Mar 01, 2016, 10:21 PM
“FLY THE PLANE”
Thread OP
Video

Slope Flying Highlights! *****Post your videos*****

In case we don't know eachother, Hi I'm Phil Davy from San Diego. I'm a Lifer in RC and a third generation RC modeler. My Grandfather was a boat modeler since there was no flying things when he was young he was born in 1902. I grew up in a military Aviation Family. My Grandfather was in the Navy for over 30 years as pilot/surgeon with a position of captain. He was a personal friend of Admiral Halsey and was his personal Physician for most of his career.l, he was asked to accept An Admiral position in the Pacific theater but passed on the opportunity to stay with his friend and increadible human being " BULL HALSEY".

ll be traveling to Weldon this season to film Spencer and I hope Bruce and others if they are interested.

I've been trying to film/capture my experiences to be able to learn and develop as a pilot. Along the way I've learned a lot about video and editing.

A little history I'll continue at a later time.

My Dad got his wings in the Navy and flew until the Marines pulled him over especially to fly the F86 Fury and was asked and passed up the opportunity to fly with the Blue angel Flight demonstration team. He had proposed to my mom and back then they (Blue Angel Pilots) had back then a contractually binding Promise to not enter into a marriage
During their time with the team ( Korea'n war).

So my Dad followed in my Grandfathers (his Dads) footsteps, but with airplanes. He was ultra hard core at scale modeling and I have pretty much flown it all. Gas, glow, nitro, diesel electric, rubber, gliding, boats, raced 1/4 scale gasser Winston cup cars (Raco JackRabbit mod.) free flight and my favorite GLIDERS. My first plane was a sinbad, then a nomad then off to the big time a Wanderer high performance glider�� back in the late 60's and early 70's. I'll fill in later in a different post.

I always wanted to be able to catch my flying memories but had no clue how to make it happen.

DS planes are incredible machines and the things I've seen some of you guys n gals do with them and it's nothing short of amazing. The pilots are the finest I've seen in any fixed wing plane catagory. It's so darn BADASS!

Thank you to all the people who forged the way Spencer, Joe .M, Joe W. and BRUCE and countless other increadible building achievements. There are many more of you unbelievably skilled pilots here from all around the world. We need a good place to come to to get pumped about a up About a trip of the day. I find it very motivating to watch high energy flying.

ANYWAY! Post your memories and new experiences here.

Thanks for reading.

Thank you RC groups!

Shot & edited on my iPhone 7plus

(2 min 26 sec)

Here is some Of my Slopeing highlights.

Check it out!

Thanks for looking!

Phil
Last edited by Sky Angels; Oct 01, 2019 at 02:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 02, 2016, 01:00 PM
Nice video Phil. Cool slow motion effects.

Ray
Mar 02, 2016, 01:57 PM
DS Diva (2 min 29 sec)

(5 min 56 sec)
Last edited by coolmove; Mar 02, 2016 at 02:03 PM.
Mar 08, 2016, 12:16 AM
Today was a great day at TPG! Arrived around 11:45 to find Ray (rockbus) packed up and ready to leave. He ended up staying a bit longer, and tossing the SKYWALKER into 25-30 mph west winds for me. He had my phone to take the opening picture, I was pleasantly surprised to see that he took some great video. Ray is the TPG Slope coordinator. Thank you Ray!
The glider port was completely shut down do to the high winds and I believe most people where working. Being in construction we were rained out early in the morning so getting to fly was also a great. Nothing like a big plane with big winds in a completely open airspace at Torrey! This plane is by far my favorate and eats up some seriously big sky! Fully ballested at 236 oz.

(5 min 24 sec)
Mar 08, 2016, 09:42 AM
“FLY THE PLANE”
Thread OP

Dang!

I missed a great session yesterday! Really nice video Johnny. That's my favorit Skynyrd song too...

Well done young SkyWalker!

Phil.
Mar 08, 2016, 01:23 PM
Slope Samurai Bushido
A little mention to Ray for his cinematography expertise, ( Pointing the camera ), Nice job Johnny and Ray....................
Mar 08, 2016, 02:36 PM
Slopeaholic
@TPG Nice vid, pukka air, pukka slope, pukka model!
Mar 08, 2016, 02:45 PM
“FLY THE PLANE”
Thread OP

Kevin living in the limelight!

I finally got some footage of the KATO man!

(4 min 41 sec)

Fun day!
Mar 08, 2016, 07:52 PM
Slope Samurai Bushido
A new world record................... the slowest DSing Opus without crashing...........
thanks Phil for the cool video and Limelight by Rush worked out nicely.
Mar 08, 2016, 09:39 PM
Nice flying Kevin. Its harder to fly a plane in marginal conditions, have to be ssmmmooooootttthhhh on the controls.

Ray
Mar 08, 2016, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmove
[url].....

Coolmove those were two great videos. Were they at the same location?

Hard to keep up with those planes, those turns were instantaneous and the push to pull turns were nice. Some of the cinematography in the Thor video was nice, like the tilt shift like image of the plane during the introduction.

Ray

PS If I have not mentioned it nice laydown jibe. Someone else has a nice duck jibe in his avatar.
Mar 22, 2016, 10:23 PM
“FLY THE PLANE”
Thread OP

My P-51 maiden at Torrey Pines today

(4 min 58 sec)

thanks for looking!

P
Last edited by Sky Angels; Apr 19, 2016 at 03:46 PM.
Mar 22, 2016, 11:07 PM
Nice Phil! I looks like I missed a good session today. It's nice to see true skill being flown with PSS, not just a bunch of back and forth pumps. Very cool.
Johnny
Mar 23, 2016, 12:18 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlopeBatics
It's nice to see true skill being flown with PSS, not just a bunch of back and forth pumps. Very cool.
Johnny
lol burn.

There is a technique to flying good pumps in a pack... It is always refreshing though to see Phil on the sticks!
Mar 23, 2016, 12:32 PM
Nothing to see here...
Nice flyin Phil.
Beautiful plane.

Rubio
Non skilled pack flier

Quick Reply