Mar 07, 2016, 09:47 PM
Thread OP
Contest

Midwest Slope Challenge 2016

Online registration is now open! We are looling forward to another great year! We are planning to have our infamous prime rib with all the trimmings at our Saturday night banquet. See you all in May!

Darla Blevins
Wings Over Wilson

Moderator,
Please make this a sticky. Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 07, 2016, 11:21 PM
Hi all, Time to get things built and ready for this year and like years past I am behind. Hope to see the old group and some new faces this year. Make a post even if you can't make it just so we know you are still with us. Good air to ya . Erik
Mar 08, 2016, 01:39 AM
Gliders ain't drones!
Yeah, man. I was one of the first to sign up, and a week later my daughter informed us about her graduation date...yep, the Friday of MWSC.

Bryan and I will be there in spirit, harassing you from afar, Erik. We'll be gettting our 'big air' fix the following week in South Dakota. Not the same...but next year...we'll be back

-= Dave
Mar 08, 2016, 12:21 PM
Fly like you can still see it

We're getting the band back together

Larry, Darla, Larry, Eric,
Man-o-man, I am really looking forward to this year's MWSC.
// Dave
Mar 09, 2016, 10:22 AM
Yes sir, I too am looking forward to the fun . Going to miss Dave .It's always good to have some entertainment if the winds are light. And yes I know it's not pc. All be safe on the way out and we will see you soon. POST. Erik
Mar 09, 2016, 11:32 AM
And Repairs
In the spirit of posting pics, here is one to aim for in combatů Or Not.

It will be my first time there this year. Really looking forward to it.
Ty
Mar 09, 2016, 05:21 PM
Hi Ty, Are you the same Ty that we were at the caves with? Good to see you on board, fresh meat since DAVE CAN'TMAKE IT. All kidding aside .Have a good one Erik.
Mar 09, 2016, 06:07 PM
Gliders ain't drones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsinface
Hi Ty, Are you the same Ty that we were at the caves with? Good to see you on board, fresh meat since DAVE CAN'TMAKE IT. All kidding aside .Have a good one Erik.
Ty -- Without me there, Erik will expect you to have a repair kit on the hill -- some wood scraps, CA, and whatever else he might need to keep his planes flying.

Good luck!

-= Dave
Mar 09, 2016, 06:13 PM
And Repairs
Hi Erik. Yes, that's me. Thank you for the great introduction to sloping in your area a couple of weeks ago. Looking forward to getting back up there.

My field repair kit seems to keep shrinking from being needed too often.
Ty
Mar 09, 2016, 07:59 PM
Dave is just jealous. He was treated way to well and even came back after all those things I wrote about him on the bathroom wall. But bring some ca for sure. Great to have you.Erik
Mar 09, 2016, 10:03 PM
Where's the wind?
I'm in. I'll sign up after I renew my AMA. Have been building my shop so haven't been flying at all. I'll be a pylon in the races for sure this year.

Andrew
Where's my Bondo? I'm going to need a bunch to patch up my race planes.
Mar 09, 2016, 10:39 PM
Thread OP
Hi guys! I'm glad that you are having fun BSsssing! On a serious note, I want to Thank Ty for registering online....everything is aokay!
Now for the rest of you guys! I like to see some online registration emails! Here are those that have registered as of today:

Tom Wild, Dave Garwood, Joe Chovan, Jack Berry, Greg Hine, Ty Mayo, Erik Eaton, and Larry Blevins.

See you guys in May!

Darla
Mar 18, 2016, 05:29 PM
hey,

Darla and guys,

just registered. I can't wait. I got a Trinity together thanks to my brother Thane and Jim Baker. Its a mix of 2 planes but flies like a new one..

I have always had a blast at this meet and don't expect it to be any differant this year..

later Andrew K..
Mar 20, 2016, 07:34 PM
Where's the wind?
Okay, I've gotten ambitious and ordered a war-bird kit from jack for race this year. I dug through my build pile and found 5 LEG kits but none were the right vintage to race. Ordered a P80.

Mice have started to nibble on my kit parts so I guess I have 6 to build soon. Started on 1/2 guppy kits I have. I have 2 guppys, 60" U2, 60" Hughes H1, and 60" Tucano kits that I found collecting dust. I've given away all my warbird LEG kits I guess. I thought I had some others but can't find them in the pile of unbuilt kits.

Time to put my nice work space to work and build some foam.

Andrew
Yes, I know I still haven't signed up but will soon.
Mar 22, 2016, 11:21 AM
Hi Andrew, With that nice shop it is time for sure. Glad to have you on board again.

Quick Reply