This thread is privately moderated by wdwimbish, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 16, 2016, 11:37 AM
Wayne Wimbish
Thread OP
Careful!

Paying for Purchases by PayPal

Dear Friends,

I just want remind everyone that it really makes good sense to use the "Purchase of Goods and Services" option when using PayPal. If you do that, then you get PayPal's Buyer Protection, and then you would have some recourse if the deal goes South, or if the item didn't measure up to the description.

If you send money by the "Friends and Family" option and things go bad, you may never see your money again no matter what.

I also advise you to check out the Trader Rating of a seller before buying. I have worked hard to get the rating I have. If someone has a low rating they may be new or not very active so that is not necessarily a bad thing. Just beware.

Hope you find this info helpful,
Wayne
Last edited by wdwimbish; Jan 14, 2019 at 12:36 PM. Reason: updated trader advise
to remove ads between posts
Jul 14, 2020, 06:45 AM
Good advice. Timeless, really. Thanks for posting.

I won't pay using Friends & Family, but often add extra to "Goods & Services" amount to cover the PP fees for the seller.
Dec 21, 2020, 01:04 AM
a.k.a VintageFan
Still good advice.

If people demand you use PayPal they should bear the cost or factor it into the price.

Frank
Jan 08, 2023, 07:19 PM

Good Advice

Thanks for passing along very good advice.

Quick Reply