Mar 04, 2016, 10:05 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

De-pinning FS-iA6B

Has anyone ever attempted this? I am in the middle of a small build and really don't see a clean way to mount my receiver. If I could remove the pin board part of the receiver and solder wires directly to it this would become a very compact ppm/diversity receiver! I am half tempted to just give it a try, however, these buggers seem to be low on stock everywhere and if I ruin this one I am not flying for a while...

Any idea if this is possible?

Also, I attached a random picture that I found that gives an idea of the junction between the main board and the pin board. I can take more descriptive pictures later.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 04, 2016, 03:44 PM
Tricky but doable, I did it on my second try .
What i did was to remove the pins first, by heating with the solder from the back, and pulling with small pliers. Then remove the left over solder with soldering wick and disassembled. Again a test of patience but not very difficult.
Mar 04, 2016, 03:51 PM
I am using it ppm, but alsofiund this which might help you http://www.banggood.com/FLYSKY-Ultra...-p-988175.html

Picture of my 6B

Last edited by thevene; Mar 04, 2016 at 04:00 PM.
Mar 04, 2016, 10:00 PM
Thread OP
Thank you guys very much! You inspired me to try it myself and it went very smoothly and allowed my build to come together very nicely!
Mar 04, 2016, 10:38 PM
Congrats. . . Now pictures
Sep 15, 2016, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevene
I am using it ppm, but alsofiund this which might help you http://www.banggood.com/FLYSKY-Ultra...-p-988175.html

Picture of my 6B

How do you bind your TX/RX if you need now? Do you have a way to do it without the jumper beetween Bind pin and ground?

Thx
Oct 07, 2016, 03:05 PM
Need to know this ASAP as well!
Mar 21, 2017, 08:18 PM
I know this is an old thread.
Can I de-pin the side board from the fs-ia6b receiver? Or do I just leave it in the case?
Mar 26, 2017, 03:34 PM
Depinned mine.
You can bind after by shorting ground to bind pad.
TOP IS WITH METAL COVER DOWN

To wire:
ibus servo top far left (with pads facing away away from you, antennas toward you)
ground top and bottom far right (this would be bottom left when flip over, pads facing away from you)
power bottom all but far left and right.

Added some pics of 2nd one I just did. Removed pins this time which was easier.
Blue wire in last pic is iBus hooked to top left pad, black and yellow and ground and power in 2nd to last pic hooked to bottom last pad (ground) and one in (power). As you can see a bunch of power pads ripped off but should not me an issue.

Bind:
bind is one in from ibus so 2nd in on top left.

So to bind short pad that is one in on top left to pad on far right top.

Note the metal cover will lift right off if you tape Rx to frame with double sided tape and try to remove Rx. At least mine did and I had not even pressed down on it. I reinstalled with some hot glue when I hot glued wires and antenna.

Spanish but shows how to wire:
How To | Reducir tamaño y peso FlySky FS-IA6B (4 min 16 sec)

pinout and pads at 1:00
How to bind a Flysky FS-i6 RX (Receiver) to Transmitter FS-IA6B. Как связать передатчик и прием&#10 (3 min 19 sec)
Last edited by aviator791; Apr 08, 2017 at 04:40 PM.
Aug 14, 2017, 02:45 PM

Further Question on De-pinned

Hey,

Sorry to re-open this thread.

So I have purchased a P180 180mm from gearbest;
http://www.gearbest.com/brushless-fp...pp_639539.html

There are no bind procedures presented within any help documents. I have found your thread thank god! I was wondering if you could please explain in finer detail exactly how to bind without my key. I understand you short to ground. If I view your images, are you specifying the "back view ground" on the right and the "ppmch1" pad on the front? This will be very helpful

Thanks!

Pete
Feb 18, 2018, 04:08 PM
For future reference: short this wire (soldered next to the ibus) to ground on the other side of the board. ( pro tip : leave it attached with some heat shrink on one side)

Last edited by schizoduckie; Feb 18, 2018 at 04:37 PM.

Quick Reply