Introducing the Bump Controller CCS mobile app - Page 20 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Apr 11, 2017, 09:19 AM
Registered User
RevoKelly,

I just purchased the long awaited iPhone app...thank you very much!!!

That said, I had been using the Android app for some time and just upgraded the Bump firmware before purchasing the iPhone app. After connecting my iPhone, I got a message that said the current Bump firmware is not the same as my iPhone firmware. I should have written the firmware numbers down but, the Android loaded firmware number was higher than the iPhone firmware number. I was hoping to be able to use both my Android tablet and my iPhone. Is this not possible?

Thanks!

Jon
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 11, 2017, 09:31 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast916
RevoKelly,

I just purchased the long awaited iPhone app...thank you very much!!!

That said, I had been using the Android app for some time and just upgraded the Bump firmware before purchasing the iPhone app. After connecting my iPhone, I got a message that said the current Bump firmware is not the same as my iPhone firmware. I should have written the firmware numbers down but, the Android loaded firmware number was higher than the iPhone firmware number. I was hoping to be able to use both my Android tablet and my iPhone. Is this not possible?

Thanks!

Jon
Here's the exact message that appears on the Bump controller:

"APPLICATION UPGRADE NEEDED

Bump controller is running newer firmware (3.11) than this application supports (3.10).

This application must be upgraded before connecting to ensure compatibility."

Sorry if this question has already been addressed. I've been off the grid and tried reading back in the posts but didn't see anything. I did see where you would offer a refund for previous Android users that wanted to switch to iPhone and that leads me to believe you can only use one or the other. Regardless, even if I can't use both, you can keep my $19.99.......you've done such an awesome job with the Bump and apps, consider it a donation to the cause!
Apr 11, 2017, 07:17 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast916
Here's the exact message that appears on the Bump controller:

"APPLICATION UPGRADE NEEDED

Bump controller is running newer firmware (3.11) than this application supports (3.10).

This application must be upgraded before connecting to ensure compatibility."

Sorry if this question has already been addressed. I've been off the grid and tried reading back in the posts but didn't see anything. I did see where you would offer a refund for previous Android users that wanted to switch to iPhone and that leads me to believe you can only use one or the other. Regardless, even if I can't use both, you can keep my $19.99.......you've done such an awesome job with the Bump and apps, consider it a donation to the cause!
You can use both at the same time, but sometimes its a challenge to keep both versions in sync with same (compatible) firmware version. This will be easier once the Android app is upgraded to the "unified" app in a few weeks.
Apr 11, 2017, 07:43 PM
Registered User
Thanks!
Apr 14, 2017, 07:21 PM
Registered User
Geoff_S's Avatar
Does the iOS app currently allow programming and/or reading of Bump Tags ?
Apr 16, 2017, 09:25 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_S
Does the iOS app currently allow programming and/or reading of Bump Tags ?
Apple does not support a public API to allow apps to use the NFC transceiver. Once the support an API, we will add support but they have not announced any timeframes.
Apr 17, 2017, 07:24 PM
Registered User
Geoff_S's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly
Apple does not support a public API to allow apps to use the NFC transceiver. Once the support an API, we will add support but they have not announced any timeframes.
Thanks.
Apr 19, 2017, 09:53 AM
Registered User
Beckler's Avatar
I have my battery history on one device but want to sync with another. Where are the files located? Using 'Backup History' feature it reports a .zip file created successfully in SDCard folder, but it's nowhere to be found on device. (This could be related to device not having an SD card though ) Or is there some easy way to do this?
Apr 19, 2017, 12:30 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckler
I have my battery history on one device but want to sync with another. Where are the files located? Using 'Backup History' feature it reports a .zip file created successfully in SDCard folder, but it's nowhere to be found on device. (This could be related to device not having an SD card though ) Or is there some easy way to do this?
Your device will have an SDCard or external storage partition even if it doesn't have a physical SD card installed - that is a standard Android requirement.
You should be able to browse files on your device and email attach directly, or connect via USB to your PC and browse the filesystem of the device to find the .zip file.

We are working on Restore feature which will let you pull that backup into another device, as well as full Dropbox support (upload/download/sync) for the new "unified" app (currently iOS only) which will allow cloud sync between any devices. This feature will be entering beta soon and will release on iOS in 3-4 weeks. Android support for the new "unified" app is also planned for around mid-May, so timing for that feature should be about the same for Android too.
Apr 19, 2017, 02:04 PM
Registered User
JMynes's Avatar
I don't use the 'Analyze' function often, but today it was not to be found on my BUMP controller or in the iPhone app (version 1.13)
Did it go away when I wasn't looking?
I know I can just charge to full, then discharge to 3.3V and look at the mAh, but the Analyze button made it a one step process.
Apr 19, 2017, 03:35 PM
Registered User
Beckler's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly
Your device will have an SDCard or external storage partition even if it doesn't have a physical SD card installed - that is a standard Android requirement.
You should be able to browse files on your device and email attach directly, or connect via USB to your PC and browse the filesystem of the device to find the .zip file.

We are working on Restore feature which will let you pull that backup into another device, as well as full Dropbox support (upload/download/sync) for the new "unified" app (currently iOS only) which will allow cloud sync between any devices. This feature will be entering beta soon and will release on iOS in 3-4 weeks. Android support for the new "unified" app is also planned for around mid-May, so timing for that feature should be about the same for Android too.
Ok good to know. Yes I have it connected to PC and can browse the device including the Download folder where it said it was saved - it's not there. I can search whole device for *.zip and it comes up with results but not that one. It's hidden somehow or it's just not getting saved.

But with or without that zip archive, is it possible today to copy the history to a second device?
Apr 22, 2017, 06:58 AM
Registered User
JMynes's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMynes
I don't use the 'Analyze' function often, but today it was not to be found on my BUMP controller or in the iPhone app (version 1.13)
Did it go away when I wasn't looking?
I know I can just charge to full, then discharge to 3.3V and look at the mAh, but the Analyze button made it a one step process.
Anybody???
Apr 22, 2017, 09:44 AM
Registered User
Beckler's Avatar
On my bump controller, ver. 3.11, Analyze cycle is still there. After I bump battery, it's just in the main charge mode list (middle button).
Apr 22, 2017, 07:42 PM
Registered User
JMynes's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckler
On my bump controller, ver. 3.11, Analyze cycle is still there. After I bump battery, it's just in the main charge mode list (middle button).
Maybe that's the problem. I was in Manual mode.
Apr 24, 2017, 02:32 PM
Registered User
rskiba's Avatar
Bought the iOS app last night and got it connected to the bump controller without issue. It even did the firmware upgrade required via BLE! Awesome since my bump is in a box and panel flush mounted. Makes it easy to update without a USB cable and disassembly of the case! Thanks Kelly.