Introducing the Bump Controller CCS mobile app - Page 27 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Sep 29, 2017, 04:25 PM
Registered User
Beckler's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly
// Version 4.12
Good to see the new features! First issue seen in new version: history upload might be broken. Got stuck after the charge both times I tried. Progress bar full green, says 0/0, and frozen. Had to Cancel and it wasnt uploaded.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2017, 05:24 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckler
Good to see the new features! First issue seen in new version: history upload might be broken. Got stuck after the charge both times I tried. Progress bar full green, says 0/0, and frozen. Had to Cancel and it wasnt uploaded.
Thanks for reporting.

Please capture/screenshot the Debug Log and attach it here or email to kelly@revolectrix.com.
When you reconnect, does it keep trying to upload and get stuck or only happens 1 time (per charge) ?
Sep 29, 2017, 06:31 PM
Registered User
Beckler's Avatar
So after rebooting everything and trying 3 more charges, it's working normally. Will update if it reoccurs.

Bug found though (on my tablet at least): in History, with a dropdown menu expanded open. Android Back button then opens "Confirm Disconnect & Exit" dialog and crashes app - it won't exit and only Home button works, then need to Force Stop. Reproducible.
Sep 29, 2017, 06:48 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckler
So after rebooting everything and trying 3 more charges, it's working normally. Will update if it reoccurs.

Bug found though (on my tablet at least): in History, with a dropdown menu expanded open. Android Back button then opens "Confirm Disconnect & Exit" dialog and crashes app - it won't exit and only Home button works, then need to Force Stop. Reproducible.
Excellent find !!! That has been an open bug since the new Android version and I couldnt fi d a way to reproduce - ill bet the key ingredient is having the dropdown or some other floating window open at the time.

Keep me posted on the history upload thing - i just ran a couple more tests and unable to reproduce, but ill keep trying other variations.
Nov 05, 2017, 04:09 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly
Excellent find !!! That has been an open bug since the new Android version and I couldnt fi d a way to reproduce - ill bet the key ingredient is having the dropdown or some other floating window open at the time.

Keep me posted on the history upload thing - i just ran a couple more tests and unable to reproduce, but ill keep trying other variations.
I'm experiencing this same thing, had to restart several times including my bump controller, because it would freeze. As long as I didn't try to exit via back button, everything worked great.
Nov 06, 2017, 09:50 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedak
I'm experiencing this same thing, had to restart several times including my bump controller, because it would freeze. As long as I didn't try to exit via back button, everything worked great.
Known bug and fix will be out soon.
Also, the fix for DropBox sync problem is in beta testing now and will release soon.
Nov 07, 2017, 02:33 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly
Known bug and fix will be out soon.
Also, the fix for DropBox sync problem is in beta testing now and will release soon.
Great! So I learned something else about the app, freezing issue only happens when charging. If the bump controller is only powered up by usb from computer, no issues with the app. For my Android at least, I hadn't checked if it was okay with the tablet.

As for freezing, it was doing it both on my tablet and phone when charging.

I'd also like to add, that it's greatly appreciated you guys always keep improving things, both in firmware and customer support!