Introducing the Bump Controller CCS mobile app - Page 23 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jun 16, 2017, 07:17 PM
Registered User
I know the info states this app will work with iPad 3rd gen. I was hoping to use an 'old school' iPad 2 - any reason why this may not be suitable?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2017, 08:39 PM
In search of speed......
Dansy's Avatar
I don't know why.....but I tried the apps does download fine.....but it won't connect to the bump....bummer because I have an iPad in my trailer for music....also use for my guitar pedal system....
Jun 16, 2017, 08:51 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnhemAnt
I know the info states this app will work with iPad 3rd gen. I was hoping to use an 'old school' iPad 2 - any reason why this may not be suitable?
Unfortunately, iPad 3rd gen was the first version to support Bluetooth Low Energy which is required to connect to the Bump Controller.
Technically, you could upload history to your BT/LE-enabled smartphone (or any other device) and sync it to DropBox for viewing on the iPad 2nd gen, but we can't guarantee support/performance. If you already purchased the app for another Apple device, then there's no cost in trying to see how it works on other older Apple hardware, but we won't be putting resources on fixing bugs that are specific to older hardware.
Jun 16, 2017, 08:54 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansy
I don't know why.....but I tried the apps does download fine.....but it won't connect to the bump....bummer because I have an iPad in my trailer for music....also use for my guitar pedal system....
What device/os are you attempting to connect with ?
Do you see any popups on the Bump Controller about "Bluetooth connecting" ?

By "won't connect" do you mean you see it in the list when you Scan, but aren't able to connect ? .... or it doesn't show up at all ??
Jun 16, 2017, 08:56 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckler
Revokelly any thoughts on the above? I just tried it again and even changed the supply battery type to Car AGM 95%DOD set to 10.5V limit (which it is - tho I had it set to AGM50dod before), but it didn't make any difference.
I'm going to test this myself and let you know.
I assume you're running latest firmware on both Bump and Powerlab ?
Jun 16, 2017, 09:38 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly
Unfortunately, iPad 3rd gen was the first version to support Bluetooth Low Energy which is required to connect to the Bump Controller.
Technically, you could upload history to your BT/LE-enabled smartphone (or any other device) and sync it to DropBox for viewing on the iPad 2nd gen, but we can't guarantee support/performance. If you already purchased the app for another Apple device, then there's no cost in trying to see how it works on other older Apple hardware, but we won't be putting resources on fixing bugs that are specific to older hardware.
Thanks Kelly,
I was kinda hoping that the 2nd gen would work - bugger.
Oh well, I do have an android tablet that will work so I guess I'll pay for the android app as well.
Jun 17, 2017, 09:09 AM
Registered User
Beckler's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly
I'm going to test this myself and let you know.
I assume you're running latest firmware on both Bump and Powerlab ?
Ok thanks. Yes both are the latest I think, Bump 3.12 and Dual PL 1.10.
Jun 17, 2017, 06:26 PM
In search of speed......
Dansy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly
What device/os are you attempting to connect with ?
Do you see any popups on the Bump Controller about "Bluetooth connecting" ?

By "won't connect" do you mean you see it in the list when you Scan, but aren't able to connect ? .... or it doesn't show up at all ??
2 different bump controller latest software.....PL8 and DPL8 each with their own boxes and power supply ect....

It show up but doesn't give the option to connect.....that's ok I just have to either used my iPhone or bring my 12" iPad Pro.....
Jun 19, 2017, 01:21 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly
FYI - Just applied for public release of Apple iOS CCS 1.16 with the above features, so you should see it available soon.
Update - we found a bug 1.16 which could potentially corrupt BumpTags when using the New BumpTag wizard from the iOS app, so 1.16 was held and now 4.02 (with the fix) has been submitted to Apple for release. It should post to public in the next day or two.

// Version 4.02
// BUGFIX: New BumpTag wizard sometimes fails to write tag
//
// Version 4.01
// FEATURE: Version number synced-up with latest Android "universal" app version
// FEATURE: Cycle graph export to CSV (to DropBox /export directory)
//
Jul 05, 2017, 10:53 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly
Update - we found a bug 1.16 which could potentially corrupt BumpTags when using the New BumpTag wizard from the iOS app, so 1.16 was held and now 4.02 (with the fix) has been submitted to Apple for release. It should post to public in the next day or two.

// Version 4.02
// BUGFIX: New BumpTag wizard sometimes fails to write tag
//
// Version 4.01
// FEATURE: Version number synced-up with latest Android "universal" app version
// FEATURE: Cycle graph export to CSV (to DropBox /export directory)
//
FYI - Version 4.04 for Android released to public today.
Let me know if you have any problems.

NOTE: Version 4.x is only supported on Android 5.0 and later. Older devices will only be able to access the existing version 3.50.
Last edited by RevoKelly; Jul 05, 2017 at 10:59 AM.
Jul 05, 2017, 06:18 PM
Gus
Gus
(KI7LPX)
Kelly,
I installed Android CCS v4.04 on both my Samsung Note 10.1 (Android v5.1), and on my Samsung Note 4 Android v6.0.1.
The CCS does NOT turn on the BlueTooth xmitter like it did before. If I turn on the BT, the CCS will scan, but never finds the Bump Controller.
Gus...
P.S.
What is the best way to capture the "Error Log" , and to transmit it to you?
Last edited by Gus; Jul 05, 2017 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Add Text.
Jul 06, 2017, 10:45 AM
Registered User
Beckler's Avatar
Wow new version looking v. slick! Hope to see more things added too Issues so far:
-Exit/disconnect is broken. More than once, neither choice in dialog works. Home only way to exit. (Now next day I re open app, still stuck on dialog. Had to Force Stop app.)
-Stuck at 'scanning for bluetooth' on app restart even though it was connected a few min. earlier and nothing on BC side changed. Had to do Force Stop on app.
-New tiny font shows all history menus properly now (nice) but then is too small on main display. Voltages etc. were much more readable on previous ver., using average size smartphone.
-History lists are very sluggish - almost not usable. My phone is not high end at all, but has no problem w/previous ver., and other apps.
Last edited by Beckler; Jul 06, 2017 at 11:48 AM.
Jul 06, 2017, 01:31 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckler
Wow new version looking v. slick! Hope to see more things added too Issues so far:
-Exit/disconnect is broken. More than once, neither choice in dialog works. Home only way to exit. (Now next day I re open app, still stuck on dialog. Had to Force Stop app.)
-Stuck at 'scanning for bluetooth' on app restart even though it was connected a few min. earlier and nothing on BC side changed. Had to do Force Stop on app.
-New tiny font shows all history menus properly now (nice) but then is too small on main display. Voltages etc. were much more readable on previous ver., using average size smartphone.
-History lists are very sluggish - almost not usable. My phone is not high end at all, but has no problem w/previous ver., and other apps.
What make/model and Android ver ?
The failure to disconnect/close is causing the failure to scan.
Can u take a pic/screenshot of the Debug log after app is reopened after disconnect ?
Jul 06, 2017, 02:47 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
Kelly,
I installed Android CCS v4.04 on both my Samsung Note 10.1 (Android v5.1), and on my Samsung Note 4 Android v6.0.1.
The CCS does NOT turn on the BlueTooth xmitter like it did before. If I turn on the BT, the CCS will scan, but never finds the Bump Controller.
Gus...
P.S.
What is the best way to capture the "Error Log" , and to transmit it to you?
Cant explain why it wouldn't find the Bump - are you sure another device isn't already connected to it ?

For now, just take a pic or screenshot of the Debug/Error log and post. Eventually it will have option to post/email directly from app but that is surprisingly hard to do in the app framework i'm using.
Jul 07, 2017, 11:49 AM
Gus
Gus
(KI7LPX)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly
Cant explain why it wouldn't find the Bump - are you sure another device isn't already connected to it ?

For now, just take a pic or screenshot of the Debug/Error log and post. Eventually it will have option to post/email directly from app but that is surprisingly hard to do in the app framework i'm using.
Kelly,
This morning I have been able to talk to both Bump Controllers with my Samsung SM-N910A Galaxy Note 4 Phone. I still have to turn the Blue Tooth transmitter on before trying to connect, which was previously not the case.
I am still trying to get my Note 10.1 (Android v5.1) tablet to connect. I will let you know how that works out.
Gus...

I am now getting as far as receiving the message "Pairing Rejected" when trying to connect to my Note 10.1.
Gus...
Last edited by Gus; Jul 07, 2017 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Update Information