Feb 14, 2016, 01:00 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Just ordered this plane

I just ordered the Apprentice S 15e RTF (Ready-To-Fly) Beginner RC Airplane with Safe Technology. Now I have been flying planes for about 10 years and never had one with the safe technologies. What are the good points about having it and can I just not use it?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2016, 01:03 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
You will love it. Once you start flying it, you won't even think about the tech that's in it.

The SAFE, is a recovery button, or you can hold it and do an auto land. just fun flying.
Feb 14, 2016, 01:10 PM
Thread OP
You say auto landing so how does it know how to and where to land. I mean do you have to line it up first?
Feb 14, 2016, 01:12 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
Line it up, cut the throttle back a bit and push the SAFE button. You only need to mess with
the throttle.

My Super Cub does it, it works well unless there is a lot of wind, then it just helps.

It is at the very end of the video

Horizon Hobby E-flite Apprentice S 15e RTF (4 min 35 sec)
Last edited by BHOFM; Feb 14, 2016 at 01:25 PM.
Feb 14, 2016, 01:25 PM
It's a great plane. just be sure and READ the instructions . Also be sure to activate the Safe system with the plane on it's gear and NOT in some odd position ( like holding it up etc ) . You should have a lot of fun just flying a nice plane. ENJOY !!! RED
Feb 14, 2016, 01:47 PM
Thread OP
So do I have to use the safe system when taking off. I'm use to the normal way. What about the transmitter that came with it. Is it any good? It's the spectrum 5 channel. I'm use to the turnergy transmitter and the fly sky 9 channel which both have been great.
Last edited by mensite; Feb 14, 2016 at 01:52 PM.
Feb 14, 2016, 01:53 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
The transmitters fine, will work with other planes. You can fly how you want, SAFE, beginner,
intermediate, expert.
Feb 14, 2016, 01:56 PM
Thread OP
You guys know what's funny? I have one of these planes still new in box but I bought one pcs at a time. About a 123.00 dollars I just never have put it together .
Feb 14, 2016, 02:01 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
I have a Super Cub I build from parts, it is 5oz lighter than the stock version, has twice the wattage,
and no SAFE. And Tundra Tires.

I also have the stock version.

3ctaildragger (0 min 23 sec)
Feb 14, 2016, 02:38 PM
Perpetual Noob

Great choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensite
I just ordered the Apprentice S 15e RTF (Ready-To-Fly) Beginner RC Airplane with Safe Technology. Now I have been flying planes for about 10 years and never had one with the safe technologies. What are the good points about having it and can I just not use it?
The SAFE system has 3 modes and if you've been flying for a while you don't need to mess with them and just fly it in the Experienced mode. This puts no limits on the bank and yaw angles but engaging the panic mode will level the plane.

It's a floater, so it slows down nicely and just floats to a landing but it will also do sport acrobatics. Depending on how hard you work the throttle, you should get between 10 and 15 minutes of flight times. It uses a 3S 3200 as the stock battery, there have been reports of people using a 4S 3500. I use primarily 3S 3300s in mine.
Feb 14, 2016, 02:51 PM
Thread OP
I was thinking about using a 4s 3300 battery with it. That aren't to give it some punch!!!��
Feb 14, 2016, 03:02 PM
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
You'll have to change the prop, and likely the ESC, for 4s.
Feb 14, 2016, 04:15 PM
Thread OP
I have an 85 amp should be good.
Feb 14, 2016, 04:24 PM
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
Make sure whatever you prop it for, you don't exceed 30 A - the motor does not have specs so the 30A ESC limit will have to be the cap on max motor current as well. Just looked at the ESC: http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...odID=EFLA1030B its fine for 4s.
Feb 14, 2016, 05:31 PM
Thread OP
What size prop would be good to use with the 4s 3300?

Quick Reply