Feb 24, 2017, 06:37 AM

Display screen longevity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky8
I'm looking for my next radio and was attracted by this but I'm put off by a few issues:

- Reports of firmware problems
- Resistive screen*
- Unsupportive manufacturer (Flysky)
- No voice support
- Closed-source firmware
- No module support

* For those that don't know, resistive screens are an older, cheaper touch-screen technology which uses a collection of very small bubbles and works by detecting compression of those bubbles. They wear out fairly quickly and the screen gradually becomes "non-linear" ( it gradually loses the ability to localize contact meaning you press one area of the screen and the screen thinks you've pressed another).
I am concerned that if this is true then how long before it packs up working and can it be replaced, how much to replace or do I have to scrap the Tx ? or should I purchase the Taranis X9D that includes a case.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2017, 07:08 AM
Rgtesegird Uesr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator1214388
I am concerned that if this is true then how long before it packs up working
There's no way of telling as it depends on how much it's used as well as the quality of the membrane. I had a SatNav which lasted about 2 years before becoming iffy, although to be honest it was a cheap unit and experienced significant use.

Your best bet would be to do a search on here and see if anyone has yet reported problems; specifically look to see if they report issues with presses not registering, registering intermittently or registering as being pressed somewhere else. If no one's yet had issues then you'll probably be fine for a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator1214388
or should I purchase the Taranis X9D that includes a case.
Personally I would favor the Taranis as it's a much more flexible and feature-rich radio and the link quality is considered about the most robust you can buy. But that said if you prefer simplicity, can live with the (potential) problems of the i10 as well as the lack of things like voice telemetry of remaining battery then give it a go. You can always buy a Taranis or a 9X / 9XR and add a Flysky module later.
Feb 27, 2017, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky8
There's no way of telling as it depends on how much it's used as well as the quality of the membrane. I had a SatNav which lasted about 2 years before becoming iffy, although to be honest it was a cheap unit and experienced significant use.

Your best bet would be to do a search on here and see if anyone has yet reported problems; specifically look to see if they report issues with presses not registering, registering intermittently or registering as being pressed somewhere else. If no one's yet had issues then you'll probably be fine for a few years.

Personally I would favor the Taranis as it's a much more flexible and feature-rich radio and the link quality is considered about the most robust you can buy. But that said if you prefer simplicity, can live with the (potential) problems of the i10 as well as the lack of things like voice telemetry of remaining battery then give it a go. You can always buy a Taranis or a 9X / 9XR and add a Flysky module later.
Thanks for you valued advice, I'm an occasional flyer so it looks like the i-10 is the ideal unit for price and spec'n. I do like the design.
Dec 25, 2017, 08:57 PM
I have TGY-i10 Tx and TGY iA10 Rx but I found a problem. I am using a pant-tilt camera platform on an electric FPV plane. At first I assigned two knobs of Tx to manually control pan ant tilt, and it works fine. After that I am trying to use a head tracking Hobby King Quanum 3-axis drift-free head tracker (https://hobbyking.com/es_es/quanum-3...d-tracker.html). According to Quanum head tracker´s manual it is required to select PPM receiver output on the Tx set up to connect Tx to the head tracker unit using Tx´s trainer port and cable. However, when I select PPM output on Tx´s set up menu as indicated by manufacturer connection is lost so is not possible to control the pan-tilt platform using the head-tracking unit. What can I doing wrong? Thanks for you help.
Jan 30, 2018, 07:21 AM

telemetry problems tgy ia6 rx

I have 2 of these receivers bound to a tgy i10 tx.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...-receiver.html

After successfully binding the rx's, one unit does not indicate the battery level of the rx. Although the servos would work, the telemetry featuresfor the battery level is not. The icon on the top rightmost corner of the i10 tx indicates rx disconnected. What could be the problem here? I followed the same procedures in binding both rx. The other rx works fine.

Thanks.
Jan 30, 2018, 09:41 AM
Bound in non-telemetry mode. Switch to afhds 2way.
Feb 05, 2018, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
Bound in non-telemetry mode. Switch to afhds 2way.
did that. I believe this particular rx is defective.

Quick Reply