This thread is privately moderated by epoxyearl, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 29, 2016, 06:31 AM
Bellanca Kruesair
Thread OP
Discussion

The New Order of things

Well , guys are still flying. The Sky is still blue, and it's still 'up there'. -Not as high as it used to be, but it's still there.

Interestingly, there has been a marked decrease in 'drone incidents' since the FAA 's Registration began. I don't know if that's from there being less of them, or guys obeying the guidelines, or maybe no one's reporting them.

The guys that screamed the loudest that they would never register on penalty of death, have either left the hobby, stopped complaining, or as I believe, silently registered, and will continue to fly as usual.

My favorite Organization, the AMA ,has fallen silent as they realize there is little they can do in trying to 'control' the FAA. They tried, but if Congress can't write a Law that stops the FAA, it's useless to think the AMA can have much effect on them.
Latest blog entry: Ban Birds.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 29, 2016, 06:29 PM
Pronoun trouble...
I hear ya.

I swallowed my pride, dropped a five spot on a credit card and invested in an electronic label maker.

Too much time and effort invested to do much else and I enjoy what I do far too much. That includes the work I do for this very site.
Mar 03, 2016, 06:38 AM
Bellanca Kruesair
Thread OP
The AMA is still trying to console us, saying that they will try their best to get all this rescinded..

I'm a believer in facts...I would much rather have them say "Well fellers, we took the 'Bull' by the horns, and we have been successful in defeating all the changes the FAA tried to make permanent".

They've miraculously added 3,000 new members to this year's roster, but they can't 'give us a financial report, because they are being audited'. WTH ? Is there not a monthly statement of AMA's bank balances ? I get one for myself from my Bank, and I'm just, well, me !

This continual '"We're going to "- smacks of the Flying Models Magazine fiasco....eighteen months of "It's coming, it's coming", and still nothing.....There, even the 'bringer backer' isn't talking to us by issuing a statement of any sort.

In both cases, a simple "Folks, it ain't happening" would settle it.

In this month's AMA magalogue, there's a statement that says "fly by the AMA's well established rules", directly defying the FAA's guidelines on Altitude...Now, who's gonna be the first to defy THAT rule ? (Page 11, column 1, paragraph 4).Aahhhhh........
Latest blog entry: Ban Birds.
Mar 08, 2016, 01:31 PM
Old newb
Funny this altitude thing.

Our field is with in 5 miles of a major airport.

We have had a 400 foot ceiling for decades.

NO big deal.

Funny though, there are many times those self appointed guardians of the sky say someone is too high.

I had that happen and promptly flipped the altitude report switch on my trusty DX9.

It barked out my altitude.

They don't bother me anymore.....hee hee.....

Since our club is the largest AMA electric only club in the nation, I suspect the FAA will be be poking around....sigh.... The weekends are packed at our field (target rich environment some of us lament,) so I expect them any weekend now....

See us at http://www.sefsd.org

We'll see.

Quick Reply