Feb 28, 2016, 05:25 AM
sputnikfpv.com
Thread OP
New Product

TINY PDB - smart solution for AfroMini 32 rev. 3 flight controller

Hi guys,

let me introduce our Pover Distribution Board for AfroMini 32 rev. 3 flight controller (http://sputnikfpv.com/product/tiny-p...ht-controller/).

We designed TINY PDB to combine AfroMini 32 rev. 3 flight controller, Micro MinimOSD, and 5V 1A Pololu Step-Down Regulator in one tiny place (53.5 x 16.6 x 10 mm fully assembled).

TINY PDB was an ideal solutition for our SPUTNIK SP117 micro racing drone (https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2589976)
and we hope, it will be great for your builds too.

Step-by-step Instruction manual

We offer free shippig worldwide for TINY PDB.

And here is a step-by-step building guide:

Ive started with our trusted TINY PDB - core thing of this slim designed drone.

Ive soldered wire for battery voltage monitoring to PDB pad called VBAT, red (positive) wire for buzzer to 5V BUZZ pad and wires for VTx to VTX. Here is a bottom view

and here is a top. Pay your attention on long white wire in VTx connector. Its an audio input for VTx. Its optional. You should solder this wire directly to camera audio output.

Ive used this micro PPM Rx from HK. Heat shrink removed and wires replaced with thinner once.

Ive soldered Rx wires to RX PDB pads. Red to 5V, black to GND and orange to PPM.

Next, Ive soldered 3 header pins for Pololu step-down voltage regulator to POLOLU PDB pads.

OSD time now!
Ive flashed and programmed my Micro MinimOSD as usual. I will have no chance to do this after soldering OSD in place. Its very important.

Ive slightly decreased height of plastic standoff with a file for better OSD fitting, as shown on picture

VBAT wire was inserted in to the OSD DTR hole and

and OSD was soldered with straight and angled header pins to PDB from top and bottom. Nice!

Flight controller time!
Ive covered some contact pads on FC with my trusted favorite black isolation tape.

Header pins was inserted in to the PDB holes, called FC PINS.

Ive placed FC on the top of OSD

cut header pins as close to FC as possible with side cutters, and soldered header pins to FC and PDB.

Also, Ive soldered wire for battery voltage monitoring to FC VBAT pad, and black, negative, wire for buzzer connection to BUZ pad.

FTDI header pins was soldered to FTDI PDB pads.

Ive soldered Pololu to header pins on PDB bottom side.

Job done guys! Look how thin this sandwich are! Fantastic!
Last edited by a0137; Jun 15, 2016 at 04:14 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 28, 2016, 06:40 AM
thank god I'm an atheist
looks interesting, I like the PDB's you have - going to consider ordering as long as shipping is not going to kill the fun
Mar 03, 2016, 10:50 PM
MODDED MICRO MULTIS FPV
Just got mine. Looks promising. Got it in about two weeks.
Mar 06, 2016, 12:00 PM
Anyone know where this company ships from?
Mar 06, 2016, 12:22 PM
sputnikfpv.com
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrew
Anyone know where this company ships from?
now we ships from moscow, russia

from the end of march we'll start ships from our stock in china
Mar 06, 2016, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a0137
now we ships from moscow, russia

from the end of march we'll start ships from our stock in china
I am glad I asked. No where on your website could I find where your located... No offence but I like to at least know that its going to be a slow boat wait if I am ordering parts from abroad. Perhaps you can find a willing party in the US to ship your American orders from.
I really like your idea! I would be interested in trying it out....
Thank you for this innovative...
Mar 30, 2016, 11:53 PM
Could you please let me know what the physical dimensions of this product are? It would be very helpful for a quad I am thinking of making. Thanks, this is a really neat design you have.
Apr 01, 2016, 08:18 AM
thank god I'm an atheist
bought a couple boards, lets see
Apr 09, 2016, 11:38 PM
Team Warpsquad!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonjr
Could you please let me know what the physical dimensions of this product are? It would be very helpful for a quad I am thinking of making. Thanks, this is a really neat design you have.
He has the dimensions in the "step by step build file" linked in the first post.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Jun 03, 2016, 03:02 AM
sputnikfpv.com
Thread OP
Here is step-by-step photo guide
Jul 30, 2016, 12:58 PM
Anyone have problems connecting their afromini to any sort of gui? I have tried baseflight betaflight and cleanflight and it says it opened the connection but then it never connects. I tried swapping the rx tx on the ftdi and I have tried using 3.3v instead of 5v and I made sure I had the correct drivers it just won't connect. All my other full size naze connect no problem. It's pretty frustrating
Jul 30, 2016, 11:10 PM
I got it figured out. Played around with the ftdi and it ended up working. Got betaflight 2.9 on it using the betaflight gui

Quick Reply