Mar 11, 2016, 02:15 PM
FYI - Android CCS 2.05 also seems to have fixed the bluetooth problems with the Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50F, as well as the Digiland DL718M.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 11, 2016, 03:55 PM
Android app updated, but when i tried to update the firmware over BT for the BC (already at 1.47), it went through the whole firmware update process to 1.47.

Did I miss something? Should I try the windows update app instead?
Mar 11, 2016, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauropitotto View Post
Android app updated, but when i tried to update the firmware over BT for the BC (already at 1.47), it went through the whole firmware update process to 1.47.

Did I miss something? Should I try the windows update app instead?
The App was updated to v2.05 but the Bump is still at v 1.47... so there would be no change.
Mar 11, 2016, 04:55 PM
Ah, thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated
Mar 11, 2016, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly View Post
FYI - Android CCS 2.05 also seems to have fixed the bluetooth problems with the Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50F, as well as the Digiland DL718M.
Yes, my Digiland D...M is connecting perfectly. Awesome!!!
Mar 12, 2016, 09:33 AM
I can report that the Android CCS appears to work flawlessly with the Samsung Galaxy S7, including NFC.
Mar 12, 2016, 03:12 PM
Citizen#019

Introducing the Bump Controller CCS mobile app

App works fine on 5th gen kindle fire 7 and HD 8 after installing the play store.
Mar 12, 2016, 04:25 PM
Professional Toothpick maker
Works great on 3rd gen kindle fire hdx but I had to side load it
Mar 12, 2016, 04:46 PM
House of Paine
Quote:
Any time you see large swings in the fuel gauge as the charge/discharge current increases, it means the cell IR value being used for the charge is too high.

What do you have configured for the Rated cell IR on that BumpTag ?

When you Bump (and hold) the battery, you'll see the rated Cell IR in about the middle of the screen. The default value for this cell IR value gets generated from the Max Discharge C value that you specified during setup, but you could have manually changed it too.

NOTE: There has only been one change to the behavior of the Fuel Gauge since the initial Bump release - we switched from using the Measured Cell IR (measured during Analyze) to using the Rated Cell IR (specified during BumpTag setup).

The reason for this change was because we saw a couple cases in the field where dirty/corroded balance cables/boards would cause bogus cell IR readings. When that happens during a normal charge, the Bump will show cell IR warnings because they exceeded the warning threshold - this would trigger you to go figure out what was happening. However, if that happened during an Anaylze Cycle, then those bogus cell IR values would also get written to the Measured Cell IR during an UpdateTag, and then the Fuel Gauge was also drastically off. The improved Fuel Gauge accuracy achieved by using the actual Measured Cell IR was negligible and the frustration caused by having an inaccurate Fuel Gauge was not.

SOOOOOO .... if you are seeing a problem with a Fuel Gauge, test it on 1.47 and provide me with the BumpTag setup details and we will resolve it. The fuel gauge is working perfectly for myself, the beta team, and the vast majority of customers, so there isn't much else we can do to help if we're not provided more data to assist you.
Apparently this setting is what is messing up the fuel gauge on all 24 or so of the batts I tagged to start. When I examine they all show 1C and high values for ir, for example a 6S 3300 shows 127.27. I guess I missed that setting or did not understand it's importance and when I did my first test tag I did not see the issue as I believe that firmware used measured IR so fuel gauge looked good. I just picked up a couple new packs (4S 4000) and set those at 45C, the IR shows 2.33, and the fuel gauge works correctly. I don't see any way to change that setting on a tag so I guess it's part of the write once area which sort of sucks.
Mar 12, 2016, 04:53 PM
House of Paine
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaser42 View Post
Ran into a few issues with app/controller (with latest firmware):

1. May have hit noise issue others have reported as controller starting changing screens on it's own and such. Moved comm wires away from power and it was better, guess I need the chokes.

2. The charge % portion of display on meter/app is acting wonky. Sometimes shows correct value sometimes shows 0% at beginning of charge(fast) with batts starting at storage. When starting at 0 it will often stay there until nearly charged, then start ramping up just before end of charge but never reaches near 100%.

3. The clear from the app at the end of charge does not clear the bump setting like it does on the controller. I have to click on the batt info in app and hit clear a second time or use clear on the controller. The first time this happened I did not notice, bumped a new pack and started charging. The first pack was a 4.27 batt, the second a 4.2, and I noticed my 4.2 pack was being over changed because it was using the first pack info.

4. A couple of times the app did not refresh when a pack had finished charge.
Updates for me on these issues I saw the first weekend of use...

1. Not sure if was latest firmware or adding chokes but I've had no further issues with screen jumping around.

2. I discovered the fuel gauge issue is due to how I setup my tags on my first 24 batts.

3. The clear from app is working better but I have still had a couple times where it did not fully clear. The green screen goes away but the properties for the just finished pack still remain. Probably happened <10% of the time.

4. No further issues with this.
Mar 12, 2016, 08:54 PM
Jacob Helber
Quote:
Apparently this setting is what is messing up the fuel gauge on all 24 or so of the batts I tagged to start. When I examine they all show 1C and high values for ir, for example a 6S 3300 shows 127.27. I guess I missed that setting or did not understand it's importance and when I did my first test tag I did not see the issue as I believe that firmware used measured IR so fuel gauge looked good. I just picked up a couple new packs (4S 4000) and set those at 45C, the IR shows 2.33, and the fuel gauge works correctly. I don't see any way to change that setting on a tag so I guess it's part of the write once area which sort of sucks.
I went through the same thing and mistook the maximum discharge to be what you wanted during a discharge cycle instead of the C rating. Luckily I only did it on 4 of the tags. I was thinking that an analyze cycle should let you re program the tag by re-writing the IR but it doesn't appear to be the case. I ended up scrapping those tags and reprogrammed some new ones and used the C rating off of the battery and the calculations it comes up with are pretty dang close and the fuel gauge now works as expected. Sucks that you went through 24 tags though
Mar 12, 2016, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Updates for me on these issues I saw the first weekend of use...

1. Not sure if was latest firmware or adding chokes but I've had no further issues with screen jumping around.

2. I discovered the fuel gauge issue is due to how I setup my tags on my first 24 batts.

3. The clear from app is working better but I have still had a couple times where it did not fully clear. The green screen goes away but the properties for the just finished pack still remain. Probably happened <10% of the time.

4. No further issues with this.
#3 is most likely the following issue which will be fixed this week :

After operation completes, if you disconnect the battery *before* pressing Back//Clear, then Android app will incorrectly show the "blue" idle/setup screen instead of staying on the "green" operation complete screen.

Let me know if you see any problem other than.
Mar 12, 2016, 09:45 PM
Quote:
That does suck.

Unfortunately, there were a couple early demo videos posted by non-Revo sources which showed setting Max Discharge C to some random/low/incorrect value ... not sure if that's what lead to that problem but I cringed when I saw those videos and contacted their authors to get them corrected asap, but I'm sure there were some folks that followed those errant instructions.

Weaser42 - given your willingness to help debug these issues, if u order 24 bump tags from bumpcharger.com, I'll throw in another 24 for free to help cover the cost of those scrapped tags.
Mar 13, 2016, 04:39 AM
I just realized that this is how I had setup all of my batteries as well. I had set that as the charge rate and not max discharge. Will this just affect the fuel gauge? Or should I redo all my batteries?
Mar 13, 2016, 11:11 AM
House of Paine
Quote:
That does suck.

Unfortunately, there were a couple early demo videos posted by non-Revo sources which showed setting Max Discharge C to some random/low/incorrect value ... not sure if that's what lead to that problem but I cringed when I saw those videos and contacted their authors to get them corrected asap, but I'm sure there were some folks that followed those errant instructions.

Weaser42 - given your willingness to help debug these issues, if u order 24 bump tags from bumpcharger.com, I'll throw in another 24 for free to help cover the cost of those scrapped tags.

Thanks for the offer, very generous of you. I'll put in an order after this post

With regards to setting this C rating on the tag, how critical is this value? Is it fine to use the published C rating of the pack or should I use the more realistic calculated "True C" rating using measured ir (typically < half published for my packs)?