Old Aug 05, 2004, 04:10 PM
Find More Posts by AzJason
Throw it it'll fly

How Do U Know If A Crystal Is Bad

Does anyone know how to determan if a crystal is bad? I bought a great planes receiver yesterday with a built in esc and it takes a futaba crystal and notta no worky.

THANKS

JASON
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2004, 04:28 PM
Find More Posts by Haldor
EDF Head
You dont, if the xtal is in doubt replace it - cheap insurance.
Old Aug 05, 2004, 05:43 PM
Find More Posts by hall woo
Permanently Banned
You are probably using the wrong type of crystal, Futaba has type 7 and type 9 for fm, single conversion and dual conversion
Old Aug 06, 2004, 04:23 AM
Find More Posts by bere
I believe there are ways to test if the crystal is still sendind signals on the frequency it's supposed to send but I don't know who has them. The guy from my LHS told me this, he has a 'machine' like that. I'm not sure about this though. Maybe someone else could confirm this??