Jan 29, 2002, 01:12 AM
Thread OP
Question

pre-production twin IPS

GWS4CEO-- I contacted your office for a pre-production motor as offered here by yourself and was simply advised by Yolanda to wait until full production and see if my distributor gets them in ?
Are they available or not from you -- you say one thing Yolanda another?
A confused Aussie (copy of reply attached)

Dear Mr. Willson,

Thank you for your email dated Jan. 27.

Basically, Mr. Lin would like you to purchase the IPS twin motor from the hobby shop near you. However, if the distributor dose not purchase the products in your country when the products are already under mass production then we could sell them to you directly until the distributor places the order.

Thank you for your support on GWS products.

P.S. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT OUR OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED FROM FEB. 7, 2002 TO FEB. 18, 2002 FOR THE LUNAR CHINESE NEW YEAR. WE WILL RESUME THE OPERATION ON FEB. 19, 2002 (TUESDAY).

Best Regards
Yolanda Wang/Secretary
Grand Wing Servo-Tech Co., Ltd.
4F., No. 183, Ta-Tung Rd., Sec. 1,
Shi-Chih City, Taipei 221,
Taiwan
to remove ads between posts
Jan 29, 2002, 01:32 AM
Heli Bouncer
Aussie!!

Thanks for attempting to get this. I was waffling about the drive myself and have now decided to graft a Goldmine 4046 onto a dead DX-A. I'm a little baffled about Mr. Lins post to my thread about this drive, knowing how and who will be distributing these makes my decision clearer

Think about it, 4046 with an 8X6 prop on 6 cells in a nine ounce aerobat. Ten ounces of thrust. The 4046 has twice the through put, weighs the same, fits a bunch of other drives including Mr. Lins EPS systems, and if a motor burns out I've got twenty more.

Sorry for the crow but I'm feeling like becoming the Oregon "smokenater" of IPS motors
Jan 29, 2002, 01:34 AM
Thread OP
got some 4046's on the way myself
thanks to Omar as usual
Jan 29, 2002, 01:35 AM
I'm with you Looooeeeee. I plan on doing the exact same thing with my 4046's. My options with that motor is to throw it in an mpjet or use a DX-A gearbox. Did you use a pinion from a GWS motor or did you use another? I question my skills at pulling off a pinion
Jan 29, 2002, 01:46 AM
Heli Bouncer
Well...

They're not yet here..but I did manage to almost not mangle the pinion of of my second dearly departed. The magnet was ruined and I just pried the endbell off gonzo style and supported the can edge over an old large B-bearian and used a tiny drift to punch the shaft free. I've drilled the pinion out to 1/16" and am getting a 5/ 64" drill tomorrow.

Hopefully these Johnson motors live up to the post's in Modelling Science.

Looee
Jan 29, 2002, 01:51 AM
Thread OP
A while ago Bleriot mentioned he found a little gear puller for just this thing-- does the 4046 shaft accept std GWS pinions -- not that I have any to waste lol they are still on my geriatric drives that wont die
would be most interested in this puller if anyone can source one?
Jan 29, 2002, 01:57 AM
Heli Bouncer
Not the IPS pinions, they're 1.5 mil, the Johnson takes 2 mil
and a 5/64 drill gets the pinion to just the right size for a press fit, I'm informed.

Looee
Jan 29, 2002, 01:57 AM
high-speed freak
cloud 9 has them, custom made by tim notti (see rcmicroflight). the guys a retired jewlry repairman/craftsman with steady hands and good eyes... he's even willing to make pinion pullers for pager motors...
Jan 29, 2002, 02:45 AM
HIYA Aussie !!Been using the Notti puller......dont even! Unless I am stopped soon all my DXA's are gonna be DD! Thing is 1.5mm shaft only no 2mm. Slick. Best Regards
Feb 04, 2002, 02:36 AM
Thread OP
well--no reply from GWS?

Quick Reply