Feb 17, 2016, 03:39 AM
Car Bashing
New Product

H.King "Desert Fox" 1/10 4WD Desert Racer

H.King "Desert Fox" 1/10 4WD Desert Racer

H.King Desert Fox 1/10 4WD Desert Racer (RTR) - Hobbyking Product Video (2 min 11 sec)

Name: 76293.jpg
Views: 256
Size: 104.2 KB
Description: Name: 76294.jpg
Views: 278
Size: 124.8 KB
Description: Name: 76293s.jpg
Views: 283
Size: 117.4 KB
Description:
Name: 76293s1.jpg
Views: 270
Size: 150.1 KB
Description: Name: 76293s2.jpg
Views: 416
Size: 180.2 KB
Description: Name: 76293s3.jpg
Views: 451
Size: 200.4 KB
Description:
Name: 76293s4.jpg
Views: 418
Size: 169.6 KB
Description: Name: 76293s5.jpg
Views: 337
Size: 157.2 KB
Description:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyking

H.King "Desert Fox" 1/10 4WD Desert Racer(RTR) is ready for you to conquer the outdoors, you can start with the backyard and work your way up to North Africa and from there the world. This tough little rc buggy is built for bashing in the harshest of environments with a powerful 3000kv motor and tough 2.5mm aluminium chassis.
The Desert Fox comes packed with features that you would normally only find on top level RC buggies, such as a slipper clutch that can be tuned to suit different grip levels, threaded shocks for easy adjustability, two shock mount locations on the arms for added tuning, metal sealed gear diff and a powerful 3000kV motor. The sealed radio box and waterproof ESC mean you can run it in almost any conditions and the super soft, scale off-road tyres will work well on most surfaces from rocky tracks to paved roads.
Because of its roomy interior and plenty of flat surfaces, the Desert Fox is great for adding accessories such as LEDs in the light buckets on the roll cage or an engine sound simulator, it will also make a great FPV platform for roving projects.
With this Ready to Run version all you need is a suitable 2S car battery and you're ready to go.
The Desert Fox won't take any prisoners in the battle for backyard superiority and will make other buggies in its class eat its dust for dessert!

Features:
• Only need battery and will be ready to rlay
• Shaft drive 4WD with center slipper clutch
• Adjustable oil fill shocks
• "Real" spare tires included
• 5 useable light (LEDs not included)
• Easy access battery design
• Aluminum chassis and top plate

Specs:
Length: 530mm
Width: 290mm
Height: 180mm
Wheelbase: 325mm
Gear Ratio: 8.3:1
Tire size: 95x40mm
Hex Hub Size: 12mm
Battery Tray Dimensions: 142x46x24mm (MAX battery size)
Motor: 3650 12.5T 3000kV TrackStar
ESC: 45A Trackstar Brushless ESC with HXT 4mm Connector

Required:
4 x AA size battery for radio
2S 3000~4000MAH lipoly battery
Simple tools
RTR Global WH
ARR Global WH
Last edited by Jym73; Feb 19, 2016 at 07:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 17, 2016, 03:40 AM
Car Bashing
Based on Quanum Vandal transmission. Still a big hole for motor in chassis plate and no protection for spur gear.

I would prefer that hobbyking put in stock spares for BZ444 and Rattler
Feb 17, 2016, 07:05 AM
Looks pretty cool for $134.
Feb 17, 2016, 07:12 AM
Car Bashing
Quote:
Looks pretty cool for $134.
Yes. A-arm seems bigger than Vandal's A-arm. Aluminum chassis plate and upper deck is a good thing also imo.
Feb 17, 2016, 08:23 AM
Can you run 3S lipo batteries in this car?
Feb 17, 2016, 08:40 AM
Car Bashing
Not with the motor provided : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...000Kv_45A.html
Feb 17, 2016, 08:47 AM
Kid at heart..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jym73
Based on Quanum Vandal transmission. Still a big hole for motor in chassis plate and no protection for spur gear.

I really like the fact that it is based on the Vandal platform. I have 2 Vandals and enough spare parts for them to open a shop with, so that makes this new buggy really interesting for me from a spare parts perspective.
Feb 17, 2016, 08:50 AM
Car Bashing
I think all parts aren't compatible with Vandal. Mainly transmission is compatible i guess (gear box, diff.) but not center drive shaft. This Desert buggy has longer wheelbase and seems more wide, but maybe it is the wheels, a-arm aren't same, maybe wheels's drive shaft are longer also.
Feb 17, 2016, 08:55 AM
I m still trying to guess from witch platform it's derived and if spare parts will be available
Feb 17, 2016, 08:57 AM
Car Bashing
It isn't the FTX viper

EDIT : I read TGY 4409MD on the servo. It has different housing (not same color) than the one sold on HK but i had bad experiences with this servo
Feb 17, 2016, 09:04 AM
A good guess as they look really similar

But it seems to have some slight differences , perhaps they share some parts :

FTX :

Feb 17, 2016, 09:13 AM
Car Bashing
Imo, FTX viper doesn't share parts with FTX vantage. Gear box isn't same. Viper is really different than Vantage/Vandal.

This desert buggy has same front bumper than Vandal XL.
Feb 17, 2016, 09:57 AM
I have never bought a Hobby King car before... Are there issues with spare parts/upgraded parts?
Feb 17, 2016, 10:06 AM
Kid at heart..
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoXRacer
I have never bought a Hobby King car before... Are there issues with spare parts/upgraded parts?
The only issue you will have, is that there are no spare parts available. Most parts you need will be on back-order for months and months. Also, once a car is discontinued, so are the parts. this is the biggest issue I have with their cars. I'll give you an example. I have the BZ-222 in this thread and I need the three long screws that hold the transmission/belt drive/diff case to the motor plate. However, the screws are not even available for sale in the parts list. And Hobby King also do not sell a complete motor mount/transmission diff box that includes the screws. And the screws are extra long and not a normal size where I can find replacements online or in a hardware store either. As such, my BZ-222 is non functional without those screws. This may sound crazy, but since I can't just buy the screws (a part that should only cost a couple of dollars), I bought a whole ready to run car for parts. That's the really crappy part about Hobby King cars and the main reason why I never recommend them to anyone.
Feb 17, 2016, 11:38 AM
Car Bashing
Yes, when we buy a car from HK it is better to look if somebody else sell the same platform to have the possibility to find spares.

From all the cars i have bought on HK :

Turnigy SCT 2WD : spares aren't a big problem, there are instock quite often.
Basher RZ4 : It is a RGT DT2 compatible with RGT R2 and Xray T4, we can find spares from others shops.
Basher BZ444 : It is a Team C TR04, we can still find spares from others shops.
H.King rattler : Share part with Kyosho DBX and SST Racing 1/10, but Hobbyking parts seems better than this two brands.

For BZ444, since 8 month minimum, no new spares (or only few number in small quantity) have been restocked. Rattler, since i have bought it, 4 month ago, no spares have been restocked.
Last edited by Jym73; Feb 19, 2016 at 06:02 PM.

Quick Reply