Thread Tools
Mar 06, 2016, 05:53 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast916 View Post
Thanks!

Just back from Best Buy....they were great and easily exchanged my DL718M for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A. There were three reasons why I purchased this tablet...1. I saw in one of your earlier posts that this was the tablet you were running 2. Price of $199 was a tad pricey but still not that bad 3. My brother-in-law raves about his Samsung devices.

It's charging right now so, can report back later on how it works.

Quick question. I think this has an obvious answer but a question not asked is a dumb question. As long as I don't use the USB charge cord connected to my power supply, I shouldn't notice any touch screen issues correct? Essentially the issue is from power supply noise and it will work fine wirelessly?

Thanks!
Yes, that has been my experience. So I have been plugging it in to charge as needed but leaving it unplugged when using it. I'll eventually come up with a solution, so when I do, I'll share. Let me know what your experiences are too.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2016, 05:56 PM
Registered User
Just bought the DL718M and will be testing with it this week - keep you posted on what I find.
Mar 07, 2016, 07:22 AM
Registered User
gww528's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly View Post
We'll add new layouts that will allow it. Right now, if it can't fit the subview area, it won't allow a layout with all 4 chargers. We will be adding a new layout which removes the subview area in this situation - so it will look much like the Bump when it displays 4 chargers in a grid (except of course, with more info). Phones definitely won't show 4 chargers, and smaller tablets are questionable.

Over time, we will continue to tweak and optimize for all screen sizes and situations, but it is time consuming, so be patient.
Charged for 5 hours using the Android app (with v1.47 Bump firmware), worked great. Samsung tablet stayed connected with bluetooth the whole time, no disconnects. The Bump was very stable, the screen did NOT jump around as it did on v1.46.

Getting back to the TAB screens showing side by side for 2 or more Tabs, I understand how you will need to optimize for all screen sizes. But I would think it would work for a Samsung 8" tablet. What tablets/size screens is the software optimize to display side by side tabs on the screen?

PS
the side by side TAB layout for viewing on tablet, is the main reason I purchased the Android app
Last edited by gww528; Mar 07, 2016 at 07:34 AM.
Mar 07, 2016, 09:11 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by gww528 View Post
Charged for 5 hours using the Android app (with v1.47 Bump firmware), worked great. Samsung tablet stayed connected with bluetooth the whole time, no disconnects. The Bump was very stable, the screen did NOT jump around as it did on v1.46.

Getting back to the TAB screens showing side by side for 2 or more Tabs, I understand how you will need to optimize for all screen sizes. But I would think it would work for a Samsung 8" tablet. What tablets/size screens is the software optimize to display side by side tabs on the screen?

PS
the side by side TAB layout for viewing on tablet, is the main reason I purchased the Android app
The current layouts were just intended as a starting point that works reliably. Currently, 2 chargers side-by-side should work on anything except a cell phone in portrait orientation. 3 or 4 chargers requires more vertical space to accommodate the second row, so probably borderline on an 8".

These layouts and rules are fairly easily changed, but difficult and time-consuming to test/evaluate on the massive number of devices out there, so it's something I plan to evolve slowly - make small changes and see what issues are reported. The simplest and most common approach to adapting the content is to use scrolling, but I really want to avoid that whenever possible - the purpose of this app is to get as much information as possible on the screen for you to see, not hidden in a scrolling panel. So adapting will involve more content resizing/scaling and prioritization to avoid scrolling.

The next release will include layouts which support the 4-charger "grid" layout for 7" tablets and above, in either landscape or portrait orientation. It will likely rely on vertical scrolling (like it does now on phones), but I'll tweak the layout to make sure that the main status information (everything from the capacity in/out line and above) is visible without scrolling.

For your reference, I'll be testing on the following devices:
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S6
Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Digiland 7"
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8"
Samsung Galaxy Pro 10"
Mar 07, 2016, 02:18 PM
Registered User
gww528's Avatar
Thank you Kelly, great work, great customer service
Mar 07, 2016, 04:35 PM
Registered User
gww528's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly View Post
The current layouts were just intended as a starting point that works reliably. Currently, 2 chargers side-by-side should work on anything except a cell phone in portrait orientation. 3 or 4 chargers requires more vertical space to accommodate the second row, so probably borderline on an 8".

These layouts and rules are fairly easily changed, but difficult and time-consuming to test/evaluate on the massive number of devices out there, so it's something I plan to evolve slowly - make small changes and see what issues are reported. The simplest and most common approach to adapting the content is to use scrolling, but I really want to avoid that whenever possible - the purpose of this app is to get as much information as possible on the screen for you to see, not hidden in a scrolling panel. So adapting will involve more content resizing/scaling and prioritization to avoid scrolling.

The next release will include layouts which support the 4-charger "grid" layout for 7" tablets and above, in either landscape or portrait orientation. It will likely rely on vertical scrolling (like it does now on phones), but I'll tweak the layout to make sure that the main status information (everything from the capacity in/out line and above) is visible without scrolling.

For your reference, I'll be testing on the following devices:
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S6
Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Digiland 7"
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8"
Samsung Galaxy Pro 10"
FYI... here is the phone and tablet I use and neither support side by side TABs in portrait or landscape to two chargers. Clicking on the Tab twice as we do for the Bump.

Samsung Galaxy S6
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8"
Mar 07, 2016, 05:14 PM
Professional Toothpick maker
nalby's Avatar
Works on my galaxy S5
Mar 07, 2016, 08:57 PM
Registered User
gww528's Avatar

Displaying TABs side by side


Quote:
Originally Posted by gww528 View Post
FYI... here is the phone and tablet I use and neither support side by side TABs in portrait or landscape to two chargers. Clicking on the Tab twice as we do for the Bump.

Samsung Galaxy S6
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8"
OK, here is the situation... when the Bump is connected to 4 chargers and only 2 chargers are charging, i.e. #1 & # 3 You can tap the #3 TAB and only the TABs with chargers charging will appear side by side, in this case #1 and #3 tabs. If you have 3 chargers charging, then you will have 3 TABs side by side. This does not happen with the Cell phone or tablet....
Now if you only have 2 chargers connected to the Bump, then the TABs will appear side by side with the Cell phone and tablet.

My problem is, that I always had 4 chargers connected and the TABS are not going to display side by side at this time in the development of the App as Kelly stated.

So I can now confirm that Samsung Galaxy S6 & Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8" do work with the App as it is designed at the moment with only 2 chargers connected.
--------------------------------------------------
Contrary to the way some people feel about having a polished program right out of the box (most software have a few bugs anyway), I like having input on how a program/app will be develop with new features. Keep up the good work.
Last edited by gww528; Mar 07, 2016 at 09:04 PM.
Mar 07, 2016, 09:10 PM
Registered User
gww528's Avatar
Here is a thought on way some Bluetooth connections may disconnect during the Bump firmware upgrade. The app is set to "not to display while chargers are idle". This happened to me, when I set it to not to disconnect, the firmware was successful. You may want to have the program, hard coded not to disconnect when updating the Bump firmware.
Mar 08, 2016, 08:45 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by gww528 View Post
OK, here is the situation... when the Bump is connected to 4 chargers and only 2 chargers are charging, i.e. #1 & # 3 You can tap the #3 TAB and only the TABs with chargers charging will appear side by side, in this case #1 and #3 tabs. If you have 3 chargers charging, then you will have 3 TABs side by side. This does not happen with the Cell phone or tablet....
Now if you only have 2 chargers connected to the Bump, then the TABs will appear side by side with the Cell phone and tablet.

My problem is, that I always had 4 chargers connected and the TABS are not going to display side by side at this time in the development of the App as Kelly stated.

So I can now confirm that Samsung Galaxy S6 & Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8" do work with the App as it is designed at the moment with only 2 chargers connected.
--------------------------------------------------
Contrary to the way some people feel about having a polished program right out of the box (most software have a few bugs anyway), I like having input on how a program/app will be develop with new features. Keep up the good work.
My plan for the mobile app is basically the same as the Bump UI *except* I was going to add a Settings option for Overview mode "only show active chargers" vs "show all connected chargers". When "only active" is selected, it will behave like the Bump UI and maximize the use of the available screen real estate .... including being able to see 2 active chargers even though 4 are connected. When "always" is selected, it will need to have enough screen real estate to show them all (7" tablet or bigger), otherwise Overview mode won't activate.

Thoughts ???
Mar 08, 2016, 08:50 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by gww528 View Post
Here is a thought on way some Bluetooth connections may disconnect during the Bump firmware upgrade. The app is set to "not to display while chargers are idle". This happened to me, when I set it to not to disconnect, the firmware was successful. You may want to have the program, hard coded not to disconnect when updating the Bump firmware.
I noticed the same thing when testing the Digiland - as soon as the screen timed out, the BT download also died.
I changed the display timeout to "always on" and that seemed to help - it continued much further than 4%, but still wouldn't finish the download.

Jack and Cool Hand Luke did a bunch of testing with the Digiland yesterday and got some good information - there seems to be a correlation between the installed firmware version and connect/download problems. I should have time tomorrow to start debugging further.
Mar 08, 2016, 10:28 AM
Registered User
gww528's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly View Post
My plan for the mobile app is basically the same as the Bump UI *except* I was going to add a Settings option for Overview mode "only show active chargers" vs "show all connected chargers". When "only active" is selected, it will behave like the Bump UI and maximize the use of the available screen real estate .... including being able to see 2 active chargers even though 4 are connected. When "always" is selected, it will need to have enough screen real estate to show them all (7" tablet or bigger), otherwise Overview mode won't activate.

Thoughts ???
I like the Overview mode idea, no need to see a charger TAB when the battery is not charging. Overall a good plan. Thanks for the feedback.
Mar 08, 2016, 11:24 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by gww528 View Post
I like the Overview mode idea, no need to see a charger TAB when the battery is not charging. Overall a good plan. Thanks for the feedback.
I agree too...

Keep up the great work!!!
Mar 10, 2016, 06:05 PM
Registered User
Kinda quiet. Not a bad thing! Patiently waiting for MOAR!
Bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 on CL for 50 bucks and it's the shiznizzle. Love the remote bumping feature. BT connectivity seems excellent. Too bad they don't have NFC on their tabs.
Mar 11, 2016, 01:25 PM
Registered User

Android CCS app version 2.05 now available


My focus this week was on resolving the bluetooth connectivity problems on some tablets - like the Digiland.

I started out having 0% (0 for 10) success on my Digiland 7" doing a firmware download, and now with the changes in 2.05, I had 100% (10 for 10) success rate. So I'm hopeful that a fair number of communication problems will be solved with this release.

I also add a Bluetooth->Statistics menu option to help troubleshoot any other connectivity problems that may still exist. If you still have connectivity problems, take a screenshot of that info and include it with your problem description.

Next week I'll get started on a couple new features - next features on the list are (in priority order):
1. Bump: Support for selection of battery vs power supply from Bump UI
2. Android CCS: 4-charger layout support for all tablets (7" or larger)
3. Android CCS: Audible/vibrate alerts

Let me know how 2.05 bluetooth works for you.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Mobile Flight: Configuration and ground control app for Cleanflight on iPhone Flying Head Multirotor Drone Electronics 218 Feb 07, 2017 07:30 AM
Discussion Mobile Phone Telemetry App Agustaoexfh Graupner OPENHOBBY 5 Feb 19, 2016 08:28 AM
Suggestion Direct uploading from mobile devices (App) doughpat Site Suggestions / Complaints 1 Sep 14, 2015 06:54 AM
Discussion Hover - top mobile app for flyers, just pushed a new flight log feature! Analyticadev Electric Plane Talk 0 May 09, 2015 02:41 PM
Discussion A new mobile app project jerome_ Other Websites 0 Jan 03, 2014 12:49 PM