This thread is privately moderated by Pappyjkns, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 18, 2016, 02:58 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

R/C Diary Pt. 7, Up, Up & Away!

Feb. 18/16:
Oh boy…..The weather gods must have heard me bitchin’ cause this morning the sun has returned and the winds are staying calm……time to go a chuckin’ I grabbed my recently repaired DLG and headed over to a new city park which is actually a covered water reservoir. The temperature was hovering around -10C with a very light 6 km northeast wind.

The one good thing about winter flying is the nice soft coating of snow which helps reduce the carnage often associated with a less than perfect landings into the frozen turf!

I met Terry onsite, he is a new member of my r/c club who was curious about DLG flying. Well…..I have to tell you we had a blast! We chucked that DL50 up into the air over 20-25 times. No flight lasting more than 30 secs. but boy we had fun. He was impressed how the little plane circled slowly and floated around the field. I think he is hooked!

Even though the field has plane eating goal posts on either end, I am pretty excited about future flying here. The field is about 60 -70ft higher than the surrounding area so in effect, there is a possibility of some slope soaring on the south, west and north sides depending on prevailing winds.

Just another enjoyable morning of DLG flying!

To top off my day, when I got back home & checked my email, I received an email with plans for a scratch built Icarus 48” ws DLG! Life is good!

Cheers!
Lyle
Last edited by Pappyjkns; Feb 18, 2016 at 09:56 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply