selection. What motor would work best in this bird. I have batteries
to run 6 to 12s.

Specifications:

WING SPAN:74"(1880mm)
LENGTH:72"(1833mm)
WING AREA:1017sq in(65.6sq dm)
FLYING WEIGHT: 10-11.5lbs(4.5-5.2Kg)
CG: 115mm
Glow:.91-1.20(2C) 1.10-1.40(4C)(not included)
Gasoline:26-38cc gas DLE30 DLE35 (not included)

Electric Power (not included):

KUZA EXM 5420 185KV with 12S 3300-4000mAh 18x10 prop
KUZA EXM 5420 280KV with 8S 3700-4400mAh 18x10 prop
DUSKY XM6350EA-12 with 8S 3700-4400mAh 18x10 prop
Or other 1800-2000Watt electric motor
ESC:80-100A

RADIO:4CH/5-6S (not included)

Features:

All carbon construction: Carbon reinforced fuselage and landing gear mount, carbon reinforced wings, carbon landing gear.
Control services is larger than Previous versions. Up to 60 degrees of throw on all control surfaces. Best for more vibrant aerobatic flight.
Strong Light Weight Construction
Professional designed for 3D and precision aerobatics
Complete hardware included
Removable wings and stabs
All control horns included
Laser cut engine mounting templates
Canister room ready for different size canister.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 27, 2016, 06:55 PM
Ronaldo Nogueira
I have the same plane still in the box for about a year. I have also all the electronics too but need to join a club first as it is too big for my current flying site.
My setup will be a EMP6364 230kV on 10S 3300mAh 45C. On 12S you'll need a motor around 190kV.
Search for 30cc electric conversion or take a look at this thread if you plan to go with the optimum setup for insane power. All the power system experts are there.
Looking forward to see your build log
Ronaldo
Feb 27, 2016, 07:23 PM
hay there, check out the power systems thread. the 1017 sq inch wing airya will be nice if you buld on the light end of 12 s setup. motrofly 4030 225kv and 20 8 prop is consensus for 12s 420v lipo. (550g motor). 3300mah packs at around 1000g is what most people seem to like. this will get you rad puch out of hover. about 3000w and 6ish min flights are preffered.... the 18 inch prop recomendations are.... well i have never read of somebody using a e system for a 11 lbs plane.

the 72 inch fuse and removable stab usualy make a plane that is above 11 pounds... this is pushing the 1017sq wing airya. it should be a big sky king but it may not be that floaty of forgiving post stall. SFG will help in my vue. i wonder if you can build it with one elivator servo? what about using high end mini servos for the elivator halfs? pull pull rudder would be the way to go with a light power system up front. (3 standered servos in the tail is would be too mutch as this is a slightly longer than normal plane) build light and don't ad bling( wheel pants, spiner or powersafe recever with extra batterys) try to use speed controle with internal bec and und get scorpain backup gard for redudency.
for motor stand off, save grams by using a wood box or hardwood dowls (4mm through bolt ) rather than aluminum ones. light wheels might help too.

the trend for the cheeper motors (hobbyking, talcon) is they work but the efficiency is down once the real testing data gets posted, and ,the ones used with sucsess on 12s are above the 550-600g mark that will be kind to your wing loading.

check out the best calculator for powersystems and cubick wing loading.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2319003

if you want fast high energy action you can trade the puch out of the consensus 20 8 for a lower kv motor and steeper prop. have fun and let me know how it goes!
Apr 02, 2016, 05:48 PM
I finally found some time for play and managed to get some work done. Overall impressionsof the kit is good. I also had a Goldwing Yak55 in the same size and construction appears to be the same. Yak has over 200 flights on it and staying together.

The one problem I did have was the elevator haves were not hinged properly. Slots were cut aprx 1/16 below the center of the triangle stock. I had to enlarge the slot and glue 1/64 and 1/32 ply wood shims to the hinges to match up with the center line of the elevator hinge line.

Overall covering job is okay. Paint on the cowl was not the best job but is okay for what I paid. The paint also tends to flake off if you have to cut or sand a opening. Be careful!

I was going to go electric but switch back to gas. Installed OS 33 cc
motor with canister. Very good results with this motor! 18/8 Zoar prop and it never misses a beat!

Few pictures of the build. I know this is electric thread but I wanted to share the build to show quality of the kit. I plan on ordering another one and go electric so I can compare glow vs electric.
Last edited by goforit; Apr 02, 2016 at 08:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Feb 11, 2017, 10:37 AM
Could you please share the CG?
Feb 11, 2017, 12:18 PM
Ronaldo Nogueira
From my experience with Skyline kits the CG shown on the manual will get your plane nose heavy. You may start there safely and adjust to your liking later.
I should maiden mine next weekend if everything goes as planned. I still need to install elevator servos, ESC (arrived yesterday) and rewind the motor as I decided to run it on 12S instead of 10S
Ronaldo
Jun 05, 2017, 09:51 AM
I need help finding the instruction manual for the Skyline Corvus 30CC 74 '' / 1880mm 3D Aerobatic RC Airplane ARF Carbon Reinforced Version 2. I tried to contact General Hobby to get the manual but they never answered me. Thanks for the help
Jun 05, 2017, 09:58 AM
Skyline Corvus 30CC 74''/1880mm 3D Aerobatic RC Airplane ARF Carbon Reinforced Version 2
Jun 05, 2017, 05:56 PM
Ronaldo Nogueira
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbadillo
I need help finding the instruction manual for the Skyline Corvus 30CC 74 '' / 1880mm 3D Aerobatic RC Airplane ARF Carbon Reinforced Version 2. I tried to contact General Hobby to get the manual but they never answered me. Thanks for the help
Normally these manuals are useless and if you have built one or two ARFs you don't need them. In case you want to have a look I uploaded the Skyline 30cc Manual on my google drive.

I have this plane (actually only the structure now) and I can help you with the build if you want (took lots of pictures during the build). The neutral CG is at the center of the wing tube if you fly 3D.
I didn't like its flying characteristics so I removed the electronics and installed on a HK Sbach 30cc which I'll maiden next weekend. Maybe I'll try it again in the future.
Ronaldo

Here is the 8th flight with it, still needing to complete KE mixing, etc but impossible in a very windy day. I put around 25 flights before giving up on the plane.
Things to keep in mind:
SFGs are too fragile and will break easily on the first high energy maneuver.
Covering film (yellow mainly) will peel off in flight eventually.
GOPR0479 (5 min 29 sec)

Quick Reply