Thread Tools
Apr 02, 2016, 08:34 AM
Registered User
Hi Calvin!

Sorry, sorry ..

It was very late when I wrote my last post.

Clearly your big diagram with gates is totally correct (should be 0,0 for L3 and L4 in last row - therefore 0 for L5.

Nothing wrong with your diagram, just with my concentration (as usual) - and that is something you hardly ever been able to correct.

Downloaded your last version of LS Tutorial without a hitch - will study it later - you see, problem is that weather is improving in my part of world and is harder to stay in front of monitor - nature is calling - maybe I will even wake up from winter sleep.

Quickly looked tut2 p5 XOR - well it is up to you now to decide - this version up to L3 or previous up to L5.
Both are clear to me now.

Darko
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 02, 2016, 08:46 AM
Registered User
boomerwing's Avatar
No Problem Darko. I understand what you say about your weather. I don't have as much enthusiasm for writing the tutorial as before when I look out at the beautiful weather and the colourful flowering shrubs. I was out RC flying two days ago. I could have stayed there all day. A hawk tried to attack my Little Plank III. A great experience to describe to my friends later.
Calvin
Apr 02, 2016, 09:28 AM
Registered User
boomerwing's Avatar

Next iteration


Of course, a good sleep can help the thoughts. Why did I have trouble visualizing the XOR? It is just the ordinary "Three way light switch". So here is the next iteration of the Tutorial.
Calvin
Apr 02, 2016, 10:09 AM
Registered User
Hi Calvin!

Glad you solved it. Terminology - my dad called this cross switch.

And I have a similar rendezvous with hawk and my glider few years ago.
Now I am lucky that in forest near my house live a colony/families of hawks - last year was able to spot as many as 5 of them cruising.
Today I saw first "recon mission" from big daddy or big mom (hard to tell from this distance)

Now - some heavy printing of yours, Sebs and Mike Shelims docs - and some time on the porch.
You guys and others do incredible job of help sorting out a poor documentation problem.

And for well deserved rest - sure you are familiar with this too.
How you solve this?

Darko
Apr 02, 2016, 10:44 AM
Froggy RC Pilot
LapinFou's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerwing
Of course, a good sleep can help the thoughts. Why did I have trouble visualizing the XOR? It is just the ordinary "Three way light switch". So here is the next iteration of the Tutorial.
Calvin
I like the latest version!

Concerning the throttle cut-off, here is a simple version with SF switch:
L1: Thr < -98
L2: (L2 OR L1) AND SF↓
Not the same as yours, but can be nice to add it.
Apr 02, 2016, 11:06 AM
Registered User
boomerwing's Avatar

Throttle cut-offs


Quote:
Originally Posted by LapinFou
I like the latest version!

Concerning the throttle cut-off, here is a simple version with SF switch:
L1: Thr < -98
L2: (L2 OR L1) AND SF↓
Not the same as yours, but can be nice to add it.
Interesting that you feed back the L2 output back into the input to hold L2 TRUE. There must be other ways to use this functionality too. I will have to think about it.
My concern with this would be if you move the throttle above -98, then accidently bump SF the throttle would start the motor. That is what my version is trying to get away from.
Apr 02, 2016, 11:09 AM
Registered User
boomerwing's Avatar
No argument, Darko. Wives make life interesting
Apr 02, 2016, 11:51 AM
Froggy RC Pilot
LapinFou's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerwing
Interesting that you feed back the L2 output back into the input to hold L2 TRUE. There must be other ways to use this functionality too. I will have to think about it.
My concern with this would be if you move the throttle above -98, then accidently bump SF the throttle would start the motor. That is what my version is trying to get away from.
I agree with you. But this can be enough for some people. I'm not proposing to replace your solution, just to add it in you document as an extra example.
Personally I'm using this solution BUT with a 6 positions switch (a replace the S2 pot). So, it is almost impossible to turn the knob inadvertently.

[EDIT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerwing
My concern with this would be if you move the throttle above -98, then accidently bump SF the throttle would start the motor.
This is not correct. To start the engine, the throttle must be BELOW -98%!
Last edited by LapinFou; Apr 02, 2016 at 01:28 PM.
Apr 02, 2016, 02:31 PM
Registered User
boomerwing's Avatar

No! No!


Personally I'm using this solution BUT with a 6 positions switch (a replace the S2 pot). So, it is almost impossible to turn the knob inadvertently.

[EDIT]

This is not correct. To start the engine, the throttle must be BELOW -98%![/QUOTE]

Well, Seb, your solution of using the 6 position switch sounds better. I checked the logic with companion with L2 replacing the Throttle Mix with a MAX -100. With the Throttle at -100 and SF activated the Throttle stayed at -100 when the Throttle stick was moved, but when SF was moved back to the deactive position the Throttle output jumped to the value where the Throttle stick was. Pretty scary. When I was first learning the Logical Switches I was bitten quite badly because of such a misunderstanding so I was happy to find the Edge functions and the Sticky.
Regards
Calvin
Apr 02, 2016, 03:16 PM
Froggy RC Pilot
LapinFou's Avatar
Thread OP
Hi Calvin,

You must reverse your logic.
In my example L2 = True, means Engine is ON.

L1: Thr < -98
L2: (L2 OR L1) AND SF↓

In the throttle mix, the last line must be a REPLACE with !L2
CH01 (Thr)
[I1]Thr Weight(+100%)
:= MAX Weight(-100%) Switch(!L2) [CutOff]

To start the engine, SF must be ↓ AND throttle must be below -98%
Apr 02, 2016, 07:11 PM
Registered User
boomerwing's Avatar

Never Assume


Quote:
Originally Posted by LapinFou
Hi Calvin,

You must reverse your logic.
In my example L2 = True, means Engine is ON.

L1: Thr < -98
L2: (L2 OR L1) AND SF↓

In the throttle mix, the last line must be a REPLACE with !L2
CH01 (Thr)
[I1]Thr Weight(+100%)
:= MAX Weight(-100%) Switch(!L2) [CutOff]

To start the engine, SF must be ↓ AND throttle must be below -98%
Yes, Seb. It works much better if you use !L2 instead of L2. I do notice though that if you set SF back to SFup the motor will immediately stop. Is this what you want? I suppose using the six position switch as well as you do solves this problem.
I like the feedback idea. There must be other uses for this as well.
What do you think of the page to add to the tutorial?
Calvin
Last edited by boomerwing; Apr 03, 2016 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Attachment changed
Apr 03, 2016, 05:45 AM
Froggy RC Pilot
LapinFou's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerwing
Yes, Seb. It works much better if you use !L2 instead of L2. I do notice though that if you set SF back to SFup the motor will immediately stop. Is this what you want? I suppose using the six position switch as well as you do solves this problem.
I like the feedback idea. There must be other uses for this as well.
What do you think of the page to add to the tutorial?
Calvin
Hi Calvin,

You are correct. SF↑ = Engine Off and SF↓ = Engine On. The logic switch ares used to create a security. The engine can't be armed unless the Throttle stick is at the bottom position. I mimic this cut-off mechanism from my ex T8J Futaba radio.
On my Taranis, I replaced S2 with a 6 positions knob. This is to avoid to inadvertently hit the SF switch and stop the engine.
I read your PDF. It is perfect. Just one comment, don't mentioned my name, since many other people are also using this mechanism. I'm not the 1st creator of this logic.

And yes, you are correct, this OR trick can be used as a one-shot set memory rested, with the AND gate. It is a kind od RS logical gate.
Last edited by LapinFou; Apr 03, 2016 at 06:29 AM.
Apr 03, 2016, 08:55 AM
Registered User
boomerwing's Avatar

Complete tutorial for Taranis Logical Switches


Here is the Resulting Tutorial. I think this should complete it.
Seb. I have removed your name from the documents too.
Last edited by boomerwing; Mar 04, 2017 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Updated attachment
Apr 03, 2016, 09:00 AM
Froggy RC Pilot
LapinFou's Avatar
Thread OP
Calvin, I think your are done this time.
I updated my 1st post.
Congrats!
Apr 03, 2016, 09:11 AM
Pattern Junky
Quote:
Originally Posted by LapinFou
Calvin, I think your are done this time.
I updated my 1st post.
Congrats!
Wow, you guys are beyond amazing, this is an incredible gift to the community and you are to be congratulated and thanked for constructing this and providing to us!! . It will be several evenings of reading to digest and absorb and will be a great reference as well. Again, many many thanks for this!!

Humbly,
Dave


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools