Jan 29, 2002, 11:36 AM
HobbyView/RCRoundtable
Thread OP

Ft. Worth, TX, Electric Fly-in: March 16, 2002

This is kind of short notice, but the Fort Worth Thunderbirds has approved the hosting of its first all electric event. It will tentatively be called the G.E. Fly-in.

Since there are few of such events in the beginning of the year, it was decided to hold it on March 16, 2002 at the club field next to Benbrook lake in south Ft. Worth.

The details are still in work, but this will be a low key event aimed at getting people together to fly and have a good time (with maybe some Zagi combat thrown in ). Food will be provided by the club.

I will post more details as they are worked out, but the club has an excellent field with a long and wide paved runway and large grassy areas to the sides. Helicopters and all sorts of planes welcome.

Club website is www.fwthunderbirds.org , or http://www.teamrcpilot.com/tb1.html for club information.

-FTZ
Last edited by Fitz Walker; Feb 04, 2002 at 09:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 29, 2002, 01:16 PM
Sounds good. Does the field have AC power?
Jan 29, 2002, 01:43 PM

Thunderbird Field

Fitz !!!

Hmmm. We will have to address that. We have 4 outlets at this time. Im sure that we could put out a couple of the powerstrips with 6 outlets on it for use.

Fitz would be the one to confirm that.

Raymond Cervantes
[email protected]
www.teamrcpilot.com
Jan 29, 2002, 02:44 PM
HobbyView/RCRoundtable
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally posted by ScottS
Sounds good. Does the field have AC power?
Scott,

Yes, the field has AC power. I will see about getting power strips to expand the current four outlets.

On another note, are people interested in any events? My initial approach is to just get a bunch of battery heads together at a nice field and fly, but I'm open to suggestions.
Feb 01, 2002, 10:43 PM
Allright! If the weather's good, I'm there! This is the first electric event near enough to me that I can attend. I only have one plane to fly, but oh well... I stand to learn alot.
Yea I did have more, but the Aqua Star and the T-52 met an unfortunate death. Oh wait... I forgot I still have a Zagi
Feb 02, 2002, 11:10 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Fitz, I will do my darnest to be there, work permitting. Don Downing and Jerry Small will bring out the new little micro EDF models, if the wind is less than 10 or 15 or so.
Latest blog entry: RC events for 2019!
Feb 04, 2002, 10:19 AM
HobbyView/RCRoundtable
Thread OP
newflyer - even if the weather so-so, there will be some flying. Even if it is me by my self.

Thomas, I hope you and the guys can make it. Rumor mill says that Sparky may have his huge C-130 ready by then.

Also, I have created a .pdf Flyer for the even that has some more info.
Feb 21, 2002, 10:58 PM
gwh
gwh
This sounds like it should be alot of fun. I am planning on being there. It should be a great warm up for the Texoma Flyin in April. http://216.40.226.212/~admin2/forums...threadid=24626
Mar 11, 2002, 08:09 AM
HobbyView/RCRoundtable
Thread OP

T minus 6 days.

One week to go, just thought I'd push this back up to the top of the list.

Some Updates:

- A few people I've talked to have expressed great interest in Zagi combat. So, I will plan to have a combat event (sometime in the afternoon). In addition, a local hobby shop has offered to donate a prize for the winner. So bring your Zagis and extra frequencies.

- I also will be picking up a cool raffle item this week.

- The club's VP and resident handyman was nice enough to wire up some additional A/C power outlets. For those who plan to use A/C power, I would still reccomend bringing a power strip (and perhaps an extension cord) to help expand the number of outlits.

- Anyone with a direct contact to mother nature, please contact me, I have a favor to ask.
Mar 12, 2002, 03:45 PM
I want to come Fitz! Maybe i can beg my dad to take me out there.
Mar 14, 2002, 03:51 PM

Early predictions are

Weather.com says (on 3/14)

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourb...umber=3&hour=0

looks promising.
Mar 15, 2002, 08:48 AM
Involuntary Beta Tester
According to intellicast the winds should be favorable.
Mar 15, 2002, 10:31 AM
HobbyView/RCRoundtable
Thread OP
Jason, hope you can make it. Make sure to do your homework and clean your room.

The weather report I just read said partly cloudy, upper 60's, wind 5-15mph. Sounds like flying weather to me

Now I get to run around today to get prepared.
Mar 18, 2002, 07:46 PM

NEW Photos online from the Event

Hello,

What a great event !!! If you have a minute please take a look at some of the photos.

I will also have video clips of my Fantrainer in flight. ( I'll upload them on Tuesday 18, 2002 (afternoon)

http://www.teamrcpilot.com

Raymond Cervantes
[email protected]

Quick Reply