Feb 29, 2016, 06:41 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

bee-tween or Q-tee or S-tee

Hi Guys!
i NEED to start another building.....
so, what do you think i will go..... i had build a Q-tee two year ago and was a really really nice plane to fly. but i sold it.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 29, 2016, 08:42 PM
What is the problem. I don't see one. Why not build all three if you are having a hard time deciding?
Feb 29, 2016, 08:44 PM
All kidding aside, I have not flown neither of them, but have heard they are all good fliers. I, myself, am a creature of habit and if I had one I liked before, I would build another.
Feb 29, 2016, 10:37 PM
Barnwell, SC
They all fly well but the Bee-tween has a lot of "cute" going for it. I still have the pull-out plan from the magazine. "Someday"
Mar 02, 2016, 08:03 PM
At the speed you build Rodrigo, you could knock off all three in a week!
Gary
Mar 03, 2016, 07:40 AM
S-tee, S-tee! With throttle.
Mar 03, 2016, 09:24 AM
Nitro User
You could build up the top up front make it appear to be more of a mid wing.
Last edited by 1/2A Nut; Mar 03, 2016 at 09:34 AM.
Mar 03, 2016, 11:02 PM
Thread OP
AMP ABUSER!!!!

that little change makes a very big difference!!!

thanks!!!
Mar 04, 2016, 09:52 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfenn
They all fly well but the Bee-tween has a lot of "cute" going for it. I still have the pull-out plan from the magazine. "Someday"
My first plane was A BeeTween that my dad and I scaled up 1/8th and put an OS .10 on it. It was a really nice flying airplane. Definitely more personality than a Q-Tee, the S-Tee is pretty sporty but the airfoil on the BeeTween is better for sport aerobatics if memory serves me.
Apr 22, 2016, 03:25 PM
Pedro Salomón
Do you have beetween plans? for God sake share them with me, jeje i wanted to build such plane since years ago but no luck with plans.
Apr 22, 2016, 08:05 PM
Suspended Account
You can order them right off of Model Airplane News website. They were a pull out plan in one of their issues, really nicely done. I managed to build a successful model as my very first RC plane out of those plans. I almost made it thru the first flight. It figure "9"'d into the ground after the 3rd or 4th lap around the field when I froze on the elevator.
Apr 30, 2016, 08:03 AM
New at this whole life thing
I built an S-Tee right after Airtronics introduced it. Had a Black Widow in the nose and full size Cirrus radio gear. Even with the added weight of the 500mah ni-cads and huge servos/receiver it flew great. That thing had a very fast roll rate for a R/E bird.
May 01, 2016, 11:49 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrier81
Do you have beetween plans? for God sake share them with me, jeje i wanted to build such plane since years ago but no luck with plans.
hi Harrier, yes, i have the plans, send me an messege and i will share
May 03, 2016, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfenn
I too have that pull out plan, Model Airplane News I believe. I was thinking about it just a few days when I came across the plan while looking for something else. I think it be a perfect model for one of my Cox .049's.

Mike
May 08, 2016, 05:57 PM
I was putting away one of my airplanes today after doing some minor repair to it and I noticed my Q-Tee sitting there. My dad built it many years ago and I don't remember him ever flying it. Anyway when he went into the nursing home I acquired it and converted it to BL. I started thinking, I should put one of my Cox engines on it. Now just to decide which one. It'll probably be a Black Widow that I have since that would be the easiest although I have a throttled Medallion 051. It's the type with the exhaust throttle with the link to the carb. I've never run it, I picked it up on ebay a year ago.

I kinda like the idea of no throttle since my first attempts at RC (notice I said attempts!) before I wised up and joined a club, were with .049 stuff with no throttle. I'll probably go with the Black Widow.

Mike

Quick Reply