Introducing the Bump Controller CCS mobile app - Page 26 - RC Groups
Aug 21, 2017, 11:36 AM
I can do an internal discharge on channel 2, but not regenerative.

I can do neither on channel 1.

I'm starting to wonder about my wiring of the charger and controller.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2017, 03:01 PM
Fly, Eat, Fly, Sleep, Fly…
In my use I have noted that when my deep cycles are topped off the charger that I started first tends to stay in regen but at a reduced rate and the other chargers go into internal. if my deep cycle batteries are in need of a good charging then all 4 chargers will regen until the deep cycles are topped off.
Aug 24, 2017, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Cummings
Kelly,

Question for you.

First my setup.

PowerLab DPL8, Bump Controller, Samsung Galaxy Tab A, Four (4) 12v deep cycle in series.

I have the bump controller and dpl8 wired together with the EC-5 parallel harnesses.

Began an Analyze sequence on channel 1 with a 5s 5000mah lipo and then a couple of minutes later started an Analyze sequence on channel 2 with a 5s 5000mah lipo.

Reduced charger rate on both to 1c, 5 amps since this is break in for both lipos.

Charge on channel 1 went fine but then I got "Safety Code #86 Amps positive in discharge".

I let channel 2 keep charging and it went ok until constant voltage charge portion went on for around twenty minutes. It kept switching between full power and reduced power modes.

After a brief period channel 2 began the discharge phase but it wasn't regenerative mode so I stopped it.

I have the bump controller options set to regenerative discharge checked and the default 10 amps and 14.4 volts.

My questions are:

1. Can one channel be discharging regenerative while the other channel is charging?

2. What does error code 86 mean?

3. Why would the system default to internal discharge when I have default parameters for regenerative discharge set?

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR KNOWLEDGE and EFFORT!

Best Regards,

Thomas
1. Yes, but if they are connected to the same power source (battery) you will sometimes find that high-power charges/discharges can create significant noise which interferes with normal operation. Sometimes the charger will reduce charge/discharge rates due to "unstable" supply voltage. You may also see occasional safety codes.

2. It basically means that the charger was attempting to control current in one direction but sensed that current was (temporarily) flowing in the opposite direction. This can happen if the supply is noisy or there are sudden changes in supply voltage (something suddenly connected or disconnected).

3. It will switch to internal discharge if the supply voltage is too high - if the Regen Max Volts has been reached. Note that additional noise can cause this to happen sooner that you would expect - as soon as the supply voltage reaches the cutoff (even for an instant), the discharge will switch to internal and will not switch back.
Aug 24, 2017, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the thoughtful response Kelly.

I tried to discharge on both channels just now and got code #86 for both.

I'll try again when my supply batteries are at a lower SOC and see what happens.

Thanks Again!

Thomas
Aug 26, 2017, 04:57 PM
In search of speed......
Question about multiple bump controllers, on IOS it work fine, but when I only have one charging box going.....the other bump are being searched the whole time, of course I'm pretty sure that eat my battery (IPad) at a much faster rate....maybe have a option to stop the search?

Same happen when you finish and shutdown the charger box...it keep searching normally I shutdown the iPad and restart....so it stop searching.....
Last edited by Dansy; Aug 26, 2017 at 05:22 PM.
Aug 27, 2017, 07:56 AM
On the top right of the app screen click on the 3 horizontal bars. Then select devices. There you are able to enable/disable which bump controllers the app will be searching for.
Aug 27, 2017, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansy
Question about multiple bump controllers, on IOS it work fine, but when I only have one charging box going.....the other bump are being searched the whole time, of course I'm pretty sure that eat my battery (IPad) at a much faster rate....maybe have a option to stop the search?

Same happen when you finish and shutdown the charger box...it keep searching normally I shutdown the iPad and restart....so it stop searching.....
We have a timeout feature on the roadmap too - it will stop trying to connect after timeout and show a button where you can manually retry.
Aug 27, 2017, 03:10 PM
In search of speed......
Great thanks for the tip....that works fine....
Aug 27, 2017, 11:31 PM
KI7CBF
The Android app has stopped working for me in the last week or two on my tablet. It starts up fine, but I get the message "No Devices Active." When I click on the menu, the menu opens up but I nothing happens when I try to select any item on it - the whole app freezes up.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

I'm running Android Version 5.0. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app but that didn't help.

Everything works fine on my iPhone.
Aug 28, 2017, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrmtrk
The Android app has stopped working for me in the last week or two on my tablet. It starts up fine, but I get the message "No Devices Active." When I click on the menu, the menu opens up but I nothing happens when I try to select any item on it - the whole app freezes up.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

I'm running Android Version 5.0. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app but that didn't help.

Everything works fine on my iPhone.
What tablet ?
The last app update was several weeks ago, so any idea what changed in the last week or two ?

I heard similar symptoms on an Azpen A1040 tablet running Android 5.1, so I have one on order for testing - should know more later in the week.
Aug 28, 2017, 09:06 AM
KI7CBF
To be honest, it may have been several weeks since I used the tablet, I've gotten in the habit of using my iPhone because it has a much longer Bluetooth range (my tablet's BT range is about 4 feet).

The tablet is a Dragon Touch A1X Plus - It was the cheapest I could find to use with my Bump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly
What tablet ?
The last app update was several weeks ago, so any idea what changed in the last week or two ?

I heard similar symptoms on an Azpen A1040 tablet running Android 5.1, so I have one on order for testing - should know more later in the week.