17 tooth pinion
500 mm (Mikado carbon blades)
GY401/5253
Hitec HS85MG
12 cells x 3000/2400
UBEC
Hitec 8 channel super slim
Hitec Eclipse

I decided to start with this Mega motor and later advance to a different one if needed. usually, the Mega 22/30 are used for the Logo 10. I chose the Mega 22/20 due to its better efficiency at lower currents and its low weight (160 gram).

the heli was extremely smooth and easy to control (compared to my corona).
the tail was "locked" in place. it lifted at exactly half throttle where I kept it for the most of the flight (only hovered today).

I used 90% governor which gave 1290 RPM and 95% which gave 1610 RPM, more than needed for now. the esc worked great except for a few RPM changes in low governor mode (1290 RPM- 1350 RPM). used the soft timing (19Khz) mode.

the motor wasn't too warm after the first flight (without the canopy). the secend flight was done with the canopy on which resulted in a very hot motor (I should add a heat sink or a fan...).

what surprised me most was the long flight times - I got exactly 9 minutes of constant hover with a pack of 12 X 2400RC cells (around 1300RPM). that's more than I expected

can't wait to fly it again, what a great heli !

thanks for all your great help, Oded.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 06, 2004, 02:27 PM
good job oded,

I have a logo 10 that I hope to maiden on the weekend of the 14th/15th. Its all most complete. I've been learning on a Corona but am quite afraid of th Logo. Thanks for the throttle/rpm settings. It seems most of the people in this forum either haven't flown before or are monsters with 30 volt plus setups spinning super high rpm's. I'm looking forward to following in your footsteps.

Daniel
Aug 06, 2004, 04:08 PM
-Flight enthusiast_
Hi Daniel,

Do not be afraid I went from an electrified LMH110 (ancestor of Corona) straight to a LOGO 20 without any problems. Compared to your Corona, it will be a dream to fly.

Cheers!

glen
logoheli.com
Aug 06, 2004, 04:25 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
Nice going Oded

Nothing wrong with a mild setup if it works and flys nice for you.

FB
Aug 06, 2004, 04:48 PM
Permanently Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch
good job oded,

I have a logo 10 that I hope to maiden on the weekend of the 14th/15th. Its all most complete. I've been learning on a Corona but am quite afraid of th Logo. Thanks for the throttle/rpm settings. It seems most of the people in this forum either haven't flown before or are monsters with 30 volt plus setups spinning super high rpm's. I'm looking forward to following in your footsteps.

Daniel
I tend to agree with you Daniel. My head speed was hi, 1920, with my setup and it makes it more dificult to learn on for a beginer - at least for me.

The heli tends to stay ahead of me at that speed. It reacts very quickly to inputs and I tend to over correct a lot.

I'm turning mine down to 1600 or so and try that. I already went to 1700 and it was much easier to keep up with.

Larry
Aug 06, 2004, 06:36 PM