Aug 10, 2004, 09:24 AM
Alert

fast,fast,fast

Does anyone know of a truly super fast 1/2A ARF plane.
Years ago I had a 1/2A racer with a TD 051 that burned up the sky.
I can not Recall the kit name. I do not build so well now and would like an ARF.
Any MFG. names or if you have something like this for sale would be a big help.
Thanks guys.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 10, 2004, 04:58 PM
There aren't any fast ARF's out there, the ACE GLH is probably what you had as it was popular and a very good airplane. 1/2A pylon type planes are a very-much do it yourself proposition. Check out RCU's 1/2A forum and look up "Caliente", Jeremy Chin's balsa foam racer. It's doing around 120mph from memory, so you can see the potential. I started a Sp400 based 1/2A racer with a molded fuse but haven't worked on it since. I got as far as pulling a body out of the mold and life got in the way.

I wrote a thread in the High Performance forum here in the electric side of RC Groups called "It's a boy!" detailing the mold and body manufacture. If you can't pull it up, let me know and I'll post a few pics here.

Have Fun and Good Luck!

Dave

Dave