This thread is privately moderated by Ducati Mechanic, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 23, 2016, 06:44 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Thread OP
Discussion

Concept cx4 light DLG

I've been fortunate enough to purchase one of the new concept extreme CX fours. The fit and finish on this plane is second to none! After building it I've found that the flight characteristics are absolutely amazing! The factory support is also great. A few modifications were needed for fine-tuning and the guys a concept extreme are always available in the build threads and on Facebook for input .
I've had many big flights with this airplane and plan on many more.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2016, 08:59 AM

Awesome!

Wonderful detail in your pixs! What a clean ship & install! I assume this is a full 1.5 M ship? What is the auw? Lastly, the price range for this beauty?

Cheers!
Lyle
Feb 23, 2016, 10:48 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Thread OP
Hello,
Thank you for he kind words. Yes it's a 1.5m(60"). Built with gear, it weighed in at just over 248g, after balancing wing(off set hook), and setting CG balance, my final flying weight is 255g.
These airframes are a bit tail heavy but the extra reinforcement to the vertical and horizontal stab are welcome! The standard C version of this plane is flown between 260g up to around 300g in strong wind. This amazing design eats the rough stuff, and cuts right threw it.
In the states, SUSA is the exclusive distributor, and the full carbon light version lists for $899.00 the competition version is around $1000. And a D-box version can be purchased for $850.
Feb 23, 2016, 10:54 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Thread OP
Also wanted to show the top drive
Feb 23, 2016, 10:59 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Thread OP
A few more. The paint is amazing!
Feb 23, 2016, 08:07 PM

Thanks For The Info!

DM:
Thanks a bunch for the information! The specs and pricing seem spot on! Hopefully, you will be able to post some good videos of this lovely bird in action. I can only hope that someday soon, that I will eventually be able to move up to this level.

Cheers!
Lyle
Feb 24, 2016, 10:41 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappyjkns
DM:
Thanks a bunch for the information! The specs and pricing seem spot on! Hopefully, you will be able to post some good videos of this lovely bird in action. I can only hope that someday soon, that I will eventually be able to move up to this level.

Cheers!
Lyle
My pleasure! I'm sure I'll get some video soon, it's to sweet not to.
Another great DLG that performs almost as good, has a bit tougher skin, and will save you a few hundred, is the AJ aeromodel Smile(also at Susa). That's my other daily flyer.
Feb 26, 2016, 02:42 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Thread OP
Another big day with the CX4! 10-20minute flights reaching around 400ft

Quick Reply