Hitec Energy Propel Integrated Power Systems

Hitec has some new motors for multirotor pilots that will make for some super clean installs. The new Energy Propel Motors have built-in speed controllers that you can barely tell are there...

Splash

Clean and Convenient Power Setups

Hitec has some new motors for multirotor pilots that will make for super clean installs. The new Energy Propel Motors have built-in speed controllers that you can barely tell are there. The ESC's are programmable and come flashed with BLHeli firmware so you can use OneShot on your flight board. These are a great way to save space in your build and reduce soldering time allowing you to get in the air faster.

The 18 to 22 size motors come in clockwise and counterclockwise rotation versions and range in price from $33.99 to $43.99. The 35 and 41 size motors feature a reversing switch on the motor to select the rotation. They run $79.99. All motors are backed by Hitec's one year warranty. These haven't made it to the Hitec website yet, but they should be up on the site soon.

Feb 26, 2016, 10:57 AM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Wow! Thats great to see. If they work as good as they look, we're in business.
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Feb 26, 2016, 11:26 AM
Pronoun trouble...
I'll say! In fact, I have a new, disassembled Armattan frame which would be a perfect test bed.

Any word if there are reviewers lined up?

Scratch that: Just sent you a PM, Jason.
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Feb 26, 2016 at 11:47 AM.
Feb 26, 2016, 12:02 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Just got the OK to proceed with obtaining review samples! Emails have been sent and I hope to review these motors soon.
Feb 26, 2016, 01:21 PM
a) Why does the 2204 combo weigh less than the 1806? Strange.
b) These are rebranded ZTW combos, correct?
Feb 26, 2016, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unitedheavy
b) These are rebranded ZTW combos, correct?
That's what I was thinking; they look exactly like ZTW black widows.
Feb 26, 2016, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unitedheavy
a) Why does the 2204 combo weigh less than the 1806? Strange.
Lower overall wattage limit?
Feb 26, 2016, 03:37 PM
If these are rebadged ZTWs, the pricing is a joke.

As an example, the 35XX ZTWs run sub $60 from a us retailer (buddyRC): http://www.buddyrc.com/ztw-black-wid...-esc-1949.html

Hobbyking has them for even cheaper: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...SC_CW_CCW.html

If these are to be taken serious, please tell us why these are better then their apparently identical ZTWs.
Feb 26, 2016, 04:23 PM
Fully Sending It
As is with all of our products, we offer our full support for them (which includes forum support) and include a one year warranty with them. We have had them manufactured to our specs.
Feb 26, 2016, 11:54 PM
If the ESC burns, then, need to replace the motor together, right? Or it can be replace by separately?
Feb 27, 2016, 05:44 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Just as a heads-up, I'll indeed be flying an Armattan CF 258 frame with these motors when everything comes together. Nice, simple, great flying base for a sport quad.
Feb 27, 2016, 09:06 PM
I did notice that there was no branding other than Team Ocuair, so for opportunists, get the product endorsed.
Feb 29, 2016, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
As is with all of our products, we offer our full support for them (which includes forum support) and include a one year warranty with them. We have had them manufactured to our specs.
How well will they be balanced- out of the box?
Feb 29, 2016, 06:05 PM
Semper Fi
Waiting for a head to head review with the ZTW Blackwidow
Feb 29, 2016, 07:15 PM
Fully Sending It
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbreznai
How well will they be balanced- out of the box?
These motors should be ready to bolt onto your multi and go with minimal setup required. There is even talk about using them in some foamies too

Quick Reply