Feb 17, 2016, 06:06 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Why Do you Hate Me New Battery For CX-20 ;-;

I got a new battery on ebay and it worked great it charged fast and did have a little more juice than the stock battery but on my 3rd time charging it with the cx-20 stock charger it wouldn't charge so i tried the stock battery and it worked then when i plugged my new battery in the stock chargers red led flashed continuously till i unplugged it and on some quick research i think this means something is wrong with the battery and the connection. so i sent off an email to the seller waiting for reply.
Battery: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2700mAh-1...3D201491115831
I have nothing against the seller at this stage but i hope it turns out all good.
anyone have any ideas whats going on or how i can fix this? thx XD
to remove ads between posts
Feb 17, 2016, 02:18 PM
Check the cell voltages. One or more cell may be so low that the charger doesn't want to try charging it for safety.
Feb 18, 2016, 05:13 AM
Thread OP
how do i do that and if i can how do i fix it then? thx for replying
Feb 18, 2016, 11:15 AM
Use a voltage meter or cell checker. It's possible to ruin lipos by draining them too low though sometimes they recover. Hopefully you've done some reading on lipos. They're wonderfully powerful but they are fragile in certain ways and they can burn houses down when mistreated so it pays to follow all the rules.

If your voltage(s) are low, you can follow the stickies at the top of this forum. Make sure to do it in a fire safe place and under supervision. Make sure to mark it and watch it in the future since sometimes they seem to "semi-recover".

If it doesn't recover then you can consider that the price of lipo education. Setting a low voltage indicator higher and/or setting a timer shorter can help it not happen in the future.
Feb 18, 2016, 11:22 AM
Sounds like reading this lipo information site will be helpful..... http://www.tjinguytech.com/charging-how-tos
Feb 21, 2016, 10:36 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Guys for your help
Feb 22, 2016, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaShepherd View Post
I got a new battery on ebay and it worked great it charged fast and did have a little more juice than the stock battery but on my 3rd time charging it with the cx-20 stock charger it wouldn't charge so i tried the stock battery and it worked then when i plugged my new battery in the stock chargers red led flashed continuously till i unplugged it and on some quick research i think this means something is wrong with the battery and the connection. so i sent off an email to the seller waiting for reply.
Battery: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2700mAh-1...3D201491115831
I have nothing against the seller at this stage but i hope it turns out all good.
anyone have any ideas whats going on or how i can fix this? thx XD
Pure speculation - -
The new battery required several cycles to have the full usable capacity available. (Some of the newer lipos have this "feature",
due in part to safety and shipping regulations.)
The Lipo was over discharged, preventing the simple charger from doing a proper charge.
Many of the chargers will refuse to charge a lipo when the cell voltage are below a safe level.
The standard practice has been to charge at a low rate initially with a NICAD or NMIH setting until the cell voltages are just above the low limit, than reset the charger for lipo charging and complete the charge. This needs to be done in a way that prevents damage if the lipo decides to fail (Smoke, fire, etc)
When all is said and done, it's possible that the new lipo has been damaged such that it will not be able to supply full usable capacity, even if you succeed in getting it to charge properly.

Quick Reply