Hubsan H502E & H502S, the first brushed mini with GPS and FPV - Page 4 - RC Groups
Jul 08, 2016, 04:57 PM

Hubsan H502E Best Beginners GPS Camera Drone

Am really surprised that the H502E hasn't generated more buzz. This GPS equipped camera quadcopter may very well be the best starter drone for those interested in pursuing an interest in aerial video. At around $100, it is also currently the best bang for your buck in drone capabilities with a 720p HD camera, GPS, altitude hold, position hold, and real no-kidding return to home/landing capability (none of that "one key return" baloney). Available at Banggood.

Pro's
- Currently the lowest cost RTF GPS equipped quadcopter. Includes GPS position hold, altitude hold, headless mode, and real GPS return to landing.
- Small, quiet, and safe quadcopter. Very non-intrusive. Should be able to fly this most places without being hassled by authorities or disturbing your neighbors.
- Extremely easy to fly. Just ensure sufficient satellites are locked on (at least 6) before taking off. Also recommend checking hover stability for a few seconds before venturing off into the wild blue yonder. If toilet bowl hover noted, land and redo compass calibration.
- Will automatically fly back and land at its takeoff point upon activation of the return to home switch, or automatically if the quadcopter loses signal from the transmitter such as from flying out of range, from electrical interference, or if the transmitter is turned off (but don't deliberately turn off the transmitter to test this).
- Telemetry information available on controller includes range, altitude, heading, and remaining battery power (simple bar graph for battery power).
- Includes 2MP still pictures, 720p HD video camera.
- Pretty good flight time at about 13 minutes for the "E" version (about 11 on the "S" FPV/follow me version due to FPV transmitter power requirements).
- 150 grams weight. Does not require FAA registration.

Cons
- Although with very advanced features, the quadcopter also is equipped with brushed motors to minimize cost. You may need to replace a motor some day. However, as this quad also limits speed and does not have flip capability, motor durability may be greater as compared to other similar toy grade quadcopters.
- This quad is strictly for aerial video. Its GPS limits its speed and maneuvers to maintain stable gentle flying. As such, this is no "sport" quadcopter, and does not even come with a flip button (On the flip side, this is good for motor longevity ;-) But don't also think that this can't handle wind. It can fly in quite breezy conditions. Its GPS will still limit the speed of the quadcopter to its pre-determined limit velocity, whether going upwind or downwind.
- Return to landing accuracy increases with number of satellites locked on before takeoff. But taking off with only minimum satellites can result in decreased accuracy of automatic landing (I was off several meters in this video by taking off with 8 satellites).
- Does not come with needed microSD card or card reader to record and download camera's video.

and here is its flight demonstration.
Hubsan H502E Best Beginners GPS Camera Drone (13 min 41 sec)
Last edited by t00nz843z; Jul 08, 2016 at 05:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 11, 2016, 01:19 AM
Is this capable of carrying a xiaomi yi?
Jul 11, 2016, 03:54 AM
PALE OTAK KAU!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbk17
Is this capable of carrying a xiaomi yi?
No, it's motors are too small and weak to carry an action camera. I think it's bigger brother the H501S is a better choice for that as it has bigger brushless motors.
Jul 11, 2016, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCreep
No, it's motors are too small and weak to carry an action camera. I think it's bigger brother the H501S is a better choice for that as it has bigger brushless motors.
Do you have suggestions for altitude holding quads that can handle a xiaomi yi at $150 or less? Thanks.
Jul 11, 2016, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbk17
Do you have suggestions for altitude holding quads that can handle a xiaomi yi at $150 or less? Thanks.
RC Logger EYE One Xtreme.
Jul 13, 2016, 11:30 AM

Hubsan H502E Beginners GPS Camera Drone Lake Erie Flights

I really REALLY like this little $98 GPS quadcopter. So here's one more flight demonstration.

Hubsan H502E Beginners GPS Camera Drone Lake Erie Flights (18 min 28 sec)
Jul 13, 2016, 04:38 PM
my RC. Your info
Nice demo flight again 101!

Soo.. I did me some tests of the GPS functions of the H502S version today
That means the position hold; follow me and auto return For that last test I allso just switched the transmitter off in flight :P
Did it return, or fly to China??

DutchRC - Hubsan H502S - GPS tests! Will it come home, or fly to China? :O (from Gearbest.com) (14 min 15 sec)
Jul 14, 2016, 09:47 PM
can it carry the syma 5.8Ghz FPV? I haven't seen anyone doing this yet
Jul 18, 2016, 10:21 AM
Anybody figured out which pin is the video out on H502E ?
Jul 23, 2016, 01:04 PM
Hello. Suit whether these engines H502S? H107-A23(is from H107)
Jul 24, 2016, 09:40 AM
I have the H502S and I have to say I'm a bit impressed with the quad. I'm somewhat of a newbie to quad flying. I have a Syma X5HC and will be getting an Hubsan X4 Pro deluxe model soon. Back to the H502S. It's a small quad but very stable.

I have had nearly 10 flights and have pushed it to 265 meters height (Yes , in the clouds) and 315 meters distance. That was a flight I made today. I tried to record it but I had a problem with the SD. And I did get some FPV cutoff and it always returned. At the height and distance above, the transmitter stopped responding. I thought I had a flyaway and immediately switched to RTH. after 10 or so seconds the distance started reducing (FPV) and eventually it came home.

I would like to modify the transmitter to increase the travel and FPV distance but I'm not sure if the H501S mod will work. If anyone knows, please confirm.

I pushed the flight time to just over 12 minuets; I got down to 6.0 v and changed from RTH to manual and I pulled down throttle to bring it down faster but it fell out of the sky at about 10 meters.

The motors are smooth and the sound is relativity quiet. It's a good quad. I'll update more in the future with videos and more comments.
Jul 24, 2016, 02:54 PM

Help with Micro SD Card for Hubsan H502E

I just got the Hubsan H502E and I have an Micro SD Card (SanDisk Ultra 64 GB XC1) and It is formatted in my Win10 computer.. I right clicked and said format and it came up and gave me the option file system - exFAT (Default) and I clicked on quick format and it completed.. I put it in the quad and then plugged in the power then paired to remote and then setup and flew it.. I clicked on video and it blinked for about 10 seconds and then i stopped it and then took 4 pictures and brought it back down and made sure it wasnt recording and took out SD Card and put it in computer and it says its empty.. nothing there. I did it all over again and then this time unplugged power before removing the micro sd card and same thing.. nothing there.. I did a full format (not doing quick) and it did the same thing. Can someone tell me what Micro SD Card to use and ill go buy it or am I missing something.. please help..

Thanks
Patrick
Jul 24, 2016, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDConner
I just got the Hubsan H502E and I have an Micro SD Card (SanDisk Ultra 64 GB XC1) and It is formatted in my Win10 computer. I did a full format (not doing quick) and it did the same thing. Can someone tell me what Micro SD Card to use and ill go buy it or am I missing something.. please help..

Thanks
Patrick
this one works in my Hubsan H501s, i'd guess the 64gb is too large.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/SanDisk-Ex...-Card/46700587
Jul 24, 2016, 05:28 PM
Thanks.. I went and got an 8gig PNY from Walmart and it works great now.. Thank you so much..
Jul 25, 2016, 10:42 PM

Hello again about H502S

Well I have had the H502E for a few and bored with it kinda (not really just don't know enough about it yet) but.. I ordered the H502S today and I am excited about the display.. Anyway Can you please tell me how do i know how far I can go with it and also how high I can go with it since it tells you on the screen I just wanted to know.. Also what is the distance you can fly both how high and how distant or is it separate.. like example ( I don't know meters from anything lol ) but say I go 200 fee about 10 feet off the ground away from me.. can I go another 200 feet high after that or how do I know.. Can someone help me understand this. I feel this is basically a go high straight up and record and come back down .. can someone explain it to me so i know when i get it and know how to read the screen or know more about that display it gives.