Aug 02, 2017, 01:18 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
Hello
Does the latest BumpController firmware allow for updating a Dual PowerLab 8x2 via the Controller?
If so, is this feature supported in Android app for BumpController?

Or does it still require the use of CCS and a FUIM3?

Thanks
Yes, you can now update PL firmware from both Android and Apple app.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 02, 2017, 03:21 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Thank you very much
Aug 06, 2017, 02:58 PM
What's Nitro?
I have not seen a reply so I assume all is well with the latest iOS update and the bump app.

I spoke with Tim (I think) in the Revo booth at IRCHA and completely forgot to ask as there was so much going on.

I was excited to see the new "no display" DPL with a bump attached to the top.
Aug 06, 2017, 03:08 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCnGuy
I have not seen a reply so I assume all is well with the latest iOS update and the bump app.

I spoke with Tim (I think) in the Revo booth at IRCHA and completely forgot to ask as there was so much going on.

For what its worth, there havent been any reported issues with the latest iOS release, AFAIK ... and you guys arent shy about telling me when there are problems

It was most likely me (Kelly) that you spome to at IRCHA. Tim didnt make it this time it was myself, my 2 older boys, and variety of our excellent Revo ambassadors who were manning the IRCHA booth. Actually on the road headed home now ... the only undesirable part of the event.
Aug 06, 2017, 03:42 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCnGuy

No display DualPowerLab? As in no LCD and no buttons?
Aug 07, 2017, 02:22 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
No display DualPowerLab? As in no LCD and no buttons?
He is referring to the Dual PowerLab Touch 8 beta unit we had on display and demo at IRCHA.

It doesn't have the normal 2x LCD character display and buttons of the current Dual PowerLab 8 - the color touchscreen Bump Controller UI replaces it and is fully integrated as a standalone charger, including all functionality of the Bump Controller (Bump/NFC, Bluetooth, mobile CCS app, etc.). It also includes 2 ports for controlling external (legacy) PowerLabs, so your existing PowerLab investment is protected.

Other improvements include a single EC-5 power cable (#8) to avoid the need for external Y-cables, and standard XH balance connectors to accept standard balance cables or direct connection of XH battery packs.

Jamie will provide the details as we get closer to release, but the new PowerLab Touch series of chargers will be officially announced and orderable later this fall - IRCHA folks just got a sneak peek.
Aug 07, 2017, 04:31 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly
He is referring to the Dual PowerLab Touch 8 beta unit we had on display and demo at IRCHA.

It doesn't have the normal 2x LCD character display and buttons of the current Dual PowerLab 8 - the color touchscreen Bump Controller UI replaces it and is fully integrated as a standalone charger, including all functionality of the Bump Controller (Bump/NFC, Bluetooth, mobile CCS app, etc.). It also includes 2 ports for controlling external (legacy) PowerLabs, so your existing PowerLab investment is protected.

Other improvements include a single EC-5 power cable (#8) to avoid the need for external Y-cables, and standard XH balance connectors to accept standard balance cables or direct connection of XH battery packs.

Jamie will provide the details as we get closer to release, but the new PowerLab Touch series of chargers will be officially announced and orderable later this fall - IRCHA folks just got a sneak peek.
Sounds interesting. Thanks for the information.
Aug 07, 2017, 05:58 PM
In search of speed......
Quote:

Possible to get a sneak peek picture here....??
Aug 07, 2017, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansy
Possible to get a sneak peek picture here....??
The finished product (integrated case & BUMP) wasn't on display so there's really not much to see.
Aug 07, 2017, 06:10 PM
In search of speed......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmic
The finished product (integrated case & BUMP) wasn't on display so there's really not much to see.
There must have been something to show....since it was showed
Aug 07, 2017, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansy
There must have been something to show....since it was showed
I was there, saw it, and spent some time in the booth chatting with Kelly.
Aug 07, 2017, 09:10 PM
In search of speed......
That does nothing to my peek request LOL.....
Aug 11, 2017, 09:30 PM
What's Nitro?
Thanks Kelly.

I spend most of my time on Helifreak so didn't see your reply until now. I've been using the app on my iPhone 5s and iPad running iOS 10.3.3 with no issues.

Yes, it must have been you I spoke with at IRCHA. Sorry I didn't stay long to chat. I was showing my friend the charger and charge cases in the background. He's planning a charge case with either the DPL8 or the new one coming out.

Nice to see the new unit will have 2 ports to connect the old units. That was quite a size reduction too. It will make my charge case even smaller.

-Dave

Quote:
For what its worth, there havent been any reported issues with the latest iOS release, AFAIK ... and you guys arent shy about telling me when there are problems

It was most likely me (Kelly) that you spome to at IRCHA. Tim didnt make it this time it was myself, my 2 older boys, and variety of our excellent Revo ambassadors who were manning the IRCHA booth. Actually on the road headed home now ... the only undesirable part of the event.
Aug 21, 2017, 10:25 AM
Kelly,

Question for you.

First my setup.

PowerLab DPL8, Bump Controller, Samsung Galaxy Tab A, Four (4) 12v deep cycle in series.

I have the bump controller and dpl8 wired together with the EC-5 parallel harnesses.

Began an Analyze sequence on channel 1 with a 5s 5000mah lipo and then a couple of minutes later started an Analyze sequence on channel 2 with a 5s 5000mah lipo.

Reduced charger rate on both to 1c, 5 amps since this is break in for both lipos.

Charge on channel 1 went fine but then I got "Safety Code #86 Amps positive in discharge".

I let channel 2 keep charging and it went ok until constant voltage charge portion went on for around twenty minutes. It kept switching between full power and reduced power modes.

After a brief period channel 2 began the discharge phase but it wasn't regenerative mode so I stopped it.

I have the bump controller options set to regenerative discharge checked and the default 10 amps and 14.4 volts.

My questions are:

1. Can one channel be discharging regenerative while the other channel is charging?

2. What does error code 86 mean?

3. Why would the system default to internal discharge when I have default parameters for regenerative discharge set?

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR KNOWLEDGE and EFFORT!

Best Regards,

Thomas
Aug 21, 2017, 11:25 AM
My son said, "Dad your deep cycles were just charged, there's no where for the energy to go except through the heat sink in the charger".

Things that make you go hmmmm!

Quick Reply