Hubsan H502E & H502S, the first brushed mini with GPS and FPV - Page 5 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jul 26, 2016, 07:58 PM
Registered User
The H502S is great especially with the price going down. I think the novelty of a toy quad with a GPS is wearing off and I'm sure it will be the standard for toy quads next year. I hope Syma offers a GPS toy quad soon. I achieved 870 feet height and a distance of 1033 feet.
A couple of days ago I modified the transmitter to extend the height and distance. I'll test it in the next few days and let you know the results. Note: Please use rechargeable AA batteries or consider the Lipo battery mod. The transmitter eats batteries like candy. :-)

I modded the transmitter but the results are not so good. My distance is now only 650 feet and then apparently I lose the transmitter connection because it goes into return home mode. This weekend I will try a different 2.4GHz antenna.
Last edited by SeonS; Jul 28, 2016 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Added more information
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2016, 12:36 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assargadon1990
Hello. Suit whether these engines H502S? H107-A23(is from H107)
No, different voltage .
Jul 31, 2016, 05:55 PM
Registered User
Hello! Maybe you guys can help me. I just got an H502E from Banggood last week. It flies great. The videos and pictures taken by this quad is very poor. I use a Samsung EVO Plus 32GB Class10 micro SD card. I also tried a Sandisk 4GB Class 4 micro SD card is the same thing. Do I get a defective quad? Here is a video I posted in Youtube.com.
HUBSAN X4 Desire H502E; Poor Video. (1 min 18 sec)
Aug 01, 2016, 01:31 AM
Registered User
Hi all, I just bought a hubsan h502e for my girlfriend. But I noticed something strange. When I decrease throttle the quad just drops instead of a gentle decent. Is that normal? And could a stick calibration fix this? Tia for the help.

@bluerc26 the focus looks a bit off. This is worse than other videos I've seen. But no personal experience yet.
Aug 01, 2016, 01:38 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRC26
Hello! Maybe you guys can help me. I just got an H502E from Banggood last week. It flies great. The videos and pictures taken by this quad is very poor. I use a Samsung EVO Plus 32GB Class10 micro SD card. I also tried a Sandisk 4GB Class 4 micro SD card is the same thing. Do I get a defective quad? Here is a video I posted in Youtube.com. https://youtu.be/DCuhEs1F-64
No unfurtunatly it's normal .... Check my review: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4#post35066305

I thinl the wide lens can't handle well 2mpx and more res ...
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
Aug 01, 2016, 11:02 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeonS
The H502S is great especially with the price going down. I think the novelty of a toy quad with a GPS is wearing off and I'm sure it will be the standard for toy quads next year. I hope Syma offers a GPS toy quad soon. I achieved 870 feet height and a distance of 1033 feet.
A couple of days ago I modified the transmitter to extend the height and distance. I'll test it in the next few days and let you know the results. Note: Please use rechargeable AA batteries or consider the Lipo battery mod. The transmitter eats batteries like candy. :-)

I modded the transmitter but the results are not so good. My distance is now only 650 feet and then apparently I lose the transmitter connection because it goes into return home mode. This weekend I will try a different 2.4GHz antenna.
Where do I find info on the lipo battery mod for the transmitter?
It kills battery's so fast
Also has anyone got a larger mah battery in the quad ?
Aug 02, 2016, 07:33 AM
Registered User
small vid about Hubsan H502E
Hubsan X4 H502E 2.4GHz, 4Ch, 6 Axis, RC Quadcopter with GPS Altitude, Headless and 720P camera (RTF) (9 min 42 sec)
Aug 02, 2016, 06:02 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRC26
Hello! Maybe you guys can help me. I just got an H502E from Banggood last week. It flies great. The videos and pictures taken by this quad is very poor. I use a Samsung EVO Plus 32GB Class10 micro SD card. I also tried a Sandisk 4GB Class 4 micro SD card is the same thing. Do I get a defective quad? Here is a video I posted in Youtube.com. https://youtu.be/DCuhEs1F-64
I guess the focus of the camera is not good. On the H107C etc this kind of problem was common. Refocusing is explained on the H107C forum. Sometimes the quad cam is focusing too close and you can verify that by taking a video, holding the quad by hand without the engines running, and trying to figure in the video if there is a distance where the image is sharper. If the quad cam is focusing too far away everything get blurry but far away objects are a little less blurry. By the way this cam from Hubsan is ok but far to be perfect...
Aug 04, 2016, 07:04 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeonS
The H502S is great especially with the price going down. I think the novelty of a toy quad with a GPS is wearing off and I'm sure it will be the standard for toy quads next year. I hope Syma offers a GPS toy quad soon. I achieved 870 feet height and a distance of 1033 feet.
A couple of days ago I modified the transmitter to extend the height and distance. I'll test it in the next few days and let you know the results. Note: Please use rechargeable AA batteries or consider the Lipo battery mod. The transmitter eats batteries like candy. :-)

I modded the transmitter but the results are not so good. My distance is now only 650 feet and then apparently I lose the transmitter connection because it goes into return home mode. This weekend I will try a different 2.4GHz antenna.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCric
I guess the focus of the camera is not good. On the H107C etc this kind of problem was common. Refocusing is explained on the H107C forum. Sometimes the quad cam is focusing too close and you can verify that by taking a video, holding the quad by hand without the engines running, and trying to figure in the video if there is a distance where the image is sharper. If the quad cam is focusing too far away everything get blurry but far away objects are a little less blurry. By the way this cam from Hubsan is ok but far to be perfect...
The focus on this quad is being nearsighted. Anything further than 10 feet is a blur. I did another test.
Hubsan X4 H502E Camera Test (0 min 35 sec)
Aug 04, 2016, 02:21 PM
Registered User
1nspectorGadget's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
No unfurtunatly it's normal .... Check my review: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4#post35066305

I thinl the wide lens can't handle well 2mpx and more res ...
Ok, after seeing that footage I no longer want this one. The H501S is a bit more expensive, but I think I'll hold out for that one.
Aug 07, 2016, 08:29 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by willkhlau
No, different voltage .
thank you
Aug 07, 2016, 08:32 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRC26
Hello! Maybe you guys can help me. I just got an H502E from Banggood last week. It flies great. The videos and pictures taken by this quad is very poor.

Same here, both pics and video don't look like taken with a 720p video and 1080 photo camera. Also the color balance isn't quite right. Eachine E40G has much better camera, but no GPS.
Aug 08, 2016, 12:32 AM
Registered User
Just got H502E and I got the same camera quality issue (blurry-yellowish footage).
But I noticed some nice H502E footage on youtube (links below)

Flying a Hubsan H502e Indoors - Zero satellites (10 min 21 sec)


MOVI0012 Hubsan (3 min 27 sec)


As you noticed, their H502E cam have a nice focus, color reproduction and nice saturation.

I wonder if I can just refocus may camera lens, or just buy the new 808 #18 (1080p with Dlens) in Banggood, but I'm afraid if H502E can carry it well.

if anyone already tried refocusing the lens, please confirm if it helps (and post some sample footage too)

Thanks
Aug 08, 2016, 08:59 PM
Registered User

Focusing the Lens


Quote:
Originally Posted by burgudoy
Just got H502E and I got the same camera quality issue (blurry-yellowish footage).
But I noticed some nice H502E footage on youtube (links below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76A_lfITu7M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa0hK64sq78

As you noticed, their H502E cam have a nice focus, color reproduction and nice saturation.

I wonder if I can just refocus may camera lens, or just buy the new 808 #18 (1080p with Dlens) in Banggood, but I'm afraid if H502E can carry it well.

if anyone already tried refocusing the lens, please confirm if it helps (and post some sample footage too)

Thanks
If the Quad is an H502S if would be a lot easier to focus by using the FPV to do the adjustment. May have to do adjustments a little at a time. Compass adjustment would be trying. I don't think video recording works until you complete the process. I have to wonder if the Hubsan factory ever really align the lens.
Aug 08, 2016, 10:50 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRC26
If the Quad is an H502S if would be a lot easier to focus by using the FPV to do the adjustment. May have to do adjustments a little at a time. Compass adjustment would be trying. I don't think video recording works until you complete the process. I have to wonder if the Hubsan factory ever really align the lens.
I guess this will worth a try:

Is Hubsan's X4 H107C out of focus camera fixable? Yes!!! (1 min 43 sec)


The problem is, focus might be fixable but the yellowish footage is not