Horizon Hobby UK Support - RC Groups
View Poll Results: How do you rate your experience with Horizon UK support ?
Excellent 14 77.78%
Good 0 0%
Fair 0 0%
Poor 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Feb 18, 2016, 02:08 PM
click HERE 2 C my BLOG
Poll

Horizon Hobby UK Support

Its rumoured that Horizon UK may be winding down. I opened this poll in support of keeping this from happening. My experiences with HHUK support has been excellent and these people provide a fantastic support service to the hobbyists in UK & Ireland

Please vote and share your experiences. Lets hope we can support these guys in return for all they do for us.

ive had a few dealings with them and to be honest the support they provide is second to none. The guys there are top class and the turn around is exceptionally good. Perry & Tom are the guys i dealt with and i will be really sad if anything happens them....
i keep saying it because it important that folk know how good it is to deal with HH. Other manufacturers could well learn a lot from these guys about how you look after your customers.
Last edited by eirlink; Feb 18, 2016 at 02:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2016, 02:46 PM
BMFA 190658
I voted excellent.

Not had many dealings with them as most of my issues are resolved on here with the help of Andy Kunz but the odd time I've had to send hardware back to HH the UK depot has been fantastic.
Feb 18, 2016, 02:46 PM
Alan Brodie
Keep the UK centre open is my vote
Feb 18, 2016, 02:51 PM
click HERE 2 C my BLOG
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot
I voted excellent.

Not had many dealings with them as most of my issues are resolved on here with the help of Andy Kunz but the odd time I've had to send hardware back to HH the UK depot has been fantastic.
agree....Andy/ Freechip / Muke and others are fantastic but for hardware support / replacement Tom and Perry are top men.
Feb 18, 2016, 03:02 PM
Ian
If the rumour that the UK service centre is to be closed is true then this would be a very retrograde step. While we can be confident the German service centre would provide excellent service it cannot provide the convenience of the UK, the quick turnaround and it would involve international postage (and customs delays?). The ability to talk to Perry and Tom without it being an international call is also invaluable. While it is obviously a commercial decision, HH have a superb reputation for their customer service and this would not be helping this valuable and immeasurable asset. Keep the UK service centre!
Feb 25, 2016, 06:38 AM
Voted: excellent
Phoned them up when I discovered that the DX8 I had bought had one gimbal repaired with epoxy, which then failed. They asked me to send it in and it was back by return courier. Replaced the gimbal with a used, but good, one from their spares, updated the firmware; all FCO. Yes Including the return courier.
Oct 04, 2016, 04:52 PM
Damn that dog can fly.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by eirlink
Its rumoured that Horizon UK may be winding down. I opened this poll in support of keeping this from happening. My experiences with HHUK support has been excellent and these people provide a fantastic support service to the hobbyists in UK & Ireland

Please vote and share your experiences. Lets hope we can support these guys in return for all they do for us.

ive had a few dealings with them and to be honest the support they provide is second to none. The guys there are top class and the turn around is exceptionally good. Perry & Tom are the guys i dealt with and i will be really sad if anything happens them....
i keep saying it because it important that folk know how good it is to deal with HH. Other manufacturers could well learn a lot from these guys about how you look after your customers.

I think they must have closed down. They don't respond to my emails for technical support.
Oct 04, 2016, 05:22 PM
Ian
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJI
I think they must have closed down. They don't respond to my emails for technical support.
I don't think they have. Give them a phone call. 01279 641097
Oct 04, 2016, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMF Flyer
I don't think they have. Give them a phone call. 01279 641097
Apologies, I was being sarcastic. What I meant to say is that they IGNORE emails for technical support and spare parts availability.

Oct 05, 2016, 04:30 AM
Ian
Quote:
Apologies, I was being sarcastic. What I meant to say is that they IGNORE emails for technical support and spare parts availability.

Ah, yes! They don't seem to be too good at that side of things. I have found them excellent at giving support through a phone call but sometimes it is hard to even get the phone answered! I think they are only a small team though and they do do excellent repair work in a short turn around time so I personally make allowances for the other shortcomings. I have had excellent response to emails on support issues from the USA support team - worth a try!
Oct 05, 2016, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMF Flyer
Ah, yes! They don't seem to be too good at that side of things. I have found them excellent at giving support through a phone call but sometimes it is hard to even get the phone answered! I think they are only a small team though and they do do excellent repair work in a short turn around time so I personally make allowances for the other shortcomings. I have had excellent response to emails on support issues from the USA support team - worth a try!
Ditto. When I've sent something in, I've always had a replacement within days. However, trying to get technical information and spare parts info lately has been fruitless. All my emails seem to be falling into a black abyss.....

Might try contacting US tech support as you suggest.
Oct 07, 2016, 11:54 AM
I phoned horizon UK about spare parts for the blade 230s as i couldnt find spares in the uk....was told be in stock around November and "Thats life" and that i should of bought spares when i bought the heli......was dissapointed with his rudeness......had previous excellent experiance with hh uk....
Last edited by DARKANGEL1; Oct 07, 2016 at 04:00 PM.
Oct 08, 2016, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKANGEL1
I phoned horizon UK about spare parts for the blade 230s as i couldnt find spares in the uk....was told be in stock around November and "Thats life" and that i should of bought spares when i bought the heli......was dissapointed with his rudeness......had previous excellent experiance with hh uk....
I suppose at least you got an answer....

I've sent a total of 6 emails over a period of 30 days to sales, service and named employees wanting spare parts & product information and not had any help whatsoever. They obviously don't want my money or want to help loyal customers anymore.

Oct 08, 2016, 02:14 PM
Lou
Lou
Closed Account
Well .... they did buy Stuffenbiel (sp) so I wonder if they are ending HH presence and Stuffenbiel will take over the HH product line for Europe?
Nov 05, 2016, 07:44 PM
Quote:
I suppose at least you got an answer....

I've sent a total of 6 emails over a period of 30 days to sales, service and named employees wanting spare parts & product information and not had any help whatsoever. They obviously don't want my money or want to help loyal customers anymore.

over 60 days and still no reply from HH UK. Something tells me they are never going to reply.......