Feb 27, 2016, 07:13 PM
A Fairey Gannet would be cool. Certainly an interesting and unique airplane.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 27, 2016, 09:02 PM
Arrowhead
Spiteful! Right. That explains the Spitfire-ish look.

Fairey Gannet... I understand a passing bumble bee was heard to comment, "Damn, and they say I'm defying the laws of aerodynamics?!"
Feb 27, 2016, 10:13 PM
Did you get it on video?
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
or maybe b26.
They'd sell at least 2...
Feb 27, 2016, 10:26 PM
Live to fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartago View Post
Il-2 Sturmovik.

None done.
+1 on the Sturmovik.
Feb 27, 2016, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
They'd sell at least 2...
Most of these planes people are suggesting would sell about 5 planes before the discontinuation sale.

I'd like to see a nice scale Bf-109 E since no one does one. What they actually do I have no clue. A larger Spitfire done well is non-existent.

I think a well done scale Ki-61 would sell well even though I doubt the little 980 FMS rocket does. Too small.
Feb 28, 2016, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherubs 9 View Post
Finally a 1400mm p47 razorback with inner gear doors and reacting tail wheel, AND, working cowl flaps. Optional non goofy pilot and oil filled struts.

A big problem with P-47's:

If they make a bubbletop, everyone cries for a razorback.

If they make a razorback, everyone cries for a bubbletop.

I really like how their P-38 comes in 2 colors with several decals per color.

They need to up the ante and release a super scale P-47 that comes in silver or green.... The battery hatch would start just before the canopy, all the way to the base of the tail.

This would allow you to buy a bubbletop or razorback battery hatch, which would come with a few decals for that color/version combo.

One airframe mold, two battery hatch molds, and two paint offerings would creat 4 varieties of the P-47.

They could easily and cheaply cover all bases... Some people may even buy... Say... A green P-47 and BOTH hatches so they could swap from a razorback to a bubbletop if they wanted. That would be an extra $15-$20 per airframe... If that's what the hatches are priced at.

Seems win-win to me!
Barrett
Feb 28, 2016, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett_G View Post
A big problem with P-47's:

If they make a bubbletop, everyone cries for a razorback.

If they make a razorback, everyone cries for a bubbletop.

I really like how their P-38 comes in 2 colors with several decals per color.

They need to up the ante and release a super scale P-47 that comes in silver or green.... The battery hatch would start just before the canopy, all the way to the base of the tail.

This would allow you to buy a bubbletop or razorback battery hatch, which would come with a few decals for that color/version comb

One airframe mold, two battery hatch molds, and two paint offerings would creat 4 varieties of the P-47.

They could easily and cheaply cover all bases... Some people may even buy... Say... A green P-47 and BOTH hatches so they could swap from a razorback to a bubbletop if they wanted. That would be an extra $15-$20 per airframe... If that's what the hatches are priced at.

Seems win-win to me!
Barrett

A splendid Idea. Your theory could be applied to the Hawker Typhoon early and late, Supermarine Spitfire aka the Mk IX and XVI the XIV early and late versions and even the P51B/C and that D/K version thing not that we need anymore P51D's.
Feb 28, 2016, 02:08 AM
Smish-smash
The whole modular idea is a good one; for instance, the FW190 A and D models have the same wing and stab. Only difference is the fuselage. If Freewing or Parkzone could only have figured that out...
Feb 28, 2016, 01:47 PM
DFS#000178
I wouldn't mind if they did a B-25 in the 65-inch range.

I've got the Taft and I really want a bigger one. I hate how wrong the FMS's landing gear is so I've never looked at it seriously and the LX is too damn expensive for a foamy.

So a nice 65-inch-ish B-25, maybe even in a PBJ-1 scheme, would definitely get me going.

You could take the modular idea to the next step with that one, too.

Do a solid nose for a B-25/PBJ-1H and a glass nose for the traditional layout. In the glass nose you could even make a small camera mount to put a Mobius or 808#16 in.

How cool would that be?
Feb 28, 2016, 02:51 PM
Santa Cruz, CA
I would like to see a F6F Hellcat in this class.
Feb 28, 2016, 04:00 PM
F6F with retracts, flaps and folding wings. I mean, wings that fold intentionally, not the unfortunate Taco-ing one gets from a too- sharp pull up....*cough*
Feb 28, 2016, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karltrek View Post
I would like to see a F6F Hellcat in this class.
I would definitely be down for a Hellcat as well.
Feb 28, 2016, 07:11 PM
Walked away from all landings
Quote:
Originally Posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
I would definitely be down for a Hellcat as well.
And yet Motion RC stopped ordering the FMS Hellcat in the 1400 series as it was not a good seller. On the FMS site there were two versions of the 1400 FMS 6 Hellcat available for some time, with the V2 having a slightly more powerful motor and also a few servo umit had been upgraded.

There still are FMS 1400 Hellcats V2 available, this site has both versions and parts as well

http://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?r...roduct_id=3814
Feb 29, 2016, 02:55 AM
Hawker Hurricane Mk 5!
Feb 29, 2016, 02:56 AM
abc
Last edited by no_spamola; Jul 17, 2019 at 12:00 AM. Reason: why not

Quick Reply