Thread Tools
Feb 21, 2016, 10:44 AM
InceCreations
vincent123's Avatar
Thread OP
Discussion

3d printed plane


Future's looking good ..!

https://3dlabprint.com/index.php
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2016, 11:18 AM
Registered User
Not for us builders!

John
Feb 21, 2016, 11:46 AM
InceCreations
vincent123's Avatar
Thread OP
But a dream for designers!
Feb 21, 2016, 01:35 PM
Registered User
DustBen's Avatar
I'd rather have a laser with 2 axis table.
But for that money... I can build a ton of models with #11 blades.
Feb 21, 2016, 01:35 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
eflightray's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbernecker
Not for us builders!

John
Agreed. I could probably scratch build a couple of models, and fly them, in the time it would take me to create a 3D model.

I wonder how 'reparable' a printed model is ?, or how well they stand up to high summer temperature, say in a car ?.

Ray.
Feb 22, 2016, 06:46 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustBen
I'd rather have a laser with 2 axis table.
But for that money... I can build a ton of models with #11 blades.
I have a hobby laser and love it. You are correct, but being able to replicate parts that are identical is pretty nice. Plus tabs and notches are nice as well as lightening holes. Also, selling some kits on the side does help offset the costs some.

John
Feb 22, 2016, 09:05 PM
Registered User
DustBen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbernecker
I have a hobby laser and love it. You are correct, but being able to replicate parts that are identical is pretty nice. Plus tabs and notches are nice as well as lightening holes. Also, selling some kits on the side does help offset the costs some.

John
kewl... do me a Goldberg Ultimate 10-300?
I got the plans and tracings of all the piece parts.
You keep the file.
Feb 23, 2016, 12:27 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustBen
kewl... do me a Goldberg Ultimate 10-300?
I got the plans and tracings of all the piece parts.
You keep the file.
Gee, I'm not sure how I could turn that down. You mean after spending 100 hours tracing parts in cad and getting them set up in cut files, I could actually keep them. Thanks! My laser is mostly for small stuff due to the cutting area is only 14.5 X 9. Now I piece stuff together like Goldberg did and it works fine, just extra assembly steps.

John


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Another 3D printed plane kit dll932 3D Printing 159 Jun 16, 2018 12:26 PM
Discussion 3D printed planes EnigmaSoar 3D Printing 2 Feb 07, 2017 11:56 PM
Help! 3D Printed RC Plane Wing Covering Help 3DPrintedRCPlane Sport Planes 9 Sep 05, 2016 04:17 PM
Whoops! 3D Printed RC Plane Update 3DPrintedRCPlane Scale Kit/Scratch Built 0 Sep 05, 2016 04:12 PM