Feb 20, 2016, 10:05 AM
Plane crazy
I did that on my 1200mm Dynam's razorback with a 1400mm's 4 blade prop.

She looks and flies great
to remove ads between posts
Feb 20, 2016, 10:50 AM
Did you change anything else to fly with the larger prop, Tartago?
Cheers
Captain Boogaloo
Feb 20, 2016, 12:33 PM
Arrowhead
Wildcat. The bigger the better!
Feb 20, 2016, 12:56 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
Bad Kitty!!!!!!

Kman
Feb 20, 2016, 02:20 PM
Would love to see a Nakajima KI-43 Oscar in 1200mm.
Feb 20, 2016, 08:17 PM
Name: image.jpg
Views: 44
Size: 199.7 KB
Description:
Feb 20, 2016, 09:07 PM
Plane crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Boogaloo View Post
Did you change anything else to fly with the larger prop, Tartago?
Cheers
Captain Boogaloo
I changed the ESC from 45 to 60A just in case (current draw was around 40A static)

After more than 50 flights the motor started to work very hot, thus I changed the stock Detrum by a FMS type sold by HK.

Still going strong. Check my blog.
Feb 21, 2016, 01:06 PM
What goes up .....
Quote:

Oh, and why didn't the SeaFury get a plastic leading edge on the cowling like the La7? That thick foam edge really doesn't look very nice; rather a missed opportunity there, Motion/FNRC
Blue Skies!
Captain Boogaloo
Yes, I agree with you there. I think the Sea Fury is the poor cousin of this group release. Looks like the budget model compared to the other two. Still, it is very nice. If my meeting goes well today I'm going to get one from Aliexpress. I will coat the nose with foam armour and see if I can over come that foamy look.
The is one twin I would like to see and that is the Me 410. It is a really nice looking plane and at 1600mm it would go real well with the P38. However I'm not holding my breath on that one.
Feb 21, 2016, 01:34 PM
Don't shoot me how about a 450 Model "B" Ag-Cat. At lest a 1400mm wing span, using 3000 4S batteries.
If not that I will go with the above, a Wildcat bigger the better, heck I would even go with a bellie lander if the give us a launch point. Failing that a realistic Stearman most of the ones now on the market have major flaws like sweep wings and so on.

Ken
Last edited by Ken Smith; Feb 21, 2016 at 01:52 PM.
Feb 21, 2016, 03:56 PM
I like the Me 410 idea, but if they wanted to do another big (1600+) wingspan twin, then the Heinkel He 219 Owl is a rather sexy prospective candidate......if they could do the undercarriage justice.

On another note...Eric 'Winkle' Brown's death was just announced on Radio 2 (BBC) ....quite possibly the greatest pilot this country ever produced, certainly the most experienced; his book about test flying the German aircraft during and after WWII is a must read. And he was the first to land a jet on an Aircraft carrier; And he was a very nice guy to chat to, too . RIP Eric. Thanks. Blue Skies Old Boy.

Captain Boogaloo
Feb 21, 2016, 04:08 PM
Arrowhead
Quote:
I like the Me 410 idea, but if they wanted to do another big (1600+) wingspan twin, then the Heinkel He 219 Owl is a rather sexy prospective candidate......if they could do the undercarriage justice.

On another note...Eric 'Winkle' Brown's death was just announced on Radio 2 (BBC) ....quite possibly the greatest pilot this country ever produced, certainly the most experienced; his book about test flying the German aircraft during and after WWII is a must read. And he was the first to land a jet on an Aircraft carrier; And he was a very nice guy to chat to, too . RIP Eric. Thanks. Blue Skies Old Boy.

Captain Boogaloo
Sad news indeed re: Eric Brown. Read his memoirs last year, quite an amazing career!
Feb 21, 2016, 04:20 PM
Quote:

Captain Boogaloo
He apparently had about 470 different aircraft types in his logbook, more than any other pilot so far, and I suspect, more than any other pilot ever will. You were very lucky to get to chat with him! Very interesting documentary on TV about him last year.
Feb 21, 2016, 11:56 PM
new Biplaner to be 04 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
Surprise, it's going to be a 2100mm Nemuth Parasol. After that, I'm all ears.
Okay, looks to me you're on the right track.

But after that I need to see a few WWI planes, the hole foamy industry has abandoned this era of flight! (except dynams Albatros)

Any size is welcome!

CCC
Feb 22, 2016, 10:03 PM
EB-66C Team Member
I'd like to see RC companies honor Vietnam vets with great warbirds from that era.....they are long overdue!

Here's just few to start:

OV-10
OV-1
O-2A
A-26K
A-37
A-7D
Feb 22, 2016, 10:14 PM
Plane crazy
MiG-21

Quick Reply