Feb 28, 2016, 10:54 AM
Thread OP
Help!

I need some advice with my build - drone wants to flip when taking off

Hi

I believe this is my second post. After searching up and down I just cannot figure out what is the problem and I need some advice.

This is my build
Tarot 680 pro frame
T-motor 4010 475 kv
T-motor 12x4L props
T-motor air 20A ESCs
Naza-M V2 and all the standard stuff with it, GPS etc
4S battery

I have rebuilt this hex a few times by now with a lot of patience, focusing on the right props in the right direction, calibrating the motors, the compass, I have done everything that I could think off. Still my bird for some reason wants to flip in one direction or the other, not consistent. In GPS or Atti mode it seems that the motors do not want to speed up that much to be able to lift off while in manual mode it wants to flip and I am able to throttle the motors gradually.

I have used the same motors on a 650 Sport with 16 props and I had no issues. My guess somewhere I have miscalculated something.

Edit: I could take off once by carefully adjusting the aileron.

Edit 2: I seriously hate the arms of 680 pro frame, I have no idea how much time I have spent making sure that the props and the motors are horizontal but it seems still not right,

What is wrong do I need 13 inch props and/or higher KV motors? I have all sorts of questions but I cannot find the answer.

All help is much appreciated.
Last edited by ErvinB; Feb 28, 2016 at 11:03 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 28, 2016, 11:00 AM
Did you check that all the moors are wired to spin in the proper direction? You said that you checked props but failed to state if you had the motor wires correct? Im unfamiliar with dji stuff but could be a software thing?
Feb 28, 2016, 11:03 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by windance
Did you check that all the moors are wired to spin in the proper direction? You said that you checked props but failed to state if you had the motor wires correct? Im unfamiliar with dji stuff but could be a software thing?
Yes I did. It might be maybe that I need to recalibrate the ESCs with a higher speed?
Feb 28, 2016, 11:07 AM
Thread OP
Another question it seems that I need higher voltage for these props according to this link http://www.rctigermotor.com/html/201...r_0910/38.html

What does that mean in terms of ESC/battery?
Feb 28, 2016, 11:08 AM
I have never had a problem with esc calibration, I usually calibrate them one by one while setting things up and then do them all again in software.
Feb 28, 2016, 11:14 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by windance
I have never had a problem with esc calibration, I usually calibrate them one by one while setting things up and then do them all again in software.
Yes but could it be the cause of my flipping issue?
Feb 28, 2016, 12:04 PM
Honestly it's hard to tell. Could be a bad esc. You'll have to eliminate things 1 by 1. Do you have another flight controller you could try? And make absolutely sure your motors are going the right direction. Props off of course.
Feb 28, 2016, 12:12 PM
Just thought of something, could be a bad motor also.
Feb 28, 2016, 12:15 PM
Thread OP
I was a dumb*** the x3 connector from the PMU was in the wrong place. Now GPS works and it takes off, just very wobbly professionally speaking. Thanks for pointing out the software issue I went through all the pages and settings in NAZA assistant that is when I have figured out the problem when I could not change the voltage settings.

I have also increased the timing. Maybe that.
Feb 28, 2016, 03:36 PM
Glad you figured it out, now you just need to tune her to rock solid
Feb 28, 2016, 03:48 PM
Be aware that your motors pull 30amps continuous and your ESCs only supply 20amps continuous/30 peak so I wouldn't go full throttle on that rig for too long.

Quick Reply