May 22, 2019, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tic
I wanted to go that route but I'm afraid the noise would get our club shut down due to houses very close by. That being said, that 1518 is just awesome in virage.
18x18 3 blade whispers like an owl
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2019, 04:38 PM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
good point, those 3 blade GM's are very quiet. 18x18? not enough pitch but no stalled prop noise either. Your 1518 with cut down 18x23?sounds like it's stalled the whole time.
May 22, 2019, 05:49 PM
Pretty sure I'm wasting some energy but it sure is lowering the current and it gets on step quicker and it's still faster than anything I've ever flown
May 22, 2019, 06:27 PM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
I think it's the fastest F5B glider out there period
May 22, 2019, 07:24 PM
Electric
If only we could put in a few 6s2200mah packs

Don't change a thing Yuri! Battery tech is going to give us another kick someday.
Last edited by DeadstickDuck; May 22, 2019 at 10:29 PM.
May 22, 2019, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tic
I think it's the fastest F5B glider out there period
Because of the extra weight it's not that quick but she has amazing speed retention....still waiting on the new gm prop
May 22, 2019, 09:20 PM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
well, it LOOKS and SOUNDS faster than anything but your vids always make your planes look fast.
May 22, 2019, 09:47 PM
With the 26 pitch prop if one can get 10k at the prop....pitch speed jumps to 246.....80% of that is still really moving.....trick is getting the 10k rpm to the prop....17 inch makes that possible I would think....with the speed gain your gonna loose some of that quick acceleration though....
May 22, 2019, 10:10 PM
I'm All Thumbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by la528it
Kevlar
Oh yeah, kevlar.
Prolly carbon now.
Dunno if my old 1512 is even wrapped.
Skies
J
May 22, 2019, 10:58 PM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
I just hope I can get it repaired or replaced in a reasonable amount of time. Our summers are short as it is and I need to get to 1,000 virage flights.
May 23, 2019, 01:33 AM
Electric
The CC controllers are pretty good at shutting down troubles. They either shut down or let out a lot of smoke. Hope you just cooked the rotor so you can just clean it up and drop another one in! Anyway to hook up another brushless motor ya got laying around to test the esc?

My windings survived the meltdown of the lipo fire that was hot enough to demagnitize my 1512 rotor. Lisa repaired my motor in a week and had it back faster than I expected.
Last edited by DeadstickDuck; May 23, 2019 at 11:03 AM.
May 23, 2019, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tic
I just hope I can get it repaired or replaced in a reasonable amount of time. Our summers are short as it is and I need to get to 1,000 virage flights. :)
Has there been ANY summer day in Michigan this year? It's raining so hard this morning that my gutters are overflowing--again :(
May 23, 2019, 10:32 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by la528it
Has there been ANY summer day in Michigan this year? It's raining so hard this morning that my gutters are overflowing--again
Rich,we have house for sale next door,78F today sunny and nice,going to the beach coming sunday/monday,
our neighborhood is crime free,You will have THE BEST babysitters for FREE ,actually we will even pay You by hour to accompany Your beautiful daughter.....we have a small dog and toys and.....and....
And eventually ,how come genius mathematician like You can't find a decent job in the place he liked so much?
Just lower Your demands a little
Oh....FREE VIRAGE if You are coming !
Love You all.
Yuri
May 23, 2019, 10:59 AM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
Good flying days have been few and far between this spring in MI. Today has decent temps (65f) but winds gusting 30mph. For me w/o my virage temporarily I have far less motivation to go to the flying field.
May 23, 2019, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox
Rich,we have house for sale next door,78F today sunny and nice,going to the beach coming sunday/monday,
our neighborhood is crime free,You will have THE BEST babysitters for FREE ,actually we will even pay You by hour to accompany Your beautiful daughter.....we have a small dog and toys and.....and....
And eventually ,how come genius mathematician like You can't find a decent job in the place he liked so much?
Just lower Your demands a little
Oh....FREE VIRAGE if You are coming !
Love You all.
Yuri
He even has a new carpet, Rich

Quick Reply