Mar 01, 2016, 09:03 PM
Svenvwier
Thread OP
Help!

APM 2.8 wiring (camera switch, OSD, VTX, step down, UBEC)

Hello guys,

I have been researching this stuff for a couple of months now and decided to look into my specific build a little more, I just want to know your inputs on my setup and if I am missing something.(I don't want to blow up my APM)
I am in the process of building a skyhunter(love it) and want to put in lots of stuff while still only using 1 battery(2 in parallel)

I plan on using a 4s and for that I need UBECS and step down`s, but I don't know if I got it right and how much AMP should my step down be?

I have drawn a little diagram which shows how I think I should wire it, but I am not sure.

So my questions: for how much amp should my step down be rated?(for the VTX and 2 board-camera`s)should these 2 do the job?
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Does this diagram look oke, should this be oke or will I short something?and is the UBEC really needed to power the servo`s and APM or can the PM take care of that?

Also I am very sorry for my very sh*tty job drawing the diagram..
I have no idea on how to draw one and just tried my best.
(and I left the red and black wires out for the servo`s as I did not have the room for them)
(I also know I left out some components like the airspeed and GPS but they don't really have anything to do with this specific build)

Thank you in advance

Edit: I just want to say that I did my best to figure this out by myself but I am just too scared to underpower or overpower my electronics.
And I don't know why I wrove v1 receiver but its V2 and I am pretty sure It can do SPPM
Last edited by svenvwier; Mar 01, 2016 at 09:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 02, 2016, 05:45 AM
Looks ok, but take care of the following:

- Use a separated 5v bec for servos, don't power it using APM power module.
- What are the "nav lights" conected to apm?
Mar 02, 2016, 05:54 AM
Svenvwier
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbelo
Looks ok, but take care of the following:

- Use a separated 5v bec for servos, don't power it using APM power module.
- What are the "nav lights" conected to apm?
Thanks for the input, I will use a bec then!
The nav lights are the navigation lights I want to put in, they plug into a module that makes sure they flash and stuff, then that module is plugged into the receiver for the power(and to switch flash modes) but because I want to use SPPM I don't think I can plug it into the receiver so I have to plug it into the APM.
Jun 21, 2017, 10:57 AM
Hello

I am also trying to setup my apm 2.8 on an ASW28.

I find your settings according to the diagram very helpful.

I would like to know how you connect the second bec .

I also find problems setting up the power module. I cannot get the indices for the mah consumed. (Current)

Thank you in advance
Last edited by trikimias; Jun 21, 2017 at 11:06 AM.

Quick Reply