Feb 12, 2016, 08:11 PM
Connecticut, and too many rc's
Thread OP
Discussion

hubsan x4 after motor replacement, one motor spins up partially on its own help

Hi all, after replacing all the motors on my hubsan x4, now for some reason, one motor starts spinning and all the other 4 remain stationary... I checked all the trims, what could this be? I bought new 380mah batts, and I use the stock 240, it doesn't do it, but with the 380mah pack it does it?

Thanks-
Spence
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2016, 08:55 PM
Thread OP
it may be fine, with the new batts it recovers better from flips, and it has much more power
Feb 12, 2016, 09:55 PM
Thread OP
one more question, would QR ladybird propellers be a good upgrade? The hubsan props are loud and delicate... http://www.ebay.com/itm/16pcs-HM-QR-...25.m3641.l6368

I heard that the ladybird props are quieter and give more thrust, is this true? and more durable? Hehe funny, I have invested almost the total price of this quad in parts, I just bought an extra set of motors
Feb 12, 2016, 11:11 PM
many trades, master of none
Maybe try a calibration procedure. Could have shorted something on the board. Check it over with a magnifying glass.

The clear hubsan brand props are great.

Ive rebuilt mine 4 complete times and my son's twice.
Feb 13, 2016, 08:24 AM
Thread OP
lol it seemed to fix itself are the clear hubsan props stronger than the black and white ones? Or are the ladybird props better? The ladybird props are more expensive than the black and white hubsan ones,(I bought 5 sets for $6 of the black and white hubsan props, and have been breaking them, some just break easily)

Its all in all atm a better quad, as the motors are new, and the batts give it more power, and it flips better with the 380mah batts, still pretty noisy, maybe its the cheap $6.90 shipped syma x5c motors I used?

I just bought another set of them lol for spares, happy I didn't spend $16 on hubsan motors... The syma motors seem to be pretty good quality, just slightly longer shafts
Last edited by spencer911; Feb 13, 2016 at 08:31 AM.
Feb 13, 2016, 06:52 PM
many trades, master of none
I use the syma motors no problems. The clear props are stronger. Haven't tried Lb props
Feb 13, 2016, 08:12 PM
Thread OP
Thanks so the clear hubsan props it is next thing on my list is maybe to 3d print a cool lighter frame, I am still with the 380mah batts only getting 3.5mins of flight time til the lights come on, I can fly for like another 3mins before it lands, but the annoying lights drive me nuts when they start to flash, 3.5mins of power and good consistent flight time is I guess good enough for me, the stock hubsan 240mah batt really fell on its face out of the box, it now recovers from flips better as well.
Feb 15, 2016, 10:28 AM
Thread OP
I am also happy to report that the syma x5c motors are holding up better, and are cheaper, you can buy a full set for what one single hubsan motor would cost(ok like 50cents more) but sounds a lot better than $16 for a full set
and also, how could I charge multiple batts at the same time? I have an acucel 6 charger aswell as an eflite celctra 1s charger, would I use a parrallel adapter to charge the 5 packs at the same time and end at the same time, or is that not how it works?
Feb 15, 2016, 01:16 PM
Thread OP
guys?

Quick Reply