ProBoat Recoil 26" RTR Deep-V - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

ProBoat Recoil 26" RTR Deep-V

ProBoat has a new boat in the lineup called the Recoil. It's a 26" Deep-V that comes ready to run with everything you need...

Splash

Self-Righting Brushless Deep-V

ProBoat has a new boat in the lineup called the Recoil. It's a 26" Deep-V that comes ready to run with everything you need. It's a peppy little guy with its included 2100Kv watercooled brushless motor and 3S 3200mAh Lipo. That power system delivers 30+ MPH speeds on the water. It also features a self-righting hull so if you get flipped wrong side up, all you need to do is hit the throttle and the Recoil will flip itself right side up so you can keep on running.

Inside the box you'll find the boat assembled and with all electronics installed. You get a Pro Boat 2.4Ghz radio system made for marine use. The boat has an allow rudder and stainless tabs for trimming as well as stainless hardware. It comes pre-painted in the fiery yellow, orange and red trim seen in the photos below. Learn more about the ProBoat Recoil 26" RTF Deep-V at Horizon Hobby.

Feb 17, 2016, 05:33 PM
Kid at heart..
Wow, I really like this. Looks much more promising than the 17" version. Does anyone know if this is also based on a Joysway boat as well?
Feb 17, 2016, 06:04 PM
Just Plane Nutts
I believe this one is all-new. At least that's what I read in an earlier post displaying it.
Feb 17, 2016, 08:49 PM
RCG Admin
This is really the first boat in a long time that has me wanting one. Would fun to run around at the lake when we go paddle boarding and float flying.
Feb 18, 2016, 08:38 PM
Hmm kinda looks bloated to me, I think the Barbwire XL is better looking, my 2 cents
Apr 28, 2016, 07:45 PM
Quick question, proboat recoil 26 stock, if I wanted to upgrade motors would I go higher kv or lower kv with larger prop? Also would like to keep stock esc.
May 04, 2016, 06:23 AM
A octura x640 will really wake this boat up.
May 04, 2016, 05:03 PM
Product Developer-Pro Boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiedrone
Quick question, proboat recoil 26 stock, if I wanted to upgrade motors would I go higher kv or lower kv with larger prop? Also would like to keep stock esc.
I you want to keep stock ESC then you would need to go lower KV and larger prop.

Just keep in mind that the KV of the motor is key to the self right feature. You will lose that with a lower KV motor which may require you to rapidly hit forward, reverse, forward to rocks the boat and flip it over.
May 04, 2016, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMIBrewer74
A octura x640 will really wake this boat up.
I actually run an X642 in mine with the only "issue" being that the stock battery gets a bit warm. Should be fine with a full size pack and the weighted coupler replaced by a standard coupler; PRB3308.
May 08, 2016, 01:08 AM
I Like Coffee ^_^
I guess stock settings is not meant for 4s?
May 24, 2016, 02:07 PM

Decision

Looking at the Recoil 26 and the barbwire 24 having trouble deciding as there just isn't much info out there about the recoil 26 yet. Any thoughts out there?
May 25, 2016, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokkaGold
I guess stock settings is not meant for 4s?
The stock ESC is not 4s capable. The motor can handle 4s, but the issue is that most surface ESCs cant handle a 14 pole motor spinning so fast. Airplane ESC can handle it just fine.
May 25, 2016, 06:32 PM
I Like Coffee ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez
The stock ESC is not 4s capable. The motor can handle 4s, but the issue is that most surface ESCs cant handle a 14 pole motor spinning so fast. Airplane ESC can handle it just fine.
Thanks for the reply Lopez

So just want to ask you a few :

1. If I were to go 4s, as you mentioned the problem is the stock
ESC.

So which ESC do you think is a good upgrade?

2. I am new to RC boats, so I am lost when it comes to propellers. I know the stock propellers are sold as parts/replacement parts & I also know there is a metal props sold too which fits the Recoil 26.

So is there any other metal props that you recommend? Is this a contender?
Last edited by PokkaGold; May 25, 2016 at 07:09 PM.
May 26, 2016, 03:55 PM
Picked up this awesome little boat to finally start getting into boating. Loving it so far. Unfortunately I had a little brain fart earlier when taking the flex shaft out to grease it. Attaching a picture to better help describe my question.

The piece that is circled in black.. is the tapered side supposed to be towards the motor or towards the rear of the boat? The piece fell out and I can't seem to remember which way it goes and don't see any exploded parts views for this boat.
May 26, 2016, 08:05 PM
Just Plane Nutts
(delete)