Mar 30, 2016, 08:28 AM
When cows fly!
Ok, I am leaving this thread now!!!!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 30, 2016, 08:41 AM
Mach 2
Hey Lockey you make some really nice plans, may I ask what program are you using for them?
Mar 30, 2016, 09:30 AM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Thread OP
Cherry Bomber Decals .. hope these are what you want Duke, let me know if they need any changes

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Dec 06, 2016 at 05:43 AM.
Mar 30, 2016, 09:32 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3gou
Hey Lockey you make some really nice plans, may I ask what program are you using for them?
I use Google Sketchup mate

Lockey
Mar 30, 2016, 06:10 PM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
Such a shame, see how beautiful it flies out of you hand -- had good control until..... some extreme flutter and she met her maker

Rc plane Cherry Bomber test 2 (1 min 47 sec)
Mar 30, 2016, 06:23 PM
Retired CAD guy
Can't see it mate , sorry !
Mar 30, 2016, 06:32 PM
Turn up the sound guys you'll hear it as it dives after the turns. I saved ot the first time buy not the second time....
Mar 30, 2016, 06:39 PM
That`s very unfortunate Duke !
I believe I could hear the fluttering sound just before impact .
Where do you think it was coming from ? Could it be from being too much open in the front ? Or the wing ?
I finally got to the LHS today and picked up plenty of CF tube . I have no problem with beefing up the wing plenty . I`d rather overkill than underkill wing stiffness .
Also picked up a 4S 2200mAh weighing 234gr for it . They had nothing smaller .
Mar 30, 2016, 07:15 PM
Thread OP
You could definitely hear the bbbbbrrrrrrrr both times, its that CRAP HK foam ... sorry mate

I was going to make my next build the Valkyrie, but I am going to have to build this one (in Depron) and prove that its the material and not the builder or the design

Apart from the open area at the front (and that just like the Skyray) there is no difference between this and my first one ... oh ... and the V tail ... but I am sure Duke has enough experience with V tails to know what he is doing

I am now having serious concerns about this foam, I am also thinking that both our builds (Dukes and mine) of the SeaRay were both built from this HK foam (my first build with this foam) and they were both a flop too .. was it the design or the build material

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Mar 30, 2016 at 07:35 PM.
Mar 30, 2016, 08:37 PM
Thread OP
As you can see, no flutter here made from Depron, in fact it was very twitchy as the ailerons are quite big (long)

This is exactly the same wing as Dikes one and notice the same push rod arrangement

Lockey

Re Maiden Cherry Bomb (3 min 36 sec)
Mar 30, 2016, 09:23 PM
Definitely aileron flutter, to the point of failure. At the end of the video you see me pop a inside hinge back into place. I have WAY faster planes than this and never experienced this....
I've just picked up some depron....ya!
Mar 30, 2016, 11:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukejet
Definitely aileron flutter, to the point of failure. At the end of the video you see me pop a inside hinge back into place. I have WAY faster planes than this and never experienced this....
I've just picked up some depron....ya!
I am sure it was Duke, I won't be using this HK foam for anything but "non structural" parts from now on, bendy bits OK so long as the main parts are made from Depron (or similar)

Other guys can do whatever they like but for me ... its Depron all the way

Had the plans printed for the EDF Cherry Bomber at Office Works this morning (had the ME-262 HG3 plans printed at the same time)

Lockey
Mar 31, 2016, 01:11 AM
That's great news bud. 2 mods for Cherry Bomber, move the edf back about 1 to 2 inches and put a former in where the Cf supports meet the thrust tube. Then the cf can run through the former giving the v-tail added strength.
Mar 31, 2016, 04:11 AM
Thread OP
Duke, how did it balance with th EDF where it was ?

I was considering dropping the ones at the front and running one right through the wing at the back, I did this on all my deltas (this one if my Vixen and I never had any problems

Have also added another former just under the V tails at the back

By the way, I have printed out the American Eagle and am going to have a go at gluing it on the bottom of the Skyray

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Mar 31, 2016 at 04:43 AM.
Mar 31, 2016, 07:08 AM
205g 2 inches in front of F2 in the first video . 230g 1/2 inch in front of F2 for balance that I had. Seems good for me......right about where you predicted....
Thats why i want to move it back ( 26mm in the drawing of the next one on depron) so i have some more lee-way with battery.

Quick Reply