This thread is privately moderated by Oneblueyedog, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 29, 2016, 12:18 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Commando rebuild to the sky

I was flying the Flash last week and a club member came up and said "Check out the clubhouse. There's a bunch of free stuff. Take what you'd like."

Large scale Minimoa, Oldtimer planes with motors, Baby Bowlus scale model, towline glider, Radios, field box and a plane called a Commando.

I picked the Commando because it looked interesting, as if maybe a son and dad had built it. I found the matching transmitter and snagged the field box.

Found out that the son had left everything for the club as his dad had passed away.

Well, this means only one thing for me to do. Get it airworthy and fly it up to the sky closer to the maker.

Hope he and the Almighty get a kick out of the process.

I'm going to strip it all down and make a few mods. I'll also remake it lighter.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2016, 12:43 PM

Commando

I have built and flown 3 different size Commandos. An easy build. Flown with glow diesel and E power. The first full size from the plans and orange in color. Later a reduced size yellow in color. And a scaled up red one built by someone else from a Klarich short kit. The first orange one built in the 1990's started with E power and various electric motors over the years. Later glow and diesel with Enya 1cc (.06) engines. The scaled down version just E power with small geared Astro .010 motor. The larger one with E power and 15 diesel. Some photos. Jack
Mar 08, 2016, 01:11 PM

Commando R/C

More photos. Jack

Quick Reply