Feb 25, 2016, 04:55 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Hey Gearbest! Welcome back, Happy New Year! ... and a request thread!

What's cookin', Guys?
Last edited by LittleFish; Mar 16, 2016 at 07:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 29, 2016, 04:11 PM
Embargo lifted.
yea what's up Gearbest???
Mar 12, 2016, 04:13 PM
Thread OP
So, anyway, I was thinking "I wonder if Gearbest could put on another $10 super special for the Floureon H101?"

Yeah, I was thinking that. Maybe if it's easier to do, the special where you can get 5 extra batteries and the whole thing cost $20. That works for me.

Anyone else looking to Gearbest to get their lifetime supply purchases of the little Floureon red copter?
Mar 12, 2016, 04:51 PM
Count me in for at least a couple if the price is good.
Mar 12, 2016, 05:31 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
A BnF for 7.50 or so, might grab my attention, don't need more H101 transmitters.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Mar 12, 2016, 06:18 PM
Thread OP
I bought 5 last time. I'd buy 10 more. That's not really enough for a lifetime supply, but at least good for a couple of years.
Mar 12, 2016, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
A BnF for 7.50 or so, might grab my attention, don't need more H101 transmitters.
I agree 100% ! Sucks paying for multiple transmitters. Except I don't need ANY h101 transmitters, taranis + NRF module or bust
Mar 12, 2016, 06:25 PM
Thread OP
But the BNF price probably can't go lower than that $10 RTF price on super special. And no battery, extra props, landing pads. Just not worth BNF on the lowest pricing level. It's counter-productive actually. What price lower than $10 could you possibly want, to make it worth getting that BNF with nothing, over an RTF that comes with a transmitter you don't need?

RTF for $10 vs BNF for $7.50. Not much difference. I'd go for RTF.
It's worth $2.50 for battery, props, landing pads. Plus, to make the deal as easy as possible to do, that would be what I'm angling for. I don't want to make it harder or more work or more complex Yes, I'd go for cheap BNF, but I figure that it wouldn't go like that - it wouldn't be priced at $7.50. That's why I'm coming at it from a different angle.

Not only that...but this quad is worth buying for gifts. That makes BNF definitely not as good an option as a super special RTF is.
Last edited by LittleFish; Mar 12, 2016 at 06:43 PM.
Mar 12, 2016, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFish
But the BNF price probably can't go lower than that $10 RTF price on super special. And no battery, extra props, landing pads. Just not worth BNF on the lowest pricing level. It's counter-productive actually. What price lower than $10 could you possibly want, to make it worth getting that BNF with nothing, over an RTF that comes with a transmitter you don't need?
I agree, I would pay $2.50 for props and a battery. It will never be less than $10.
I don't think $7.50 is realistic although it can't cost more than a couple dollars to produce these things, everyone touching these things along the way marks them up 100%
Mar 12, 2016, 06:37 PM
I was thinking BnF with battery and props, just no transmitter and no USB charger. Or 5 for just the bare quadcopter.
Mar 12, 2016, 06:47 PM
How do BNFs usually come? The ones I have received come with nothing just a quad in a box but I suppose it varies with the supplier and model.

Anytime I can grab a quad for less than $15 I usually get a few my grandchildren will use them if I don't.
Mar 13, 2016, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolcaferacer
How do BNFs usually come? The ones I have received come with nothing just a quad in a box but I suppose it varies with the supplier and model.

Anytime I can grab a quad for less than $15 I usually get a few my grandchildren will use them if I don't.

Depends on manufacturer. I got a BnF XK110 helicopter from BG, and it came with battery, spare blades, and if I remember well, even a USB charger. So basically the same package as the RTF, minus transmitter. I also in the past got a BnF Nine Eagles helicopter, and that was purely the bare heli, not even a battery.

Blade and other Horizon Hobby brands typically include at least a battery, so to make a first flight, all you need is a compatible transmitter with a free spot in model memory.
Mar 13, 2016, 09:36 AM
Thread OP
At $5 for a complete quad and nothing else, I'd be buying scores of them for sure. But even boards alone cost more than $5.
I think asking for something that is not so unlikely to happen, is better - in fact, asking for something that has already happened before, is what I'm going for in the pleadings dept.
Mar 13, 2016, 11:12 AM
I'd vote for 7.50 for quad with battery. Waste of the transmitters to bundle these with the 9,99 deal. They could use a smaller box, just like with the JJ1000 BnF.
Mar 13, 2016, 06:56 PM
Thread OP
I'll be ready to grab a bunch of whatever special Gearbest might offer, if they can once again do something super special for us with the H101.
I know of other rcgroups members who are also hoping for something to develop.

Quick Reply