Thanks Ian

One from the good ol days.

QUOTE=bluffman;35603987]Nice flying Phil, dig the sound track[/QUOTE]
Aug 31, 2016, 10:02 AM
Vagabond (4 min 28 sec)
Aug 31, 2016, 11:27 AM
“FLY THE PLANE”
Thread OP
Thanks for posting that one mnavarro. Man it's been a long time since I've done some ultralight acro. I really like that plane and you did some really cool maneuvers with it.
That looked like fun..

Keep them coming

Phil
Aug 31, 2016, 11:45 AM
“FLY THE PLANE”
Thread OP

Andy!

I figured that one would get you going. Good to hear from you. How is your Son? Is his wrist all good by now?

I was applying more and more elevator and right stick but the plane was sucking down left so I had to hit it hard right and up just to clear the lip. The plane flipped back to the right then did a triple barrel roll at about a 45' up angle. I let the sticks go until it stopped rolling then was able to recover it. I kept on flying for another 10min or so after.
Going super low is the only way to get max speed in the light conditions like these. All three of my fastest laps didn't read on the radar. At the very end you can hear one of the guys yell 157mph as the plane started flipping. The laps just before it were the good ones you can hear the plane speed up significantly.
With DS you take what you can get from the radar. I bet Spencer and Bruce have gone over 500mph many times that never got read.

Take care

Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-grose
Dude...that was scary close. Whew! Did you have to go sit down after that?
Aug 31, 2016, 02:14 PM
Wishing I was at Torrey Pines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just flyy
I figured that one would get you going. Good to hear from you. How is your Son? Is his wrist all good by now?
His arm healed up fine and he's back to skating and running cross-country. I'd say he's good to go.

Yeah, your videos are a good reminder of the fun we had at Bill's. Good stuff!

Andy
Sep 02, 2016, 10:07 AM
Slope Samurai Bushido
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just flyy
one skill I do above all others.................Crash.......
Sep 04, 2016, 05:02 AM
Slopeaholic
(4 min 43 sec)
Sep 10, 2016, 06:13 PM
“FLY THE PLANE”
Thread OP

End of the 2016 Summer flying session

What a great official end of summer day with the crew. Johnny, Ian, Chuck & I made it count in some light conditions. Everyone has improved so much this year. Chuck standing out as the most improved pilot for 2016.

It was great to see Johnny and many thanks for the LZ work. 6 bales of hay and some tilling the land made a huge difference in our LZ. When Johnny gets back in town he fires it up with the SkyWalker like it was yesterday he was flying it. Johnny set his PB of 155mph with the SkyWalker this Spring.

Ian showed up and threw down some great laps with the Typhoon and maned up to throw his sweet Cyril off the slope and to the backside and got some smooth 80-90mph laps in with both planes he flew in this film.

Top speed during this day in the film was my Energic at 148mph.

Johnny hit 130mph with the SkyWalker.

Chuck hit 109mph.

Ian hit 90mph.

All speeds recorded by Stalker Pro II radar.

Great times for sure!

(4 min 54 sec)

Just Flyy!
Last edited by Sky Angels; Sep 10, 2016 at 11:36 PM.
Sep 10, 2016, 07:27 PM
“FLY THE PLANE”
Thread OP

Oops

Last edited by Sky Angels; Sep 10, 2016 at 11:17 PM.
Sep 15, 2016, 10:40 PM
“FLY THE PLANE”
Thread OP

Summer sloping highlights

Great day with Ray Pili and Johnny Shirk. The El Niño has really brought some consistent lift this year. Here was a typical weekend day that we all had great flights. Check out the highlight footage!

(10 min 9 sec)
Sep 17, 2016, 08:55 AM
Sweet vids Phil! Great editing, can't wait to make it back to Cali to fire up the planes again!
It's been hard for me to get home and do some flyin, Laguna Weather is around the corner, and the 100oz hp60 will be ready. Can't wait to get back in the GROOOOOOOOVE!
Johnny
Sep 17, 2016, 09:21 AM
Decoy flares mislead
Just had a PSSA 30th year event, we did a mass build of A4 Skyhawks and this video shows the maiden of a lot of the models.

PSS A4 Skyhawks (4 min 42 sec)

A4 Skyhawk 36" span weighs 2.5 lbs on average control via ailerons and elevator.
Sep 18, 2016, 05:58 AM
Slopeaholic
Does this count as VTPR?

Aeromod Voltij - Low n Slow (3 min 38 sec)
Sep 18, 2016, 03:34 PM
a wing is enough
The first video from my vacation last week at Grossarl, Austria.

Regards, Uwe.

(6 min 9 sec)

Quick Reply