Mar 01, 2016, 04:07 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

High Quality FPV racing components

Looking for the best FPV components for my racing and acro quads.

I am currently using HS1177 camera's and the vtx 's are TBS unify pro, set to 200mw in most of my quads. Goggles are FS HD2's with Nextwave 5.8 and FS Dom v3 with TBS Dom RX. I do have some quads with Flysight and Aomway 200mw vtx's, but didn't test them at distance yet.

I just bought a RHCP and LHCP VAS crosshair to get better video reception for my FPV quads. Bought them also so I don't cross paths with the person I fly with sometimes.

Reception seems to be worse using the VAS crosshair than a Spironet antenna(definitely worse side to side and behind, but that is expected). Picture is ok up to about 90 meters, after that I get blackout in and out with the crosshair. I get maybe 25-30 extra meters with the Spironets. I tested 3 different quads that all have the same FPV setup and results were the same. Flying in an open park but there are power lines 200 meters away on one side.

I have tried to distance the transmitter receivers away from the FPV vtx's if possible and have filters for power isolation.

What's a good/ average distance people are getting with their racing FPV setups, along with components?
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply