This thread is privately moderated by cubcrafter60, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 26, 2016, 05:13 PM
Wada ya mean, over engineered?
Thread OP
Discussion

Fernley HS STEM Festival

Had the opportunity to participate in the Fernley High School STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) Festival with the High Desert Radio Control club. The event was similar to what we did at the Discovery museum with one exception, we had a night fly! We had a great turn out for the static displays, a RC sim setup on a large monitor and another monitor with a video loop with "Know before you fly" messages. We answered several children's and parents questions and invited them out to the field to an upcoming event and to give it a try on one of the club trainers (with a buddy box). John (our club secretary/treasurer) did a great job organizing the event and we had the support of several club members as well. This was the first time I had a chance to see RC night flying and thanks to Fred (and his Radian) I got a chance to fly in the dark for the first time as well! Now to get some LED's on order ...
Last edited by cubcrafter60; Feb 26, 2016 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Added captions
to remove ads between posts
Mar 10, 2016, 10:46 PM
Tree hopper
You going to try some night flying??
Mar 10, 2016, 11:23 PM
Thread OP
MOST DEFINITELY! I was thinking of trying it on a Popwing, didn't you have one set up for a night flyer?
Mar 10, 2016, 11:33 PM
Tree hopper
It's lots of fun ! About the only time I get to fly in the summer... Haven't flown since I maiden the yak attack, been working, or weather hasn't permitted on the days off...

All doing good hear, hope ya'll are.
Mar 11, 2016, 12:25 AM
Thread OP
I'll give you a shout tomorrow if you're going to be around, was going to call this evening but at 7:30 I figured it might be a little late to call.
Mar 11, 2016, 12:31 AM
Tree hopper
Been finishing a loading bench in shop....
Mar 11, 2016, 12:36 AM
Thread OP
Saw the photo's - it's looking really nice, I'd be afraid to do any work on it!
Mar 11, 2016, 12:38 AM
Tree hopper
only wood... can be fixed or burnt and start over..

Like what ya'll did at the school. Wish our's had a "program" like that.

Quick Reply