Apr 03, 2016, 09:00 PM
RCA just added two more colour schemes for the Roban A-10. There is now four colour schemes available. Geez its getting hard not to push 'Add to Cart' for this plane.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 03, 2016, 09:17 PM
Tail Spin Tim

Rca

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastSailor
RCA just added two more colour schemes for the Roban A-10. There is now four colour schemes available. Geez its getting hard not to push 'Add to Cart' for this plane.
Tell me about it. There goes my tax refund. East coast sailor retired. Air traffic controller E-6. Can't pass this one up. Need the gray one though as I have all the pics of the full size. Will add the JP E-BRAKES. One things for sure, the significant other will have a fit when a large box shows up and asks what's this. LOL
Apr 04, 2016, 05:00 PM
I got mine a while back. It's a great kit I have both fans mounted with 580kv motors. Just moved my shop to a building where we are building a new house so haven't done mush more other than mounting all the lights. By the way it comes in two large boxes not just one.
JD
Apr 04, 2016, 10:14 PM
Tail Spin Tim

A10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jddickers
I got mine a while back. It's a great kit I have both fans mounted with 580kv motors. Just moved my shop to a building where we are building a new house so haven't done mush more other than mounting all the lights. By the way it comes in two large boxes not just one.
JD
Does it look possible to have an operating canopy? I want to add wing tip strobes as on the full size plane. I may go with Callie Graphics for the finer details. What ESC's are you going to use? Looks like the end of May when I pull the trigger on this bird. Waiting feedback on a new job. Hard to resist this one. The cockpit detail looks great.
Apr 05, 2016, 06:32 AM
The kit comes with lights for the wing tips and navigation. The canopy might be doable but it would take some work. As of right now I have a pair of Talon 120 ESC.
JD
Apr 22, 2016, 12:05 PM

Roban A-10

JD,

I just purchased mine. I'm planning on installing Schubeler 120mm fans in mine.
Apr 22, 2016, 12:51 PM
Tail Spin Tim

Roban A-10

Quote:
JD
What do you think of the kit overall? Is it worth the bucks? I can get close and personal to this A-10 any time I need to for documentation.
Apr 22, 2016, 06:36 PM
So far I really like the kit. I haven't done a hole lot on the build just finishing up the tail section just wait on the servos for the rudders. The fans are mounted in the pods and wiring run. I decided to stay with the change sunn fans since the mounting was already there and didn't no how much trouble it would be to mount a different fan. I think it is well worth the cost of the kit. Plus I have always wanted a A-10 Also the pilot from Warbirds pilots checked in and is ready for the first test flight.
JD
Apr 24, 2016, 02:42 PM

Roban A-10

JD,

What size are the wheels? I'm looking at electric brake options. I have had really good luck with dream works brakes.

What servos did you use throughout the airframe? I was looking at Hitec 225's, but not sure what would fit. Any help would be appreciated.
Apr 24, 2016, 02:50 PM
Tail Spin Tim

Roban A-10

Quote:
So far I really like the kit. I haven't done a hole lot on the build just finishing up the tail section just wait on the servos for the rudders. The fans are mounted in the pods and wiring run. I decided to stay with the change sunn fans since the mounting was already there and didn't no how much trouble it would be to mount a different fan. I think it is well worth the cost of the kit. Plus I have always wanted a A-10 Also the pilot from Warbirds pilots checked in and is ready for the first test flight.
JD
Sounds great. I drop the hammer for this bird mid May. Then I'll have a year and a half till the 100th anniversary at Selfridge ANG Air Show. I will do a presentation at the Friday night dinner party for a meet and greet with all the show pilots including the Thunderbirds.
Apr 30, 2016, 09:55 AM
FoamyFactory.com
Does anyone know what fans are included? Above post mentions JF, but are they JF 120's? I've been wanting the Scalemaster A-10 for a while, but just haven't been able to come up eit the funds. This one is doable and looks to be a great value. Keep the post coming and build pics for sure!
Apr 30, 2016, 03:36 PM
The kit comes with change sun 120 mm fans.
May 02, 2016, 09:35 AM
FoamyFactory.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastSailor
The kit comes with change sun 120 mm fans.

Thanks!
May 02, 2016, 10:15 PM
Any flying videos anywhere of this thing? I had 2 CS 120s in the past and both exploded because I could not get them balanced. That was a few years ago. Are they any better or do they still require extensive balancing? I have one JF120 so might be easier to just get another JF.

Wonder what setup would be best for this thing to give good 5min+ Flight time.

Brian
May 02, 2016, 10:29 PM
BOHICA!
Hi Brian,
Thus far there are evidently no videos or other online evidence that this model has actually flown?

From looking at a couple of pictures posted it surely looks like there is going to be a thrust line issue because the EDF exhaust seems to be angled straight out the back and not vectored "up thrust" 3-4 As in the full scale and some models like the CGRC.
Without this thrust line alteration I think there will be serious trim issues between power off and full power.
Still, a nice looking model and a good value if it actually flies.
I'd trash the CS fans and go JetFan.

BTW: Scale points deducted......this model is missing the inboard leading edge slats.....

- Mike

Quick Reply