Feb 28, 2016, 07:58 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Careful!

Corporations Like To Control Speech

Facebook, Twitter, and MSNBC all have a thing about free speech. They don't seem to like it very much.

There are countless news articles about how Facebook aka Mark Zuckerberg, and Twitter are censoring political speech they don't like.

Now, news outlet MSNBC has "parted ways" with one of their host's because of her remarks about the network. Personal opinions are not welcome, it appears. But, isn't the authoritarian left supportive of free speech?

--------------------

MSNBC has severed ties with Melissa Harris-Perry after the host sent a critical email. Here's what happened between the network and the show

host. (Monica Akhtar/The Washington Post)
By Paul Farhi February 28 at 11:29 AM

"MSNBC has parted ways with host Melissa Harris-Perry after she complained about preemptions of her weekend program and implied that there was a racial aspect to the cable-news network’s treatment, insiders at MSNBC said.

Harris-Perry refused to appear on her program Saturday morning, telling her co-workers in an email that she felt “worthless” to the NBC-owned network. “I will not be used as a tool for their purposes,” wrote Harris-Perry, who is African American. “I am not a token, mammy or little brown bobble head. I am not owned by [NBC executives] or MSNBC. I love our show. I want it back.”"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...3e8_story.html
Feb 28, 2016, 08:21 PM
You're probably crushed.....I know how much you liked her show.....
Feb 28, 2016, 08:25 PM
Fier Membre des Deplorables
That network employs plenty of rabid racists, they can lose one and still be a festering cesspool of Leftist groupthink.
Feb 28, 2016, 09:11 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
MSNBC- Mostly Starving Nerdy Communists
Feb 28, 2016, 09:19 PM
Seems like a "nice" grouping of liberal leaning organizations...
Feb 28, 2016, 09:29 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kf2qd View Post
Seems like a "nice" grouping of liberal leaning organizations...
True! I think they are so crazy liberal, they should be described as churches of liberal extremism.
Feb 28, 2016, 10:15 PM
Closed Account
Someone else who likes to control speech:

Donald Trump.
Quote:
"One of the things I'm going to do if I win... I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money," Trump said during a rally in Fort Worth, Texas.

"We're going to open up those libel laws so when The New York Times writes a hit piece, which is a total disgrace, or when the Washington Post, which is there for other reasons, writes a hit piece, we can sue them and win money instead of having no chance of winning because they're totally protected," he said. "We're going to open up libel laws and we're going to have people sue you like you've never got sued before."
http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/26/medi...mp-libel-laws/
Feb 29, 2016, 12:02 AM
whiirrrrrr
Trump wants to silence free speech. Amazing how blind you would have to be to support someone who does exactly what you are bitching about. Stockholm Syndrome?
Feb 29, 2016, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8madness View Post
Trump wants to silence free speech. Amazing how blind you would have to be to support someone who does exactly what you are bitching about. Stockholm Syndrome?
Mercy....whats next, whats next, whats next....
Feb 29, 2016, 03:04 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by yort69 View Post
mercy....whats next, whats next, whats next....

hehe!
Feb 29, 2016, 03:21 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8madness View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yort69 View Post
Mercy....whats next, whats next, whats next....
They came for the Clinton haters, but I was not one and so said nothing. Then they came for the Cruz haters, but I was not one and so said nothing.

What's next? Trump is coming for you.
Feb 29, 2016, 03:27 PM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyl View Post

Facebook, Twitter, and MSNBC all have a thing about free speech. They don't seem to like it very much.

There are countless news articles about how Facebook aka Mark Zuckerberg, and Twitter are censoring political speech they don't like.

Now, news outlet MSNBC has "parted ways" with one of their host's because of her remarks about the network. Personal opinions are not welcome, it appears. But, isn't the authoritarian left supportive of free speech?

--------------------

MSNBC has severed ties with Melissa Harris-Perry after the host sent a critical email. Here's what happened between the network and the show

host. (Monica Akhtar/The Washington Post)
By Paul Farhi February 28 at 11:29 AM

"MSNBC has parted ways with host Melissa Harris-Perry after she complained about preemptions of her weekend program and implied that there was a racial aspect to the cable-news network’s treatment, insiders at MSNBC said.

Harris-Perry refused to appear on her program Saturday morning, telling her co-workers in an email that she felt “worthless” to the NBC-owned network. “I will not be used as a tool for their purposes,” wrote Harris-Perry, who is African American. “I am not a token, mammy or little brown bobble head. I am not owned by [NBC executives] or MSNBC. I love our show. I want it back.”"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...3e8_story.html
Nothing new, they will do whatever they can get away with to make more money, if posts put people off using the service they will stop those that are posting the offending posts.

Are you against capitalism?

Do you think Governments should control Private industry?

You are sounding like a Commie.

Quick Reply