Apr 11, 2016, 11:13 AM
jean-claude Terrettaz
Thank you for the infos ARI . Jeff Dessert will give me the ballast , I just have to make some fresh croissants for the trade!!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 29, 2016, 11:31 PM
RC Paraglider / Sailplanes
What are you guys using as throws for the ailerons, elevator and rudder?
May 04, 2016, 01:27 PM
So far so good, just starting to fly my Euphoria but would like some insight into the flap settings. I cannot find any figures for "thermal flap" or "speed flap" settings. Can you let us know what you use?
May 04, 2016, 02:04 PM
Fish are able to fly!
I use -1.5 degree for speed and +2.5-3 for thermal mode. But best adviser is practice of course))
May 05, 2016, 03:44 AM
Thread OP

Various settings

Hi folks!
To your questions I reply by sending some official information on Euphoria.
This was sent to us form Alexander Doroshenko.

With my small experience flying the Euphoria I found the Thermal setting of 8mm Max, and 4 mm average too much. I now use only 2-3mm on Thermal because I hate to see the airplane slowing too much and getting off the step.
But all this depends on your personal way of flying.
Kostas last week gave me a nice explanation about this.
“If you are so lucky to put your hands on two identical F1 cars from the same team (each is driven by a different driver) so all their different settings are performed by the individual drivers.
You will soon realize that these two identical cars are completely different!”
May 05, 2016, 06:03 AM
Fish are able to fly!
That is correct) 3mm is good enough thermal setup. I like measure in degrees using simple tool which I made from heli pitch gauge
May 06, 2016, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the information guys, I'll go and try them out now.
May 09, 2016, 01:41 PM
First full on competition and having only two practice sessions came 4th. A great start to the season.
Looks like the Euphoria can mix it with the Maxas and Pike Perfections.
May 09, 2016, 01:44 PM
Pretty much same for me at local contest on Saturday. Sixth out of group of 18 with minimal test flights on my Euphoria. My best finish ever since starting ALES. This model seems to fit my flying style to a tee...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrmat
First full on competition and having only two practice sessions came 4th. A great start to the season.
Looks like the Euphoria can mix it with the Maxas and Pike Perfections.
May 09, 2016, 05:36 PM
Fish are able to fly!
garrmat, JeffD - congrats)) This model really leads to success! I won eight of ten local contests with my Euphorias in 2015 season and will try to continue We have some of them in our club and no one disappointed owner.
May 10, 2016, 07:14 PM
Team Canada F5J, Team Graupner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffD
Pretty much same for me at local contest on Saturday. Sixth out of group of 18 with minimal test flights on my Euphoria. My best finish ever since starting ALES. This model seems to fit my flying style to a tee...
Your timer helped!!!
May 11, 2016, 04:54 AM
Thread OP
Happy to hear the news folks!
We also did well on 10-04-16 during Serres F5J-GR competition.
Spiros was third and I was forth.

Somehow I notice a big smile on all people holding Euphorias…
May 22, 2016, 04:25 AM

Euphoria settings

I have just purchased a 4m F5J Euphoria and I am after some ballpark settings for the initial control throws.

I am fully aware that these settings will start to change after the initial test flights, but would like to have some idea as to where to start.

Is there any manufacturers information on where to start? Or does someone have an email address for the models manufacturer?

Martin.
May 23, 2016, 08:43 AM
Fish are able to fly!
Martin, You can start with ailerons +12 degree (down) /-15 degree (up) differential . I personally prefer -60% exponential as well. Thermal mode is +3 degree, speed mode -2.5 with no elevator mixing in my case). Elevator setup is your own preferences but better to have some extra for initial flight just in case. I fly with 13 degree up an 11 down. My CG is 112mm. I measure throws with simple device, I posted pictures above. Good luck
May 23, 2016, 11:03 AM
Soarerf3j,

Many thanks for the info. It is about what I expected except for the 60% expo. But, as we all know control throws are pilot specific.
At least I have now confirmation of a starting point.

Martin.

Quick Reply