Feb 19, 2016, 04:48 PM
Shining a light on the hobby.
Thread OP

Flex Innovations - A New Warehouse and Website!

!Quique and David take Flex Innovations to the next level!

My first RC purchase was an Italian trainer that I found at a garage sale for $5. I had no idea where to start. I headed to Hobbytown USA and bought a VHS tape (I said it was a long time ago). On that tape was a pilot named Quique Somenzini. I had never heard of, or seen 3D flying before then. After watching Quique wear out a giant scale plane at horse racing track in front of a crowd I had to find out more about 3D and Quique.

I have to admit that if I had to pick a favorite RC pilot it would be Quique. He is an innovator, a pilot's pilot and a great ambassador for the hobby in general. So it's even more exciting when he picked up the phone to talk to me about his new RC adventure with Flex Innovations!

!Quique Shares Some Flex Innovations News
  • JT: Quique, tell us what is new with Flex Innovations these days.
  • QQ: The biggest news is that we have a new warehouse and website! We are excited about this because we are now distributing our own products. We are selling to consumers and dealers as well.

• JT:Tell me about the website.
  • QQ: The site is brand new. You can go and shop our entire line of products. It is user friendly and easy to navigate. We also have a lot of support material on our products. If you purchase more than $99.50 you get free shipping!

• JT: What can the customers look forward to in the coming year?
  • QQ: The foundation of our company is that we care about our customers. So that means we will work hard on a great experience, fast shipping process and work hard to make this a great experience.

• JT: Do you have any planes coming out this year that we need to know about?
  • QQ: We have couple coming out that we are excited about but we can't talk about it right now.

• JT: Are you still based out of FL?
  • QQ: We are North of Venice, Florida - one hour South of Tampa.

• JT: What is the latest update on the Mamba?
  • QQ: The Mamba is on schedule and on the water. It should be here in the middle March.

• JT: Can we see it at Joe Nall?
  • QQ: Absolutely! It will be in stock and ready for purchase. We are also taking pre-orders on it as well.

QQ: Here is our latest video of the Mamba flown by Seth Arnold. I want people to watch this video because Seth flies a different style (more aggressive/modern) than I do. I think this video will show the unlimited capability of this design.

Mamba 70cc Seth One Take (5 min 35 sec)

!Flex Photos

@8722132

@8722133
@8722134

@8722135
@8722136

@8722137

!Check Them Out

You can go and check out the new site now! We want to wish Quique and David all the best in the new project and are excited to see what they bring out for all of us to enjoy!

Direct link - www.flexinnovations.com
to remove ads between posts
Feb 19, 2016, 05:43 PM
click HERE 2 C my BLOG
best of luck guys
any dealers in UK / Ireland / EU? where i can buy ?
Feb 19, 2016, 07:27 PM
A man with too many toys
Are you going to have any FPV equipment?
Feb 19, 2016, 10:30 PM
Blew out my flip flop
I remember the 1st I met Quique, I was at SEFF, flying his new foamy yak, the one with the semi profile depron fuse. Was doing elevators and high alpha landings and going around, over and over , just enjoying the heck out of the calm quiet morning and the airplane. Then I hear a voice behind me, saying,"I think if you move the battery back about another 3 to 6mm, you'll really tighten it up and eliminate that wing rock. So I landed, and sure enuf, from just watching me fly he knew exactly where the battery was!! We moved it back 1/4in and it did eliminate the little bit of rock I was having, he signed my wing, which I still have(a buddy destroyed the fuse for me,lol). I wish I could find another kit, I loved that airplane. He's a super humble and nice guy to talk to, and a true ambassador for the hobby
Feb 20, 2016, 09:14 AM
did not know that child labor was still allowed there
Feb 22, 2016, 10:02 AM
Master Prop Breaker
Man, the roll authority on that bipe is sick! You can tell the wing loading is light as well, it just floats.

I've always loved anything Quique does. He's is the "father" of 3D.
Feb 22, 2016, 10:08 AM
Master Prop Breaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hogue
I remember the 1st I met Quique, I was at SEFF, flying his new foamy yak, the one with the semi profile depron fuse. Was doing elevators and high alpha landings and going around, over and over , just enjoying the heck out of the calm quiet morning and the airplane. Then I hear a voice behind me, saying,"I think if you move the battery back about another 3 to 6mm, you'll really tighten it up and eliminate that wing rock. So I landed, and sure enuf, from just watching me fly he knew exactly where the battery was!! We moved it back 1/4in and it did eliminate the little bit of rock I was having, he signed my wing, which I still have(a buddy destroyed the fuse for me,lol). I wish I could find another kit, I loved that airplane. He's a super humble and nice guy to talk to, and a true ambassador for the hobby
I had that foamy as well, that was my first 3D foamy along with the Tribute foamy. I loved every flight until I flew into a telephone pole!
Feb 22, 2016, 10:15 AM
Thread OP
The first time I saw QQ in action (in real life) was at Joe Nall many years ago. He was in a big hurry to get his plane up and rolling for a noon time demo. I could tell he was in a rush so I didn't approach. At that same moment a kid, that was obviously a fan, did approach. QQ stopped what he was doing and very patiently and graciously answered every question asked, shook the kid's hand and ultimately posed for a photo. The moment he walked away QQ hustled to the flight line just in time for his demo flight.

That's what an ambassador is and we are lucky to have him in our hobby.
Feb 22, 2016, 11:47 AM
Closed Account
They have Flying Giants airplanes and RCGroups airplanes? What is in those two boxes?
Feb 22, 2016, 12:05 PM
Thread OP
Craig, always good to hear from you...GOOD EYE!!
Feb 23, 2016, 02:49 PM
Flex Innovation is scheduled to be a vendor at the Arizona Electric Festival this coming weekend. I hope to shoot stills and videos of them at the event and include them in my review of the event here in RC Groups. I agree with Jim that QQ is a gentleman and a great ambassador for our hobby. I interviewed him a few years ago at the AMA Expo. Mike Heer
Feb 24, 2016, 03:00 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eirlink
best of luck guys
any dealers in UK / Ireland / EU? where i can buy ?
If you click the direct link in the main write up it should take you to the Flexinnovations website,once there and once you have had a good look around as i did,scroll all the way down the page and look for find a dealer,there you can see the EU dealer.

Here you go this link should take you straight to it,go towards the bottom of said page for EU dealer.

http://www.flexinnovations.com/articles.asp?ID=269
Feb 24, 2016, 04:00 PM
I just bought an Extra from them last weekend. The plane is EXTREMELY well designed and built!!
Feb 24, 2016, 06:08 PM
click HERE 2 C my BLOG
Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz
If you click the direct link in the main write up it should take you to the Flexinnovations website,once there and once you have had a good look around as i did,scroll all the way down the page and look for find a dealer,there you can see the EU dealer.

Here you go this link should take you straight to it,go towards the bottom of said page for EU dealer.

http://www.flexinnovations.com/articles.asp?ID=269
thanks
Feb 25, 2016, 11:44 PM
Official Boat Bum
This is great news.

I had been wanting a Ventique 60e for a while but after donating one of my old reliable foamies to a local RC club for their raffle, I bought the QQ300 on a whim. I am so glad I did. The little QQ300 flies amazingly well and can fit into the smallest renegade fields out there. I can't believe how well it flies with the Aura stability system. I fly it without the Aura as much as I can due to a feeling of loyalty to my old school ways (no gyros, man!). But.. Most of the time I AM using the Aura (on a switch). I can't help it. The Aura makes this foamie feel and look like I'm flying a perfectly trimmed out 60 size composite airplane! It doesn't fly the plane at all but it makes the plane fly "bigger and crisper" that it does with the switch off. PS I still want a V60e!

Best of luck to Flex Innovations!

Quick Reply