Horizon Hobby Event - Drones on the Horizon RC Festival

Compete for cash and prizes, test out the latest and greatest products, and watch the demos at this one-day RC festival.

Splash

One Day Only in Orlando Florida

Horizon Hobby will be hosting the Drones on the Horizon RC festival at the Central Florida Fairgrounds in Orlando, FL from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM on April 9th, 2016. This one-day event will feature a meet and greet with professional racer and rc enthusiast Juan Pablo Montoya, as well as drone, airplane, and boat training sessions. You can get some track time with ECX and Vaterra buggies, truggies, and rock crawlers, and experience FPV racing with MultiGP.

Register to FPV Race

If you think you have what it takes to compete, you can register for the FPV race that will award the winners with cash and prizes.

Winners will receive:

• 1st place $1000
  • 2nd Place $350
  • 3rd Place $150
  • Fastest Lap: Vortex Pro
  • Final Races: Saturday, April 9

Vendors and Retail Centers. Prizes and Giveaways.

Here's what Horizon Hobby has to say about Drones on the Horizon one-day festival: Drones on the Horizon is a one-day event you won’t want to miss. Free parking and admission makes it easy to spend the entire day trying out the coolest radio control cars, boats, airplanes and drones, all for FREE. Or you can relax on the edge of your seat while watching the hottest new racing sport to shock the world, intense FPV Drone Racing.

Click here for more information on Horizon Hobby's Drones on the Horizon RC Festival.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Mar 10, 2016 at 11:00 AM..
Mar 10, 2016, 08:34 PM
DesertEagle
Looks like fun.

Up here in Montucky we have an upcoming racing event I would like to post about.

It's the 1st annual Tumble weed race.
Contestants drink beer in the usual 30MPH everyday wind and watch tumble weeds roll through the plains. Later we try to identify trash and flying debris being tossed around.
It's great fun for nobody....

Sorry just jealous seeing everyone else in the country having fun
Mar 15, 2016, 02:01 AM
Rune A Sweden

Spektrum Focal goggles

I am curious to hear more about the new Spektrum Focal goggles from Horizon. Tests and specs. Will there be correction lenses for -2, -4 and -6 in the same way as Fat Shark has?
Mar 31, 2016, 03:59 AM
Right Rudder
I will be there!

Awesome! Finally, a significant event for Central Florida!
Apr 08, 2016, 08:51 PM
Right Rudder
Can't wait!
Apr 08, 2016, 10:15 PM
Right Rudder

Strange that Fair Grounds Web Site doesn't have this Event Listed?

Gals & Guys,

It is really strange that this event is not listed up at the Orlando Fair Grounds?

http://centralfloridafair.com/events/
Apr 11, 2016, 07:25 AM
We will all float on Ok.
I stopped by Sat afternoon. My first impressions were not favorable, but it was beyond HH's control. Somebody was flying a racing quad in the parking lot and crashing. I walk through the entrance and somebody is flying a quad over people. I guess the word is not getting out about safety.

I got there just before 5, and a lot of stuff had already been packed up. Oh well, if you are closing at 5, just say so.
Apr 11, 2016, 11:45 AM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Korn
I stopped by Sat afternoon. My first impressions were not favorable, but it was beyond HH's control. Somebody was flying a racing quad in the parking lot and crashing. I walk through the entrance and somebody is flying a quad over people. I guess the word is not getting out about safety.

I got there just before 5, and a lot of stuff had already been packed up. Oh well, if you are closing at 5, just say so.
So sorry for your bad experience.

I got there with my 77 year old mom as we had to multi-task that Saturday and I was driving her vehicle so, it was taking her or not attending.

We both got there right at 1:37pm and we had a great time. There was nothing of the sort as you described and I didn't witness any SAFETY ISSUE anywhere and believe me we both went everywhere including the QUAD RACER section and the spotter on the Speaker announced to me to keep about three feet away from the safety net.

I was very impressed.

Pictures and Videos to follow soon!
Apr 11, 2016, 07:19 PM
We will all float on Ok.
It was not a bad experience, it was fun. I really enjoyed the products I got to see.

It could have been safer.
Apr 12, 2016, 12:31 AM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Korn
It was not a bad experience, it was fun. I really enjoyed the products I got to see.

It could have been safer.
Tom,

I am glad you came back and considered a change of heart!

Like in your previous post, it was not Horizon Hobby fault since they had finished when you were there and witnessed what you posted originally.

As promised, I uploaded in raw form (unedited), four (4) videos and several high res pictures when I was there!

(0 min 57 sec)

(0 min 49 sec)

(1 min 11 sec)

(0 min 11 sec)
Apr 12, 2016, 09:44 AM
Right Rudder
Gals & Guys,

So sorry about no Video for the Quad Racers!

They took a long time to setup and I turned off the Video mode. When the races started, I had thought it was recording! Ug!

The Quad Racers were fantastic and the wind didn't really affect them, well maybe a tiny little bit!

We need more events like this!
Apr 12, 2016, 09:50 AM
Right Rudder
I just reviewed the videos and I am missing one with Juan Pablo Montoya trying out the RC Car Jump with great skill. I uploaded the wrong Video.

Will correct it soon!
Apr 13, 2016, 07:33 PM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial
I just reviewed the videos and I am missing one with Juan Pablo Montoya trying out the RC Car Jump with great skill. I uploaded the wrong Video.

Will correct it soon!

As promised!

(1 min 56 sec)
Apr 13, 2016, 07:52 PM
Right Rudder
To: Horizon Hobby and Friends

Thank you for coming to Orlando, Florida and having us and our families enjoy the hobby in the best weather, time of year! It was a home run!

Quick Reply